IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

Well I thought someone ought to do something like this?  Put them up as a A3 sized poster - here's a first page of 72 pictures.  I'll get around to doing another 3? pages as I have these images ready to be assembled.

The order is probably not in any proper order because it's by filenames.

It looks pretty good - don't recommend it in A4 - but who knows - it may still look OK?

Thanks guys for the various images.

Harvey

Raster-Images-01A.png

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3

I've redone the first page - a little.  And added these two new pages.

These were done using MS Paint - and to print it out - I'll choose a 4.7mm for the left margin, and 0.7mm for the rest.

It's not that hard to rearrange these more to your liking.

Thanks guys for the various images.

Harvey

Raster-Images-01A.png

Raster-Images-02A.png

Raster-Images-03A.png

• Like 8

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

Those compilations are awesome.  Would be cool if you could automate the process and each time a new one got added here they could update :)

Would also be nice if he could randomize the images instead of going alphabetically by filename. I believe he has reached the capital P now. I think I see some @Philsan conversions in there :)

• Like 1

@ivop

I see some images of mine, but not all of them, grouped together in the first and second picture in this post:

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/200118-images-generated-by-rastaconverter/?do=findComment&comment=4613240

Other images are in another post picture.

If images are sorted alphabetically, I think all images should be grouped by author, with some images (made by Gunstar) amidst others.

• Like 2

If he added my name to the beginning of .xex files I made, that would explain mine being grouped together, but other's conversions mixed in here and there among mine would be file names starting with the letter G too, I guess. For example, the very first one he posted starts with a picture of a Gorilla (which I am pretty sure is NOT a conversion of mine*), and then the Atari computer images I converted, with the file names changed to have Gunstar. But then in the second collection none of the top half are mine, but mine compromise the majority of the bottom half, so that doesn't make sense.

After that, my images become more intermixed with other peoples until the very last collection he posted which looks like it is 100% my images.

*It's possible I did it and forgot...but I think I'm at least 95% correct on which ones I've picked out as mine.

Edited by Gunstar

I'm glad that people like the compilation pages done.  They're not done with any kind of order present because I have left some images out.  I've still got a lot of images ready to be used - a backlog, which then leaves only the later pages of this forum left to complete.  To have a precise order, whether of dating, subject matter or by author would take up too much time to do so. These are not compiled to a strict filename order - because of the backlog of images left to do.

It's not that hard to reedit pages so that you can have them to your liking when you think certain odd images grouped ought to be changed around.

The end result is simply to have something nice to pin up on the wall around an Atari 8-bit computer set up, whether at home or at some computer display to showcase the much neglected Atari 8-bit series home computers.

Maybe someone could gather the images ready to run - as a slideshow?

Harvey

Edited by kiwilove
  • Like 3

On the Rasta Images-05 poster, the last one, I zoomed in to get a better look at some of them and I noticed that the 'Green Acres' one is nobody's conversion. It's too high-res and I believe it is a 320x240 Rasta source image: the first of the three when Rasta Converter is running.

10 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

On the Rasta Images-05 poster, the last one, I zoomed in to get a better look at some of them and I noticed that the 'Green Acres' one is nobody's conversion. It's too high-res and I believe it is a 320x240 Rasta source image: the first of the three when Rasta Converter is running.

Yes - you're right about that pic - those are not Atari pixels.  Here's a correction with a different picture.

I tried to avoid using incorrect pictures - so hopefully I haven't included any 'destination' pics and use actual rasterconverter images.

Raster-Images-05ABC.thumb.png.3cc874cfca2db25e26fddf773fe14ded.png

• Like 1

Here's another 3 pages.

Raster-Images-07A.thumb.png.a3640217ecd54f937497c12c7d7adfb6.png

Raster-Images-08AB.thumb.png.2b8adab84e5a45b50dc85107195f9064.png

Raster-Images-09A.thumb.png.9d8fdb9983db76091608e34a27d0d2d6.png

With the last page - I decided to try putting some 'other' comparative pictures alongside for comparison purposes.

So third last - is a line of Graph2fnt images (hopefully this is correct?) - then a line of Fun With Art images - and lastly a line of Technicolour Dream pictures - but the TD pictures look very muddy on print - whereas on screen they look their normal self.

So - I'll end up taking out these TD pictures because printwise they do look terrible.

Now- there's a reasonable number of 'later' images I have yet to make use of.  There's a number of other images I have omitted completely because I wasn't going to include every image uploaded to the forum.  Which may amount to 2 more pages?

Harvey

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Gunstar said:

I knew I'd converted quite a few images over the past few years, but I'm even astonished seeing and remembering them all in these Rasta image pages...

You kept this thing alive single-handed at one point, and still produce the best images!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, StickJock said:

Here's another image suggestion.  My favorite game from BitD.

Necromancer (video game) - Wikipedia

Crop out the left & bottom so it is just the artwork.

I'll see about it, but I think I might find a better source, one that doesn't have a hole in the name where it was hanging on a store rack. Or just not include the name when cropping for ratio.

Edited by Gunstar

You know, I didn't even notice that hole until you mentioned it.

This one is higher res and has the hole filled, but it has a C64 sticker on it.

Necromancer for Atari 8-bit (1982) - MobyGames

And this one has text all over it.

Atari 400 800 XL XE Necromancer : scans, dump, download, screenshots, ads, videos, catalog ...

But between the set of them, you can probably composite together a complete, intact image.

How about an experiment? An attempt to keep the entire art image, or most of it yet still make full use of a full 4:3 ration image? The only thing is it would be horizontal and monitors or heads would have to tilt to the side...