IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

1 hour ago, Gunstar said:

I was just going back over the last 10 or so pages making sure I didn't miss anything. I just had to quote this one because it has been downloaded 9 times...WTF? People are actually saving this to view later?!? Wow Stephen, you hit a cord with some people...not sure what to say but "WTF?!?" Still a great joke to see among the images...but...WTF?!? I'd love to hear the reason...not enough clutter on the 'ol HDD yet?

LMAO - wow.  That's insane.  I did not expect (nor deserve) a single download of that.  I've seen some awesome 256-byte demos that do great stuff.  I wasted 23kB on a static white screen.  The shame.  I could not resist doing that though.

• Haha 4

On 7/7/2020 at 10:02 AM, RAM said:

Imagine an adventure game with Gunstar quality art back in the day on the old Atari, Commodore would have gone out of business a lot sooner!

I appreciate your enthusiasm about my conversions, but that's all they are is conversions, and not my art or photos, which is why I don't use my name or AA handle when I name them; it's NOT my work and as an artist I appreciate that and so don't claim it as mine with my name. I understand the reason why @Philsan started the thread asking for people to include names/handles, but I have to stick to my principles. But thank you again for appreciating my conversions of others' art. You are absolutely right about if we had this quality of art back then though. One of these days I'll post some of my real art from various graphic art programs and see about converting images of my real art too.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

I almost forgot about this image I was working on. At one point (after about 3 months of processing), Rasta crashed and the image restarted. But since then I've had no problems, and I back the progress up every so often.

So, I think this was run off and on for about 6 months on a spare PC I have here, which is fairly old. The machine processes in Rasta at a rate of about 4,200. I wasn't able to do any further processing for about the last 2 years, because I didn't have the machine set up. But, I'm starting to process it again now, finally. The image is near perfect in all areas except the details of the dirt road, which have not processed thoroughly yet. Rasta had just started working on them about the time I took my machine down and stopped processing.

My plan was to let it be processed as much as possible before posting anything; but since I was delayed for so long, I'll post this update.

It's a PAL image with 39 colors at this point.

143531327_GreenAcres-Processing.thumb.png.7050acfad3099e12e6e8031b3555e7e5.png

277858820_GreenAcres-Altirra.thumb.png.5165d8c7da52dd50ac2bd4daf70b7d16.png

Green Acres.xex

• Like 14

On 8/9/2020 at 1:30 AM, MrFish said:

I almost forgot about this image I was working on. At one point (after about 3 months of processing), Rasta crashed and the image restarted. But since then I've had no problems, and I back the progress up every so often.

So, I think this was run off and on for about 6 months on a spare PC I have here, which is fairly old. The machine processes in Rasta at a rate of about 4,200. I wasn't able to do any further processing for about the last 2 years, because I didn't have the machine set up. But, I'm starting to process it again now, finally. The image is near perfect in all areas except the details of the dirt road, which have not processed thoroughly yet. Rasta had just started working on them about the time I took my machine down and stopped processing.

My plan was to let it be processed as much as possible before posting anything; but since I was delayed for so long, I'll post this update.

It's a PAL image with 39 colors at this point.

143531327_GreenAcres-Processing.thumb.png.7050acfad3099e12e6e8031b3555e7e5.png

277858820_GreenAcres-Altirra.thumb.png.5165d8c7da52dd50ac2bd4daf70b7d16.png

Green Acres.xex 22.03 kB · 14 downloads

Amazingly colorful picture!  On real hardware in front of a CRT, I feel like looking at my Amiga screen (except for the lower screen resolution maybe). 

• Like 4

There are quite a few people who did a conversion of that one, myself to start, back about 2-3 years ago. Just go a search for "green acres." the name I first gave it. Starting on page 47, post #1160. ;)

Edited by Gunstar

13 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

There are quite a few people who did a conversion of that one, myself to start, back about 2-3 years ago. Just go a search for "green acres." the name I first gave it. Starting on page 47, post #1160. ;)

Thanks for the hint! Seems like a perfect picture for Rastaconverter. ?

The A8 line is being touted more and more these days as the "Amiga jr." with just how flexible and "Amiga like" it's graphics and color palette can be, with clever programming. Fitting since Jay Miner was behind the creation of both machines.

I do think @MrFish 's latest is the best of the best. I guess it should be with the apparent amount of time invested.;)

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Gunstar said:

Tron Cycles. 85 colors.

Troncycles.png

TronCycles.xex 21.84 kB · 4 downloads

Since I brought up the topic of Rasta-redo's, I thought I should mention that @kiwilove (page 39, #954), first did a conversion of the same subject material here. Mine is a cropped and zoomed in version for better detail on the main subjects.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

The A8 line is being touted more and more these days as the "Amiga jr." with just how flexible and "Amiga like" it's graphics and color palette can be, with clever programming. Fitting since Jay Miner was behind the creation of both machines.

I do think @MrFish 's latest is the best of the best. I guess it should be with the apparent amount of time invested.;)

Yea, I agree. It really looks like a Deluxe Paint picture from the Amiga. The same quality of color shading, which perfectly catches the mood of the picture. With the Atari being my first and the Amiga my second computer, I love both machines and still have them until today. Both are very elegant machines and fun to use.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, starfighter said:

Amazingly colorful picture!  On real hardware in front of a CRT, I feel like looking at my Amiga screen (except for the lower screen resolution maybe). 

7 hours ago, Gunstar said:

Yeah, I credit Gunstar for finding this very well-suited image for converting. It's really hard not to do a good conversion of it in RastaConverter.

• Like 1

I don't recall what a recognizer is...is that what the things are called like in your avatar? I'm a Tron fan, but not a fanboy, I don't recall what stuff in Tron is called...

Anyway, I'm done with Tron for now, maybe I'll do more later, but I've already moved on to other subject matter atm.

Edited by Gunstar

28 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

I don't recall what a recognizer is...is that what the things are called like in your avatar? I'm a Tron fan, but not a fanboy, I don't recall what stuff in Tron is called...

Anyway, I'm done with Tron for now, maybe I'll do more later, but I've already moved on to other subject matter atm.

recognizers are the machines flying above your Tron Cycles

• Thanks 2

49 minutes ago, a8isa1 said:

recognizers are the machines flying above your Tron Cycles

;) By the way, I didn't forget the cycles are Light cycles, I just chose not to use the full name. I did recall enough to guess right on the Recognizers though, I just wasn't sure. But it took me a while to dope-out just what @ClausB was talking about at all...I didn't "recognize" recognizers as a proper noun since he didn't have it capitalized, so I thought, at first it was some sort of Tron fanboy slang or something...

Edited by Gunstar
  • Thanks 1