IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

On 9/14/2019 at 1:22 PM, Gunstar said:

I've a sudden issue of my Atari not communicating with my SIO, maybe a bad PIA or something, but I wasn't able to see this image on a real Atari yet, which I prefer to do as colors show up much better on real hardware. So here is my latest, with only the output image to judge by.

Wild. 60 colors.

Wild.png

Wild.xex 22.13 kB · 17 downloads

interesting to hear as my XP machine suddenly didn't communicate with my SIO2PC yesterday either... perhaps another windows update has futzed serial I/O

I re installed APE and it works again with pre emptive and polling timers turned on and the USB version but I haven't gotten the standard RS 232 back up and working with either APE nor Respeqt...

odd.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

interesting to hear as my XP machine suddenly didn't communicate with my SIO2PC yesterday either... perhaps another windows update has futzed serial I/O

I re installed APE and it works again with pre emptive and polling timers turned on and the USB version but I haven't gotten the standard RS 232 back up and working with either APE nor Respeqt...

odd.

Yes, that's quite a coincidence, But the PC I use as a slave file server/utility machine for my 8-bit has not been updated for about 4 years. Mine is an issue with the Atari I'm sure. I can communicate with MyIDE II in the cart port and PBI communication must be working since I have a Syscheck connected for external memory & OS's. But it goes straight to self test no matter what I try to access through the SIO. Anywho, I guess this isn't the thread. I just don't have the time to investigate right now. 

In the mean time, to keep this thread on topic, here are a couple versions of a Star Trek image I'm not quite happy with so I didn't post them before...but I need something to post...

To Boldly Go. 56 & 57 colors, both PAL, but different color palettes.

ToBoldlyGo.png

ToBoldlyGo2.png

ToBoldlyGo.xex ToBoldlyGo2.xex

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, gnusto said:

Better with a detail mask, or possibly just the settings I used were a better fit.

ahhhh.jpg /pal=altirra /dither=floyd /details=detail.png /details_val=2 /contrast=2 /init=smart /s=1024 /threads=4

ahhh2.png

ahhh2.xex 22.23 kB · 4 downloads

That's my kind of woman!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

5 hours ago, 777ismyname said:

That is beautiful! My English ancestors were from around Kendal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's an iconic Lake District view.

The conical mountain in the left middle distance is Yewbarrow; Great Gable is in the distance with the summit in cloud.  The foothills of the Scafell range are in view in the distance off to the right of the picture.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, drpeter said:

Kanagawa-oki nami ura

Woodblock print by the Japanese ukiyo-e artist Hokusai.

Published ~1830 as the first print in the series Thirty-six Views of Mount Fuji

40 colours

output.png

drpeter_Kanagawa.xex 21.93 kB · 3 downloads

This is my favorite of yours, so far, as the subject matter is a favorite of mine and, of course, it is a fantastic conversion.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, drpeter said:

Another beautiful image, nicely rendered.

I like the rabbit in the clouds!

Hah! nice catch! I stared at the as it was being converted on several occasions and I never noticed the rabbit in the clouds! But I'm also keeping an eye on the pixel details and not the "big picture." ;)

Edited by Gunstar

4 hours ago, Philsan said:

Images (8 and 30 colors) dedicated to Ric Ocasek (1944-2019), leader of The Cars rockband.

Philsan_RicOcasek_1.png.0b9b0251bbab148357b7e890311cb17f.png Philsan_RicOcasek_2.png.41c2056cdbf607441343fddc1057bdfc.png

Philsan_RicOcasek_1.xex 22.5 kB · 3 downloads

Philsan_RicOcasek_2.xex 22.05 kB · 4 downloads

One of my favorite singers and bands. Great job. Thanks!

• Like 1