IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

I have been having trouble deciding what subject matter or genres of subject matter to do conversions of next, so while I or any other of the regular contributors can do specific images, I'd rather hear what types of subject matter others would like to see, that may be poorly represented or absent in my conversions, or, that people want to see more of even if I've done many, like the examples I mentioned, too. Basically I just think something up, like landscapes or cars or alien worlds and do a search for images and then pic out ones that I like and think I could coerce a good image out of with Rastaconverter. The cutting room floor is ten times the size of images released, at least...

Edited by Gunstar

23 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

I have been having trouble deciding what subject matter or genres of subject matter to do conversions of next, so while I or any other of the regular contributors can do specific images, I'd rather hear what types of subject matter others would like to see, that may be poorly represented or absent in my conversions, or, that people want to see more of even if I've done many, like the examples I mentioned, too. Basically I just think something up, like landscapes or cars or alien worlds and do a search for images and then pic out ones that I like and think I could coerce a good image out of with Rastaconverter. The cutting room floor is ten times the size of images released, at least...

Here is some source material? perhaps?

Art-AncientEgypt-01A.thumb.png.5a7d996874283ba05c18efcfe9933fc5.png

Perhaps people need to be reminded about these enigmatic statues carved from black granite.  How can you work in this extra hard material? Power tools and the like.  Certainly not with manual hand chisels.  The bowls and vases made from diorite (just as hard) need some explaining as to how were they created?  Advanced machining in ancient times need explanation - such as the granite stones boxes in the Serapeum.  Similar artefacts exist in South America - of small and large and extra large artefacts - see video tours by Brien Foerster.

Incredible sculptures are done in white marble - which is of much softer material.

byagvbnmmco01.thumb.jpg.bb88efa0ad360662a5e5d8298750c6e3.jpgb599bb7c2ba2bcb40d4091a3fd03b33e.thumb.jpg.d7cfa5637aaca99dc5ea7573974fd4e5.jpg

And there's always the general world of art - not only of those well known but as many talented - not so well known artists who exhibit their own style and flair.  I've done a few compilations - and there's always more to look closely at.

Harvey

• Like 1

I agree that this art is a wonderment from ancient times and deserves to be known and awed in our ignorance of actual process. But translating too a Rasta image is another thing with the low-res 10x240, even with 128 colors. getting the detail of these ancient wonders. There is no way Rastaconverter could properly render that rope in any detail while still attempting to show the entire sculpture. Only cropped zoom-ins would reveal any detail. That's why with images of the ancient world I've stuck predominantly with architecture rather than sculpture. Buildings are just easier to convert and retain an awe factor in low detail, I think. But I will be happy to attempt some of the images you posted, @kiwilove.

In fact, since so many of the images you posted are vertically oriented, I may well do better attempting them horizontally on Rastaconverter like I am currently doing with the Necromancer image as a first experiment. And the better the converted image gets, the more I'm thinking I should have tried this sooner, regardless of the troublesome orientation on emulators and real hardware...

Edited by Gunstar

I do agree that most of the pictures contain too much detail and are in too high a resolution to render successfully within Rasterconverter - and that you have to crop images to what Rasterconverter can handle better.  But there are many images you have previously done - are not what I expect Rasterconverter to render successfully.

Some particular stonework ought to be able to be done - like the stonework of Puma Punku, Yonaguni.  The interlocking stonework of the Mayans, contrasting that with what the Aztecs built on top of.  This interlocking is used elsewhere in the world - including Egypt. And there are the gigantic megaliths in the Ural mountains.

And there's always the best of Greek and Roman sculpture vs the Terracotta warriors.  There is thought to be a link between these - that the latter was inspired by the former and even that Greek artisans were imported to help develop/manufacture them. 

Harvey

The teenage boy in me says 80s supermodels. Claudia, Cindy, Kathy, and Christie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Haha 2

Here is my very first attempt at a Rastaconversion that is horizontally oriented. So on a real Atari, or emulator (unless they have the ability to rotate the screen; I don't use them much) you will have to turn your head/body horizontal to properly view it, or turn your monitor on it's side. I have rotated the .png image for proper viewing here.

I only raised the contrast to 15 in Rastaconverter, and used Altirra Palette and YUV colorspace, and used Knoll dithering at 0.3 at randomization of 0.2. I am currently running a non-dithered version with more drastic changes from default settings. I usually would not be posting the very first one I convert, but I want to gauge peoples reactions to horizontal images.

There are both advantages and disadvantage with the pixel shape and orientation both ways, but this makes DLI's etc. vertical across the image instead of horizontal, which has a drastic effect on how the conversion must be treated and subject matter chosen.

NecromancerA.png

NecromancerA.xex

• Like 2

22 hours ago, 8bitguy1 said:

The teenage boy in me says 80s supermodels. Claudia, Cindy, Kathy, and Christie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did convert some pics of Cindy and other models and also some singers and actors, but only in greyscale HIP mode...

Disk images 1+2 Alyssa Milano, Disk image 5 Cindy Crawford, also Christina Aguilera, Catherine Zeta-Jones, Laetitia Casta, etc. Disk images 1-24 do contain a viewer, disk images 25-37 do not (downloaded them from atarionline I think; use one of the viewers from the other disk images)...

Also converted some pics of Claudia Schiffer, but do not remember into which A8 format (not HIP, it seems)...

HIP.zip

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Gunstar said:

Here is my very first attempt at a Rastaconversion that is horizontally oriented. So on a real Atari, or emulator (unless they have the ability to rotate the screen; I don't use them much) you will have to turn your head/body horizontal to properly view it, or turn your monitor on it's side. I have rotated the .png image for proper viewing here.

