IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

34 minutes ago, zbyti said:

Looks like this shirt is a fake because she is a: happy smiling woman with tattooes and dreadlocks, driving electro scooter on the street :D

https://elements.envato.com/portrait-of-young-styilish-woman-with-electro-scoo-ZP2BK3E

https://elements.envato.com/photos/similar-to-MGQKK2H

Yep, photo-shopped shirt, looking more closely, though they got wrinkles in from the lower half, there is no bulging around her breasts, the picture is flat.

3 hours ago, ivop said:

The shirt is obviously anti-communism. But that's not the point.

Sure, if you think it's OK to make condescending remarks about a woman solely based on her looks because you apparently loath all women that look similar, roll your eyes all you want.

Let's drop this, and enjoy Sheddy's remarkable new conversion!

I agree with your second sentence in the top line, and I agree with your last sentence. But before I drop it, I just want to thank you for making my judging words bold in your reply, I should have thought of that!:thumbsup:

I managed to get a better forehead and a better eye on this conversion. Also, this image supports my  argument that it's not about running a conversion forever, but about adjusting the settings so it doesn't have to run forever. This one took half the evaluations, 400 million. The first one I let run overnight and was over 800 million when I stopped it. This one was as good at 250 million, but I let it run longer in hopes it would get better. It didn't, in fact, some line segments where introduced beyond that.

The Lady. 36 colors.

TheLady.png

TheLady.xex

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gunstar said:

I managed to get a better forehead and a better eye on this conversion. Also, this image supports my  argument that it's not about running a conversion forever, but about adjusting the settings so it doesn't have to run forever. This one took half the evaluations, 400 million. The first one I let run overnight and was over 800 million when I stopped it. This one was as good at 250 million, but I let it run longer in hopes it would get better. It didn't, in fact, some line segments where introduced beyond that.

The Lady. 36 colors.

TheLady.png

TheLady.xex 22.04 kB · 6 downloads

would running it again and cutting it just short of when the segments appear be a good idea? she has a line going across the bridge of her nose from left eye to right eye for instance and it does show... looks great except for that and possibly one other spot.

Edited by _The Doctor__

Here's a full version I put together kinda quickly, using a 16-color input image (which rasta decided to downsample to 14-color for some reason).

Not bad, all things considered, and I'm pretty sure a decent higher-color version could be done. This is basically going to solve up, since the "Norm. Distance" is already close to 1.0.

1216008470_ladyrasta.thumb.png.cdd34370445fa2699716214955ea389d.png

61581439_ladyaltirra.thumb.png.06ad2cb694c3ca2d3a7cde41ab75495e.png

lady output.xex

• Like 1

8 hours ago, _The Doctor__ said:

would running it again and cutting it just short of when the segments appear be a good idea? she has a line going across the bridge of her nose from left eye to right eye for instance and it does show... looks great except for that and possibly one other spot.

If you are talking about the "line" that is more than one scan-line, no, that is in the destination image and it would not change, that is not an error from evaluations. But I could try redoing everything from the beginning to come up with a destination picture that doesn't have it, but I'm really not all that interested in revisiting it. Because faces and skin tones are a pain to start with. I've been having real trouble with the picture of the blonde woman just getting skin tones that aren't totally blotchy looking for the destination picture and still haven't gotten one good enough to run. Rastaconverter just isn't good at skin tones which is why I rarely do faces myself. I only do them for others. I'd rather spend my time doing images that work better with Rasta. In any case, I've moved on and if someone else can manage better, have at it and good luck.

7 minutes ago, MrFish said:

Here's a full version I put together kinda quickly, using a 16-color input image (which rasta decided to downsample to 14-color for some reason).

Not bad, all things considered, and I'm pretty sure a decent higher-color version could be done. This is basically going to solve up, since the "Norm. Distance" is already close to 1.0.

1216008470_ladyrasta.thumb.png.cdd34370445fa2699716214955ea389d.png

61581439_ladyaltirra.thumb.png.06ad2cb694c3ca2d3a7cde41ab75495e.png

lady output.xex 22.08 kB · 1 download

Yep, both of my images I posted were at a normal distance of 1.2xx and not improving, but then, as I said above, getting the destination image good in the first place was a pain in the arse. Even you had to reduce colors drastically, apparently, as you said. I prefer not to change the input images myself and make the best of the original as they are, but that's just my style. And I see in your image that you have the same "bar" going across the nose which is unacceptable to @_The Doctor__.

Edited by Gunstar

2 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

Yep, both of my images I posted were at a normal distance of 1.2xx and not improving, but then, as I said above, getting the destination image good in the first place was a pain in the arse. Even you had to reduce colors drastically, apparently, as you said.

I just chose 16 colors somewhat arbitrarily -- mainly because most decent Graph2Font images I create hover around this value; so I know it's something doable.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MrFish said:

I just chose 16 colors somewhat arbitrarily -- mainly because most decent Graph2Font images I create hover around this value; so I know it's something doable.

Ok, gotcha.

34 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

I prefer not to change the input images myself and make the best of the original as they are, but that's just my style.

OK, so you just use color correction and other settings in Rasta GUI to adjust. I edit all images in Photoshop first, as I have a lot of processing techniques I'm familiar with there (used for Graph2Font images) that can help get to where I'm aiming. I've actually never used Rasta GUI color correction settings, but I do occasionally add some light dithering from within Rasta GUI (Green Acres being an example).

34 minutes ago, Gunstar said:

And I see in your image that you have the same "bar" going across the nose which is unacceptable to @_The Doctor__.

