IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

Original images by Dominique Signoret dedicated to Solaris, a 1961 philosophical science fiction novel by Polish writer Stanisław Lem. Its plot takes place on a fictional planet called Solaris, covered with an oceanic life form on whose surface appear variously shaped phenomena, such as symmetriads, asymmetriads, mimoids...

Philsan_Solaris_Symmetriad_1.png.8ab22d5dfe1170b50c9940715f3828f6.png

Philsan_Solaris_Symmetriad_1.xex

Philsan_Solaris_Symmetriad_2.png.7326b12fa500d32573b1022a6734ebab.png

Philsan_Solaris_Symmetriad_2.xex

Philsan_Solaris_Symmetriad_5.png.99aca50d49162ad80be30b227b89b658.png

Philsan_Solaris_Symmetriad_5.xex

Philsan_Solaris_Asymmetriad.png.9c0f8b3ed2e758984251149c2a7e20f6.png

Philsan_Solaris_Asymmetriad.xex

Philsan_Solaris_Mimoid.png.8959b915bd482763858c10284d650113.png

Philsan_Solaris_Mimoid.xex

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, ivop said:

Looks like my post and Stephen's post have disappeared. What happened? Is it a bug or a moderator? If it's the latter, could it please be explained? Thanks.

Oh wow - sorry if I offended anyone?  I merely pointed out I liked a song remake from the 80s.

• Like 1

To all,

Yesterday I made a post as a tribute to #blackouttuesday. Along with Stephen's post that quoted me, it has disappeared. I think I can be fairly sure it wasn't a bug, but it offended somebody and it got moderated.

I posted an anti-racism and social inequality message. Quoted some lyrics from Bodycount, included a black and white Rastaconversion of its band photo from 2017 and a link to the YouTube video of the song. There was some profanity in the lyrics though.

Now it has been about 24 hours since my post disappeared. Was it because of the profanity? Or is being anti-racism and inequality considered political, because you can also be pro-racism and inequality? Was it the band photo?  Something else I said? Or another reason?

If my posts are deleted, I'd like to know why. If you don't tell me what I did wrong, I might do it again without knowing. I'm pretty upset about this. Hadn't expected this on AtariAge.

Kind regards,
Ivo

Edited by ivop
  • Sad 1

In the Azalea and Rhododendron Park Kromlau in Gablenz, Germany, there's this Rakotzbrücke, also known as the Devil's bridge. It was specifically constructed to form a circle with its reflection in the water.

ivop_devils-bridge.png.e049d1f5670fa1efdbf391b2214f097e.png

31 colors

Original image by A.Landgraf, CC BY-SA 4.0,
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=51246301

ivop_devils-bridge.xex

• Like 15

18 hours ago, ivop said:

In the Azalea and Rhododendron Park Kromlau in Gablenz, Germany, there's this Rakotzbrücke, also known as the Devil's bridge. It was specifically constructed to form a circle with its reflection in the water.

ivop_devils-bridge.png.e049d1f5670fa1efdbf391b2214f097e.png

31 colors

Original image by A.Landgraf, CC BY-SA 4.0,
https://commons.wikimedia.org/w/index.php?curid=51246301

ivop_devils-bridge.xex 22.2 kB · 13 downloads

I converted this image a couple years ago. I think it can be found around pages 30-40 somewhere...not that it matters if it's been done again.

Edited by Gunstar

1 hour ago, Gunstar said:

I converted this image a couple years ago. I think it can be found around pages 30-40 somewhere...not that it matters if it's been done again.

I started at page 25 and up to page 55 I have not found it yet. Searching for "bridge" in this topic shows some bridges you did, but not this one. Would have been nice to compare them.

Edit: extended search range. Are you sure you posted it?

Edited by ivop

I felt deja vu but wasn't sure.

on the bridge

That tends to make me think he (gunstar or someone) did (rasta convert)...

as for Morrison, I can't bring myself to admire him... the alcohol, lsd, heroine, rants, and incoherent, inconsistent performance are not unlike Amy Winehouse or any number of performance artists... so young full of promise, and when lucid can give a great show. The industry and friends fueling, hurting, and helping in spurts, but mostly covering up for them (enabling) until they pass away. I feel sadness and sympathy for them, and perhaps a bit of frustration that this sort of thing goes on to this day. I won't confuse those emotions and begin to admire the track of their lives even today, staying firmly grounded in a thought that won't go away for many, that thought being- what a waste. I always feel sad when I see their image.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, ivop said:

I started at page 25 and up to page 55 I have not found it yet. Searching for "bridge" in this topic shows some bridges you did, but not this one. Would have been nice to compare them.

