IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

Back then, car manufacturers made changes every year.  For Mustangs, between 65 & 66, the main exterior changes were the grill (honeycomb changed to horizontal slats, the corral around the horse lost the bars surrounding it (horizontal bars in pic are due to the fog lights)), the gas cap & the side "scoop" trim.  67 & 68 were entirely new sheetmetal, but they did the same thing between models (grill, gas caps, scoops).  Oh, and the '68s got the rear side marking lights due to new regulations.  Then an all new car for 69.

@lbaeza Glad you liked it! :) Similar to the Todd Rundgren image, at first I thought it was way too difficult, but both turned out pretty good IMHO. Currently I'm not aiming for the most colors anymore. Number of colors is secundairy to number of line artifacts, let alone line errors. And third place is realism. If I can get away with a more cartoonish or retro look, I will. With good source material, some pre-processing (special sauce ;)), a bit of luck, it takes about 30-45 minutes on my rig. You can tell by the time I posted the Todd image after the request ;)

Nevertheless, my "new" method is not flawless either. Still struggling with Janet Jackson's Rythm Nation, Stoned Jesus - I'm a mountain, Nirvana - Nevermind. Not so easy to achieve my #1 goal, i.e. minimal line artifacts.

Any more requests? I'll gladly take a few, but I can't guarantee it'll work out.

@_The Doctor__ IMHO the over-contrast is part of the original. I'll see if it looks any better with contrast below zero. I have not touched the contrast settings.

Edited by ivop