Haha... yeah, I guess so; but I'm pretty sure that will solve up, based on the destination image, and the fact that the processing is still making improvements. I'm still waiting for the left side of her face to improve per the destination. There's also an area under her right eye that should end up looking better. Other than those, it's pretty much done. I should've started it using all 4 cores on my machine; but I was also processing a horizontal version of her, and needed some CPU.

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Philsan said:

@Sheddy Chris, what is the easiest way to add a Rastaconverter image to an existing XEX?

I want the image to load, then when I press space bar, XEX is loaded.

Good question.

Probably, change the Rastaconverter run address to be an ini address instead. Then assuming no source, remove the 1st 2 "ff" header bytes of the XEX file that is to be loaded afterwards and append it to the Rastaconverter XEX. Maybe you don't need to remove the header bytes though. Finding the run address of the Rastaconverter picture without source might be a pain. Can send you a bit more specific if you need.

Kind regards

Chris

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MrFish said:

OK, so you just use color correction and other settings in Rasta GUI to adjust.

Yes. It's worked great for me, for the most part, so far, as most of my posted conversions prove. I haven't seen a lot of pre-processed conversions that top the best of what I've posted. A few, like your conversion of 'Green Acres' is better than mine. And a few as good as my best, but if I can be among the top "conversionists" without pre-processing I don't see why I should change. I forgot until just now, on occasion, I have enhanced color saturation pre-Rasta, but that's rare and that's it.

Edited by Gunstar

24 minutes ago, snicklin said:

* ATARIAGE EUPHANISM ALERT *

Yeah, I knew that was coming... [Edit] I could have said, "I decided to try her horizontally, too". :D

The conversion was working out ok, but the colors per row were slowing things down a bit.

One obvious physical distortion resulting from the rotation was that her chest seemed to be defying gravity; not an undesirable attribute.

Edited by MrFish
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, MrFish said:

Yeah, I knew that was coming... [Edit] I could have said, "I decided to try her horizontally, too". :D

The conversion was working out ok, but the colors per row were slowing things down a bit.

One obvious physical distortion resulting from the rotation was that her chest seemed to be defying gravity; not an undesirable attribute.

I thought about it myself, as well as other female images posted, but the response to previous horizontally processed pictures didn't seem very enthusiastic so I haven't done any more. Good luck though, I enjoy these images myself and look forward to your conversion!

17 hours ago, Gunstar said:

Yes. It's worked great for me, for the most part, so far, as most of my posted conversions prove. I haven't seen a lot of pre-processed conversions that top the best of what I've posted. A few, like your conversion of 'Green Acres' is better than mine. And a few as good as my best, but if I can be among the top "conversionists" without pre-processing I don't see why I should change. I forgot until just now, on occasion, I have enhanced color saturation pre-Rasta, but that's rare and that's it.

Brightness, contrast, and gamma are the things needed most for preprocessing anyway. I'm just more comfortable in Photoshop, and like having the other features available if needed.

I do have some other techniques of preprocessing that I was working on before, where Photoshop is necessary; but I don't really have the time for working with RastaConverter in the way I would like. So, that's why I've done few images (and none of them with the other techniques I'm speaking of). Actually, it's more a matter of when I do have time, I usually put it into Graph2Font images, or working on programming projects. Maybe some day I'll have more time for RastaConverter.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Gunstar said:

I thought about it myself, as well as other female images posted, but the response to previous horizontally processed pictures didn't seem very enthusiastic so I haven't done any more. Good luck though, I enjoy these images myself and look forward to your conversion!

One reason I chose to try this one is because she ends up looking like she's laying down. So, no monitor/screen rotation is really necessary to enjoy it. The only thing that looks "off", really, as I said, is that her tits seem to be defying gravity when displayed that way. Haha...

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, MrFish said:

One reason I chose to try this one is because she ends up looking like she's laying down. So, no monitor/screen rotation is really necessary to enjoy it. The only thing that looks "off", really, as I said, is that her tits seem to be defying gravity when displayed that way. Haha...

So you can see what I'm talking about.

1019391921_lady320horizontal(zoom).thumb.png.87f7959b965de347ac35e928d93e4df8.png

• Like 1

On 2/7/2021 at 5:54 PM, Sheddy said:

Good question.

Probably, change the Rastaconverter run address to be an ini address instead. Then assuming no source, remove the 1st 2 "ff" header bytes of the XEX file that is to be loaded afterwards and append it to the Rastaconverter XEX. Maybe you don't need to remove the header bytes though. Finding the run address of the Rastaconverter picture without source might be a pain. Can send you a bit more specific if you need.

Kind regards

Chris

Run address is right at the end.

E0 02 E1 02 00 58

Change to

E2 02 E3 02 00 58

(Load $5800 into INI address $2E2, $2E3)

Well, that doesn't seem to work. I thought it might be because Rastaconverter trashes DOSVEC, but changing it to use a different zero page still crashes after the picture is done. Must be missing something dumb as RastaSlides are chained together in the XEX in the same way

Edited by Sheddy
  • Like 1

A change to INIT should work - don't trust testing by using "Load Xex" from the emulator menus since that injects the program into a coldstarted machine and there's likely no environment to properly process after the RTS.

I  just tried a pic from Dos with Basic present and even that was able to return in a stable condition (though as you said, likely Dosvec is trashed)

• Like 2

The parrot looks great and yes a different background colour would really make it stand out even more..

I pop in to the thread from time to time just to look at the images, on a dull covid laced day these pics on our fave machines just brighten the day up..Thanks people..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1