IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

9 hours ago, Rybags said:

...a 480i version of RC - I've been meaning one day to do a hack to produce that.... 

I'm waiting...

You just do what you do best and I'll continue to do what I do best..

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

I suppose scaling your image to 160x480, then split odd and even lines into two images, feed them both to Rastaconverter, should do the trick. Alternate between both kernels and do the Rybags trick at the end to force the last scanline the be only half width. Curious how it'll look!

57 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

The Farm. 65 colors.

Yes, I'm running out of names to come up with for my random conversions.:|

TheFarm.png

TheFarm.xex 22.25 kB · 5 downloads

Awesome!

I don't know how the original looks but I love the way the lighting came out in your conversion.

There's an expression, "can't see the forest for the trees".  I'd almost swear I can see individual trees in your image.

-SteveS

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Gunstar said:

The Farm. 65 colors.

Yes, I'm running out of names to come up with for my random conversions.:|

TheFarm.png

TheFarm.xex 22.25 kB · 7 downloads

Hmmm, I borrowed a DVD-collection with all seasons of "Little House on the Prairie" (Michael Landon, etc.) and watched it the whole december. Maybe you can do some Rasta conversions (e.g. actors, little house, etc.) of this great tv-series which I loved as a child and still love as an adult...?!? If not, no problem...

• Like 2

Just now, CharlieChaplin said:

Hmmm, I borrowed a DVD-collection with all seasons of "Little House on the Prairie" (Michael Landon, etc.) and watched it the whole december. Maybe you can do some Rasta conversions (e.g. actors, little house, etc.) of this great tv-series which I loved as a child and still love as an adult...?!? If not, no problem...

Sure, I'll see what images I can find of Little House...it was a favorite show in my house too, growing up, that and The Waltons.

On 1/8/2020 at 1:44 PM, a8isa1 said:

Awesome!

I don't know how the original looks but I love the way the lighting came out in your conversion.

There's an expression, "can't see the forest for the trees".  I'd almost swear I can see individual trees in your image.

-SteveS

It's a pretty good rendition of the original, same lighting. The only thing that looks different is that the blue in the sky isn't actually blue sky, if that's what anyone thinks, it's actually all clouds and that area had darker, blue-gray clouds that look more like blue sky in the conversion.

Farm2.png

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/9/2020 at 1:11 PM, Gunstar said:

Farm and Tractor. 49 colors.

FarmTractor2.png

FarmTractor.xex 21.9 kB · 9 downloads

By  the way, that spot of lighter/different colors that is just above the tractors engine with the dark roofed building behind it...that;s actually a very colorful rooster standing on the tractors top. The resolution is too low for any definition, but if yuou look close at full screen size you can tell, it actually came out well for so few pixels. A close-up of the rooster on the tractor is on the way...

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Sorry about the delay on the promised image(s) of the rooster on the tractor, but the winter storm that blew through the Midwest US this weekend knocked out my Internet connection yesterday morning and I couldn't get out to figure it out until this afternoon. It was a wind-damaged coaxial cable segment running along the top edge of my house. I replaced it and am back on-line! Woo-hoo!:thumbsup: The only service providers way out in the sticks where I am at are satellite companies, so I have coaxial from the dish. It's faster to track down and fix the problem myself (by days) than to get a Hughes net repair tech out here...I know better than them about their own hardware anyway...I didn't want some $10 an hour technician taking hours to track down what I can guess in 2 minutes. (not to mention the time they'd waste me trying to track down the problem remotely and digitally over the phone first, instead of taking my word that it's a hardware issue on my end):rolling:

Anyway...Rooster on Tractor zoom 1. 46 colors.

Rooster on Tractor zoom 2. 51 colors. (Zooming in any closer and cropping and the resolution became lower than Rastaconverter conversions)

Sunset Rise. 80 colors. 

RoosterOnTractorZ1.png

RoosterOnTractorZ2.png

SunsetRise.png

RoosterOnTractorZ1.xex RoosterOnTractorZ2.xex SunsetRise.xex

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 13

1 hour ago, bugbiter said:

Is there a way in Altirra to disable / enable PM display? I would like to see where Rasta pictures use the PM bits..

Ctrl-F8 shows the composition of the picture by playfield & PMG colours.

COLBAK = black

COLOR0, COLOR1, COLOR2 = increasingly brighter shades of grey

COLPM0 = orange

COLPM1 = pink

COLPM2 = mauve

COLPM3 = pale blue

COLOR3 = white (in Rasta shown only in the missile graphics used as vertical bars to mask changes of COLBK down either side of the image)

Pressing Ctrl-F8 again invokes vertical bars at the left of the screen showing the colours in each register at the start of each scanline.

Canvas.png

These are shown in the order (left to right):

COLPM0

COLPM1

COLPM2

COLPM3

COLOR0

COLOR1

COLOR2

COLOR3 (for Rasta, always black)

COLBAK

Pressing Ctrl-F8 again returns to the normal image view

output_7.png

Edited by drpeter
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, drpeter said:

Ctrl-F8 shows the composition of the picture by playfield & PMG colours.

COLBAK = black

COLOR0, COLOR1, COLOR2 = increasingly brighter shades of grey

COLPM0 = orange

COLPM1 = pink

COLPM2 = mauve

COLPM3 = pale blue

COLOR3 = white (in Rasta shown only in the missile graphics used as vertical bars to mask changes of COLBK down either side of the image)

Pressing Ctrl-F8 again invokes vertical bars at the left of the screen showing the colours in each register at the start of each scanline.

Canvas.png

These are shown in the order (left to right):

COLPM0

COLPM1

COLPM2

COLPM3

COLOR0

COLOR1

COLOR2

COLOR3 (for Rasta, always black)

COLBAK

Pressing Ctrl-F8 again returns to the normal image view