IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

Here's the Blinky and Warhawk pictures tacked onto the games.

[Edit] Note: I've used <ANY KEY> for getting past the titles, otherwise they would both go right into the game when using <START> or the joystick <BUTTON> (unless only pushed and released very quickly).

Blinky's Scary School PAL(Title).xex

Warhawk PAL(Title).xex

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 7

These are fantastic! It's time to swap out title screens for Commando on the A8! I assume these are C64 sources? How many colors, on average, did Rastaconverter add to the original 16? :P

Yes, C64 sources ;)

I don't know for the number of colors, I deleted all "output.png", sorry...

@MrFish,

Thanks ;)

Edited by StaxX28

I'm quite annoyed the conversion has stalled at this point

reef2_wip_screenshot.png

I was so close!

You're not done till you've wrapped the evaluation counter around a couple of times ?

Sometimes it helps going back to an earlier save and continuing. You might luck out on a better solution as it's fairly random, although some solutions are much more probable to be found.

You're not done till you've wrapped the evaluation counter around a couple of times ?

Sometimes it helps going back to an earlier save and continuing. You might luck out on a better solution as it's fairly random, although some solutions are much more probable to be found.

It's still going, now at just over 1 billion evaluations and about 16 hours later. I'm still not getting the detail I'm looking for. One error looks like a tractor beam placed on the sting ray. The other one is the large gray fish (a grouper?) hasn't an eye. These are the things that most ruin the picture.

The image looks like this in Altirra (custom colors used, custom palette for rastaconverter)

post-9154-0-56340100-1509301212.png

NormDist had dropped by 0.5 to 40.9, not much improvement for 16 more hours of computation

• Like 1

A little update on the two versions of the Green Acres picture I'm working on...

Both have improved nicely and continue to improve steadily. I did restart everything evaluating with the latest version of Rastaconverter, which I wasn't using on the first ones I posted.

Note that the number of evaluations is incorrect on both of these. Somewhere around 5 billion both of these reverted to counts lower than 2 billion after quiting and resuming (previous quits and restarts were no problem). However, the progress of the conversion was still correct and continued on. So the correct count is the displayed count + more than 5 billion. Has anyone else experienced this?

The lower-colored version's evaluation count is quite a bit lower because it's been running on my main machine, on a single thread, and I've stopped it for some long periods of time before continuing.

You may notice that I only set the solution number to 10 for both of these. After I finish letting them evaluate I'll redo both with a much higher solution number.

Here's the lower-colored version (dithered in Photoshop), which was evaluating to 38 colors and now is evaluating to 68. Big jump.

post-6369-0-26032300-1509633965_thumb.png

Here's the higher-colored version (dithered in Rasta), which was evaluating to 70 colors and now is evaluating to 76.

post-6369-0-58210000-1509633976_thumb.png

• Like 5

Yeah, the counter wrap is normal on the version 7 rastaconverters. That probably started happening when the multi-threading was added. The speed up was so great that I doubt anyone left it running that long to hit the issue before then.

Edited by Sheddy

Yeah, the counter wrap is normal on the version 7 rastaconverters. That probably started happening when the multi-threading was added. The speed up was so great that I doubt anyone left it running that long to hit the issue before then.

If that's what's happening it sure is doing it in a strange way. When I saved and quit each one at different times, they were each at 5 billion +. When restarted, one picked up at 1.x billion and the other at something like 600 million. And right now one of them has already ran passed 6.x billion. I'm going to try and let that 6.x billion one run and see if it wraps if I don't quit, because it seems to me to have something to do with quiting and restarting after a certain point.