IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

Our Last Summer  (Andersson/Ulvaeus 1980)

The summer air was soft and warm

The feeling right, the Paris night

Did its best to please us

And strolling down the Elysée

We had a drink in each café

And you-

You talked of politics, philosophy and I

Smiled like Mona Lisa.

We had our chance

It was a fine and true romance…

I can still recall our last summer,

I still see it all…

Walks along the Seine;

Laughing in the rain-

Our last summer,

Memories that remain…

We made our way along the river

And we sat down in the grass

By the Eiffel tower.

I was so happy we had met;

It was the age of no regret

Oh yes!

Those crazy years, that was the time

Of the flower-power

But underneath we had a fear of flying;

Of getting old, a fear of slowly dying-

We took the chance

Like we were dancing our last dance…

I still see it all…

In the tourist jam

Round the Notre Dame-

Our last summer,

Walking hand in hand…

Paris restaurants…

Our last summer,

Morning croissants…

Living for the day,

Worries far away-

Our last summer,

We could laugh and play…

And now you're working in a bank,

The family man, a football fan,

And your name is Harry-

How dull it seems!

Yet you're the hero of my dreams…

I still see it all…

Walks along the Seine;

Laughing in the rain-

Our last summer,

Memories that remain…

I can still recall our last summer

I still see it all…

In the tourist jam;

Round the Notre Dame-

Our last summer,

Walking hand in hand…

Paris restaurants…

Our last summer.

Morning croissants…

Living for the day,

Worries far away-

Our last summer,

We could laugh and play…

output_2_3.png

drpeter_Agnetha.xex

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
42 minutes ago, drpeter said:

Belcroute Bay

Jersey, English Channel Islands

60 colours

output_2.png

drpeter_Belcroute.xex 21.94 kB · 4 downloads

Beautiful as usual.  Apologies if this has been  discussed previously.  What palette are you using to do these?  Also, if you are using an emulator and doing NTSC, what is the preferred palette?

6 hours ago, Stephen said:

What palette are you using to do these?  Also, if you are using an emulator and doing NTSC, what is the preferred palette?

I nearly always use the Altirra palette and ciede color distance for the pre-process and yuv color distance for the conversion.

I used to use the laoo palette more in the past, particularly if unsaturated colours in the source image led to too many greys in the converted image, but now generally prefer to stick to the Altirra palette and adjust saturation etc. more in the source image before importing to RastaConverter.

I have done PAL conversions only, using the Altirra emulator to display the converted images, so unfortunately cannot comment or advise on NTSC conversions.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Itsukushima Shrine (Chinese characters).svg

Itsukushima Shrine - Torii at Sunset

Itsukushima, commonly known as Miyajima, is an historic sacred island, set in the Seto inland sea by Hiroshima, Japan.

The island is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and best known for its 'floating' vermilion Shinto torii gate, which at high tide is surrounded by sea.

There are numerous shrines, temples, sacred deer and other attractions scattered across the island which is a popular tourist destination.

69 colours

output.png

drpeter_Torii.xex

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

On 12/7/2019 at 1:57 AM, drpeter said:

I nearly always use the Altirra palette and ciede color distance for the pre-process and yuv color distance for the conversion.

I used to use the laoo palette more in the past, particularly if unsaturated colours in the source image led to too many greys in the converted image, but now generally prefer to stick to the Altirra palette and adjust saturation etc. more in the source image before importing to RastaConverter.

I have done PAL conversions only, using the Altirra emulator to display the converted images, so unfortunately cannot comment or advise on NTSC conversions.

Altirra palette and YUV for conversions is are my standards as well. I use others on occasion, depending on the image, especially Laoo, OlivierP and Jakub when I am dealing with skin tones, and I usually use Ciede or Cie94 color distance when working with skin tones as well. For pre-process I use the the same color distance as the conversion.

Mine are also all PAL unless specified NTSC, but I've pretty much given up on doing NTSC conversions as Rastaconverter just seems to have a hard time dealing with NTSC palettes properly, especially lots of false greens and blues that should be grays and blacks. Rastaconverter was written for PAL, and it's a kludge with NTSC. Luckily I converted my NTSC 1200XL to PAL about a year before I got into Rastaconverter, or I probably would have given up long ago and there would not have been hundreds of images done by me. For better or worse...

I have been busy doing conversions of late, but they are for the 2020 New Years disk, so people will have to wait for it to see my latest conversions. I'll be back strong with more conversions in the new year...

Edited by Gunstar

4 hours ago, drpeter said:

Itsukushima, commonly known as Miyajima, is an historic sacred island, set in the Seto inland sea by Hiroshima, Japan.

The island is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and best known for its 'floating' vermilion Shinto torii gate, which at high tide is surrounded by sea.

There are numerous shrines, temples, sacred deer and other attractions scattered across the island which is a popular tourist destination.

69 colours

output.png

drpeter_Torii.xex 22.11 kB · 6 downloads

That's a well mix of available details and playing with the available colors, not too much transitions and banding. Looking good on a big screen , and stunning on an old TV set.  

• Like 1

On 12/16/2019 at 5:09 PM, drpeter said:

69 colours

output.png

drpeter_Torii.xex 22.11 kB · 20 downloads

That would look great inserted into Mastertronix's Ninja [Mission]....

That's pretty good though the source material lends well to "lack of colour" in that it's mostly shades of grey.   And lends well to poor horizontal resolution in that most of the detail requires vertical res.

It'd be a great candidate for a 480i version of RC - I've been meaning one day to do a hack to produce that.  But it would be 2 seperate pics running on alternate fields and each would posess it's own artifacts which would likely be different to the other.

On 12/29/2019 at 2:10 AM, mytek said:

There are a lot of great conversions in this topic. I was wondering if there is slide show viewer that can be used on a CF drive to automatically load whatever pics are in the same directory as the viewer?

with joystick or start key or return key I use a spartados x command LS *.XEX >>RASTER.BAT inside the folder holding the CF partition.  Then use the -batfile  command or add alphabetical option LS A*.XEX >>ALLA.BAT  --- LS Z*.BAT >>ALLZ.BAT the alphabetical option is for when you acquire more than you can endure in on sitting.

Edited by Roydea6
to add alphabetical option
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1