IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

Yep, I put his profile and palettes (miss-spelled) in my signature...

and since you can sort of manage attachment here in AA it's pretty nice...

I bet the forum is having party notifying him about his name in every post if that bug exists, I better correct that signature asap ;)

*edit* corrected spelling, removed tag from signature just in case...

I'll be removing it of course, just testing out the theories, and with success!

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, ivop said:

Could you post your palletes here on AtariAge? When going to that page, I saw a blank page. After just enabling Akamai, it was running 52(!) scripts from that site. I kid you not. And still only see an unclickable icon of your file. Won't go any further. I'm willing to try an NTSC conversion, so post 'em here :)

My signature's link now points to one of my attachments.  Any browser tab that has one of my posts in view would need to be refreshed to have the change.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, ivop said:

I started at page 25 and up to page 55 I have not found it yet. Searching for "bridge" in this topic shows some bridges you did, but not this one. Would have been nice to compare them.

Edit: extended search range. Are you sure you posted it?

Sorry, a newer conversion than I thought: page 75. My keyboard doesn't have the European symbols with the two dots to put above the letter "U" so it's probably why you didn't find it with a search. With a normal "U" in place, it comes up instantly.

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/200118-images-generated-by-rastaconverter/page/75/?tab=comments#comment-4174275

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 6/6/2020 at 4:44 PM, a8isa1 said:

would anyone like to do an NTSC conversion using the saturation 40 palette (see my sig)?

My first NTSC conversion :D

I used a8isa1's ntsc_241_50start_40sat.pal

Rakotzbrücke (NTSC)

24 colors

ivop_devils-bridge-ntsc.png.0a10bcebfa72fbcbc97665f587ed8488.png

Original: A.Landgraf / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)

ivop_devils-bridge-ntsc.xex

Edited by ivop
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, ivop said:

My first NTSC conversion :D

I used a8isa1's ntsc_241_50start_40sat.pal

Rakotzbrücke (NTSC)

24 colors

ivop_devils-bridge-ntsc.png.0a10bcebfa72fbcbc97665f587ed8488.png

Original: A.Landgraf / CC BY-SA (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)

ivop_devils-bridge-ntsc.xex 22.07 kB · 2 downloads

Thanks, Ivop!   It looks great!

I'd love to take a look at it but unfortunately all my SIO devices aren't working.  SIO2PC no longer detected by my laptop.  RPi won't read any of my SD cards. Barebones SDrive failed due to bad voltage switcher back in 2009 and the workaround (2 signal diodes in series) , which worked for 11 years, failed recently.  Can't find my supply of 1n4148s. Cable to my SDrive-MAX snapped off due to not having a for it case and without it not having a convenient means to add strain relief.  Also the cable is far too short .   And I can't remember which test software for fujinet (esp8266 version) was the one that worked (mostly) for my homebrew.   

• Sad 1

Hello Gunstar

9 hours ago, Gunstar said:

My keyboard doesn't have the European symbols with the two dots to put above the letter "U" ...

On a Mac, just press and hold the "u" (with or without Shift) until all variations appear.  On a PC, press Alt 129 or Alt 154.

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 1

@a8isa1,

sio2pc what breed? (as in who made it and with what, is it usb or rs232) (or some Apple involvement type thing?)

oh my bad Pi?

Sdrive death, is it atmega fail in need of re-flash and fuse bits set, or the serial support chip?

You don't wanna use the 1n diodes anyway....

SDrive Max, I know you can solder up the wires or re-crimp some new ones :) Maybe even longer!

FujiNet, I betcha the the thread or git had the firmware you seek, and you can always ask in the thread which would be best...

and of course the crew here can always have your back for postage each way...

Betcha have over half the stuff running in short order.

_T D__

4 hours ago, ivop said:

Inspired by @xrbrevin's cat, here's another Ziggy :) 

Don't think I ever saw a cat that had more beautiful eyes than she had. The color is pretty close to what it was IRL. And a Ziggy can be of any gender :D

ivop_cat-ziggy.png.1a7d97bb80bfee48220bc4852a68343d.png

17 colors

ivop_cat-ziggy.xex 22.46 kB · 15 downloads

Holy shit dude!  I'm sat here working on my VBXE picture viewer, and this is a jaw dropping effort!  I'll say what has been repeated dozens of times in this thread.  If I could have viewed these images back in my early 80s BBSing days!  Just - wow.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, ivop said:

Michael

42 colors

ivop_michael.png.d836b4e1af217897f45fb5f01dd95e8b.png

'86, peak of his career.....

ivop_michael.xex 22.09 kB · 2 downloads

Wasn't too long ago I listened to Thriller again.  What a masterfully recorded album that was.  Such a shame about his later issues in life, he really was a talented kid.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Wasn't too long ago I listened to Thriller again.  What a masterfully recorded album that was.  Such a shame about his later issues in life, he really was a talented kid.

Yeah, Thriller was great. He had quite a fight with Quincy Jones about the intro of Billy Jean. In the end he won (i.e. it's my way or the highway :D). It's 29 seconds without vocals :)

The last 40 years intros have gone from an average of 20 seconds to a mere 6 seconds today.

Edited by ivop

1 hour ago, Philsan said:

I liked ivop image so I tried a conversion too.

I deleted background and Michael is bigger.

41 colors.

Yeah, my background could be mistaken for line artifacts or errors, but they are not. I erased part of the shadow of his jacket on his white shirt though, so that part and the sleeve on the right side rendered without line artifacts :)

Edited by ivop
  • Like 1