Edit: extended search range. Are you sure you posted it?

would anyone like to do an NTSC conversion using the saturation 40 palette (see my sig)?

53 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

I felt deja vu but wasn't sure.

on the bridge

That tends to make me think he (gunstar or someone) did (rasta convert)...

We'll see if it can be found :) Either in this thread or on somebody's harddisk.

as for Morrison, I can't bring myself to admire him... the alcohol, lsd, heroine, rants, and incoherent, inconsistent performance are not unlike Amy Winehouse or any number of performance artists... so young full of promise, and when lucid can give a great show. The industry and friends fueling, hurting, and helping in spurts, but mostly covering up for them (enabling) until they pass away. I feel sadness and sympathy for them, and perhaps a bit of frustration that this sort of thing goes on to this day. I won't confuse those emotions and begin to admire the track of their lives even today, staying firmly grounded in a thought that won't go away for many, that thought being- what a waste. I always feel sad when I see their image.

Perhaps I phrased it wrongly. I don't admire his destructive lifestyle. Like John Densmore, I even hate him for that. He could have done so much more. But love the music and lyrics he wrote with The Doors. And as for feeling sad seeing their image, I have the same. First year after Prince's death I couldn't listen to him or watch him. Luckily Prince had 30 years more than Jim.

Edited by ivop

1 hour ago, a8isa1 said:

would anyone like to do an NTSC conversion using the saturation 40 palette (see my sig)?

Could you post your palletes here on AtariAge? When going to that page, I saw a blank page. After just enabling Akamai, it was running 52(!) scripts from that site. I kid you not. And still only see an unclickable icon of your file. Won't go any further. I'm willing to try an NTSC conversion, so post 'em here :)

Edited by ivop

Prince p*ssed me off... the man came so far from the early all about s*x stuff, seemed to kick the bad habbits, cleaned up, made some really interesting music, some really good artistic work, only to get nailed from the side...  his doctor should have known better than to go near any addictive pain killer, or even recognized something was up... though it looks like there was doctor shopping involved... Someone got him started on the meds, and having lived through it earlier in life... I thought he'd recognize it again.

This stuff has become so pervasive, I'd kind of think we all should be tested every year or so when we do our Doctor visits for whatever reason, the doctor should hold the results in confidence just like all the other medical info and only share it between those you designate, yourself, and their self.

The Entertainment industry as a whole needs some serious protections... but here's the rub... people are free to do whatever they wish... so long as it doesn't injure someone else. The only way to handle that is when erratic dangerous behavior threatens or hurts others.

The other half was so p*ssed that all of the Prince stuff dis-appeared ... haven't heard a song or seen a disk, tape, album, since... not even the stuff I scoured the world for and made disks of. Not sure if he's ever coming off her sh*t list.

Me thinks we get to personally invested in people we don't know at all... even if met in person, unless you are around them for a long time, you really don't know them.

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 2

40 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

Prince p*ssed me off... the man came so far from the early all about s*x stuff, seemed to kick the bad habbits, cleaned up, made some really interesting music, some really good artistic work, only to get nailed from the side...

It p*ssed me off, too. Majorly. Have seen him live 14 times since '88 and three of them were aftershows.  Could go on and on about him and other points you mentioned about the entertainment industry, but better get on-topic again :)  Next post...

1 hour ago, ivop said:

Could you post your palletes here on AtariAge? When going to that page, I saw a blank page. After just enabling Akamai, it was running 52(!) scripts from that site. I kid you not. And still only see an unclickable icon of your file. Won't go any further. I'm willing to try an NTSC conversion, so post 'em here :)

oh wow!  Sorry about that.  It's Microsoft OneDrive.  Didn't know it was running so many scripts.   

I'll move my signature's link to my Dropbox account for now but I don't know if that's much better. Can someone suggest a clean (and preferably free) host for sharing small files.

Here are my palettes:

a8isa1_palettes.zip

Edited by a8isa1