IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

10 minutes ago, ivop said:

Better use this one:

_92221580_afghangirl976.jpg

Yours has a terrible flash reflection ;)

Well, since you got so intimidated by a specular reflection of entirely natural origin (flash was never used), here's a much better one (skin tones above are yucky):

934CADAB-9D4A-445C-AB81-D8AF81E78013.thumb.jpeg.609915a1e746655e898628e0630538e0.jpeg

Let's see how conversions come out...

Edited by Faicuai

56 minutes ago, Faicuai said:

Well, since you got so intimidated by a specular reflection of entirely natural origin (flash was never used),

Intimidated? Nah, but your image was obviously a photo of your photobook. Okay, I mistook a reflection from other light sources for a flash. My reply was intended to be lighthearted.

here's a much better one (skin tones above are yucky):

Sorry to say, but this one doesn't look good either. Contrast in the hair is gone and it looks like the page was not flat when you did the "photo of the photo" :)

(edit: you just (21:20 CEST) edited away the waves at the top and bottom of the photo so it looks like your page was flat after all? Or uploaded a completely new photo? Sad...)

Anyway, during RastaConversions colors, contrast, gamma, luminance, are all subject to change. Majorly. So let's see how the conversions come out, with whatever source image :)

Edited by ivop

26 minutes ago, ivop said:

Intimidated? Nah, but your image was obviously a photo of your photobook. Okay, I mistook a reflection from other light sources for a flash. My reply was intended to be lighthearted.

Sorry to say, but this one doesn't look good either. Contrast in the hair is gone and it looks like the page was not flat when you did the "photo of the photo" :)

Anyway, during RastaConversions colors, contrast, gamma, luminance, are all subject to change. Majorly. So let's see how the conversions come out, with whatever source image :)

Make sure your monitor is properly calibrated (preferably with colorimeter) and your browser provides color-managed output between the attached photos (they all have a color-profile embedded) and the monitor's color space described by your calibration's resulting profile.

The second one looks vibrant and vivid!

Cheers!

31 minutes ago, Faicuai said:

The second one looks vibrant and vivid!

I could make the BBC image look just as vibrant and vivid. Even without The Gimp or Photoshop. Just RastaConverter, and won't lose the contrast in her hair, as in your photo of a reproduction of a photo in a book. The amount of noise in your photo is staggering. And there are dust specks. Either on your camera or on the book.

But to quote Chester Bennington, in the end it doesn't really matter. Contrast, colors, luminance, etc. will all be heavily played with to get a proper conversion! :) And it will be rescaled to 160x240, so all dust specks, sensor noise, and all that, will be filtered out ;)

Edited by ivop

28 minutes ago, ivop said:

Detail of Steve McCurry's book cover:

Steve-McCurry-PIA.png.cb6ff9abd0469fd4c5239c86d8699df0.png

Pakistan International Airlines, or Peripheral Interface Adapter? ;)

Damn!

Not even me saw ir... with the book in my nose... ??

In any case, you guys should go out and buy this book... get ready to see the early TALIBAN, the real one, from the time of fighting the Soviets... Steve McCurry got embedded there and just wait until you see the images...

Edited by Faicuai
  • Like 1

Goodbye and sleep well, my beloved Kitty cat.

Kitty attended the Fujiama Parties 2011-2015 (watch the galleries on my Homepage), so many Atari users here in Germany knew her in person.

She was there when I met my Girlfriend, she was there when my two children were born. Less than a month we were a family of six.

Last Thursday she got overrun by a car. She left a giant hole in our young family. The sadness will go but happy memories will remain.

This photo was taken and converted in 2018 ... but now I think it's time to share this RastaConverter-Image with you.

KITTY1.png

KITTY1.XEX

• Like 6
  • Sad 11

@atarixle My sincere condolences... I know how much a little furball can mean! Last January we lost a friend to a speeding car. A neighborhood cat who was friends with everyone on the block, human or feline. She would come running every time I came home and follow me into the house after work to meet my indoor cats. Also looked after stray and feral kittens. They are precious friends!

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/18/2020 at 6:16 PM, Stephen said:

This is my best work yet.  1 iteration, normal distance 1.

output.png.3cb94662858248f0e688a4a3be049544.png

Stephen-White-Album.xex 18.22 kB · 9 downloads

I was just going back over the last 10 or so pages making sure I didn't miss anything. I just had to quote this one because it has been downloaded 9 times...WTF? People are actually saving this to view later?!? Wow Stephen, you hit a cord with some people...not sure what to say but "WTF?!?" Still a great joke to see among the images...but...WTF?!? I'd love to hear the reason...not enough clutter on the 'ol HDD yet?

• Thanks 1