I only raised the contrast to 15 in Rastaconverter, and used Altirra Palette and YUV colorspace, and used Knoll dithering at 0.3 at randomization of 0.2. I am currently running a non-dithered version with more drastic changes from default settings. I usually would not be posting the very first one I convert, but I want to gauge peoples reactions to horizontal images.

There are both advantages and disadvantage with the pixel shape and orientation both ways, but this makes DLI's etc. vertical across the image instead of horizontal, which has a drastic effect on how the conversion must be treated and subject matter chosen.

NecromancerA.png

NecromancerA.xex 22.08 kB · 3 downloads

Probably best viewed using a small LCD TV/monitor that is light and easily propped up on it's side.

Here's the last page of the series....

Raster-Images-10A.thumb.png.24ff7ba736a1594211a892809e99d7fc.png

Raster-Images-02A.thumb.png.7f9335f6a2e5fd4c7a2e82fa05008fe7.png

This other previous page did have a repeat image in it, so I replaced that with a different one.

I'd guess I have enough left over to fill yet another page - 35 from the last pages of this forum, with about 30 miscellaneous images left over - and I'd guess there's about another page of images I have left out completely.

But the pages done are a fair representation of images posted.  A few of these are not pixel accurate because of having to resize the image - but are very close in detail to the original image.

Many thanks for those who posted their images in the first place to show what Rasterconverter can do and for their time in producing the images.

Harvey

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Sheddy said:

I've just about finished cobbling together a RastaConverter slide show maker program for Windows called RastaSlide if anyone is interested and wants to try it.

Still gobsmacked at the quality of some of these pictures on just a little Atari.

RastaSlide.zip 1007.2 kB · 16 downloads

Does anyone understand the mechanics of the program?  And isn't 15s just a little long duration for slide show.  I have added (dropped) some rastervue.xex to the add.bat and got a file, but now what how to use the created file.

28 minutes ago, Roydea6 said:

Does anyone understand the mechanics of the program?  And isn't 15s just a little long duration for slide show.  I have added (dropped) some rastervue.xex to the add.bat and got a file, but now what how to use the created file.

Have you looked at the #readme.txt file?  I think this should answer your questions.

Here is my final version/attempt at necromancer 3:4 screen ratio. It was never the best subject matter for Rastconverter. But don't judge the quality of side-ways images by this one,  it's just an example. And people will have to speak up with likes and downloads, even if you don't like this particular image, IF you want me to do more side-ways images. I may try a couple more regardless, but it won't be a regular thing unless people are interested. Lots of advantages for long vertically oriented images this way...

Necromancer. 61 colors.

Necromancer1.png

Necromancer1.xex

• Like 5

5 hours ago, Gunstar said:

Here is my final version/attempt at necromancer 3:4 screen ratio. It was never the best subject matter for Rastconverter. But don't judge the quality of side-ways images by this one,  it's just an example. And people will have to speak up with likes and downloads, even if you don't like this particular image, IF you want me to do more side-ways images. I may try a couple more regardless, but it won't be a regular thing unless people are interested. Lots of advantages for long vertically oriented images this way...

Necromancer. 61 colors.

Necromancer1.png

Necromancer1.xex 22.06 kB · 2 downloads

That came out great!  Thanks!

• Like 1

I have made another slide show of my ITOV folder the first few are unknown to me memory lost in time. the ITOV folder is mostly @ivop creations.

ivopSlides.atr

And another folder for @a8isa1 called A8AI a couple of unknown origin.

a8isa1Slides(QD).atr

And my @Gunstar folder and a few unknown origin.

gunSlides.atr

Edited by Roydea6
added new slides atr
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Miki Muster's Zvitorepec, Trdonja and Lakotnik adventures continue...

Through time and space!

Miki Muster is the greatest cartoonist and comic book artist and writer in Slovenia and one of the greatest in Europe.

mmztl05_out.thumb.png.ba5e79aa53c2270b7ea66adeafcf6f28.png

Original picture:

miki_muster_skozi-cas-12.jpg.6a7df3a54a0014ad5bbc2d2361a963f1.jpg

mmztl05.xex

Edited by Gury
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

sheddy_ingrida_elephant.png.7e44bd7e729e510b23e983315f018c0c.png

An elephant by Ingrida

Also attached, a newer version of RastaSlide with some fixes

Surprisingly, Stephen's joke White Album conversion highlighted several edge case issues...

sheddy_ingrida_elephant.xex

RastaSlide a bit less Beta.zip

Edited by Sheddy
Faulty RastaSlide version. Please download again
  • Like 8

It's been a while since I've posted any images, so here are a few that I thought were worth sharing. A couple are from a hike on a recent trip to Las Vegas, a couple from close to home, and one from work.

srn_vegas01.xex

srn_vegas01.png.90a7eb4cfabcb436e2f150fef36f6f60.png

srn_vegas02b.xex

srn_vegas02b.png.4cfcecdc030f12fd9c450b827ee9b3e1.png

srn_vegas03.xex

srn_vegas03.png.0ccbb147da8aef8e735b696674f5c75d.png

srn_vegas03pal.xex

srn_vegas03pal.png.4462bf6d8ef1355cc2f3866d1dbc4f06.png

moss01.2.xex

moss01.2.png.0d935c2868c22790b8db2da0de0cced1.png

icelake01.2.xex

icelake01.2.png.2078a77e04ed5a0abab668076e803364.png