IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

• 3 weeks later...
55 minutes ago, Philsan said:

I don't see my house! ?

If I knew the country more, I would have renamed the original with a local name or something, but I just stuck with the name of the original image I pulled from the net which is 'Switzerland.' Sorry the entire nation, and your house, is not in the image!:_( Do you happen to recognize where this is? Maybe the building with a tower is a well known landmark of the area? I'd like to know...

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gunstar said:

Switzerland. 72 colors.

Switzerland.png

Switzerland.xex 21.95 kB · 7 downloads

Where is Heidi ? And Peter the goatherd? Here in mainland Europe the japanese anime television series is extremely well-known, but according to Wikipedia this is not the case in the UK and in the USA:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidi,_Girl_of_the_Alps

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Where is Heidi ? And Peter the goatherd? Here in mainland Europe the japanese anime television series is extremely well-known, but according to Wikipedia this is not the case in the UK and in the USA:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heidi,_Girl_of_the_Alps

I remember that. It was also dubbed in Dutch. Very popular indeed.

• Like 1

One Google image search hit says:

"this famous scene was shot at the tiny train station of Zweisimmen near Gstaad in Switzerland."

EDIT: Sorry, careful reading of the linked website reveals this quote does not apply to that image. But an image search for Zweisimmen does show a church with similar tower, but the roof lines don't obviously match. So, definitely indefinite.

Edited by ClausB
  • Thanks 1

On 3/16/2021 at 3:56 PM, Gunstar said:

Switzerland. 72 colors.

Switzerland.png

Switzerland.xex 21.95 kB · 12 downloads

23 hours ago, Gunstar said:

If I knew the country more, I would have renamed the original with a local name or something, but I just stuck with the name of the original image I pulled from the net which is 'Switzerland.' Sorry the entire nation, and your house, is not in the image!:_( Do you happen to recognize where this is? Maybe the building with a tower is a well known landmark of the area? I'd like to know...

Lauterbrunnen and its church.

view-of-the-lauterbrunnen.thumb.jpg.fb2025f8ed0eec2f92579a1fdce261fa.jpg

It's not a well known place, at least not in every part of Switzerland.

I didn't know Johann Wolfgang von Goethe's poem "Gesang der Geister über den Wassern" ("Song of the Spirits over the Waters") was written while he stayed in Lauterbrunnen.

I didn't know as well that Lauterbrunnen featured in several scenes from the 1969 James Bond film On Her Majesty's Secret Service and in the game Forza Motorsport.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Wikipedia also mentions J.R.R. Tolkien:

"J. R. R. Tolkien hiked from Interlaken to the Lauterbrunnen Valley while on a school trip to the Continent in 1911. The landscape of the valley later provided the concept and pictorial model for his sketches and watercolours of the fictitious valley of Rivendell, the dwelling place of Elrond Half-elven and his people."

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Great show, one of my favorites as is the original movie. Great nostalgia-based modern show that makes me feel better about my age too when I see Johnny and Daniel looking as old as me and still bad-ass actors and characters. Though Martin as Kreese is looking ancient.

Thanks for the image!

Edited by Gunstar

• 3 weeks later...

I spent a couple of weeks attempting to convert an image that I just couldn't get to my liking, and for something easy for a change, I decided to convert this image of Chris Crawford having fun while programming 'Eastern Front: 1941.'

It occurred to me that this image might have already been converted with Rasta, but I couldn't find it in my searches. So I'm sorry if this is a repeat.

Chris Crawford 1941. 9 colors (yes I know there are only 8 shades of B/W-there's one pinkish-purple pixel that invaded;)).

ChrisCrawford1941.png

ChrisCrawford1941.xex

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

On 4/22/2021 at 4:11 AM, Gunstar said:

I spent a couple of weeks attempting to convert an image that I just couldn't get to my liking, and for something easy for a change, I decided to convert this image of Chris Crawford having fun while programming 'Eastern Front: 1941.'

It occurred to me that this image might have already been converted with Rasta, but I couldn't find it in my searches. So I'm sorry if this is a repeat.

Chris Crawford 1941. 9 colors (yes I know there are only 8 shades of B/W-there's one pinkish-purple pixel that invaded;)).

ChrisCrawford1941.png

ChrisCrawford1941.xex 22.11 kB · 9 downloads

Well, of course it is black and white, there was no color TV in 1941 ?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 3/17/2021 at 4:25 PM, Philsan said:

Lauterbrunnen and its church.

view-of-the-lauterbrunnen.thumb.jpg.fb2025f8ed0eec2f92579a1fdce261fa.jpg

It's not a well known place, at least not in every part of Switzerland.

I didn't know Johann Wolfgang von Goethe's poem "Gesang der Geister über den Wassern" ("Song of the Spirits over the Waters") was written while he stayed in Lauterbrunnen.

I didn't know as well that Lauterbrunnen featured in several scenes from the 1969 James Bond film On Her Majesty's Secret Service and in the game Forza Motorsport.

That looks nice…  Skyrim… should visit Schweiz more often…

• Like 3

On 4/22/2021 at 2:00 AM, Schnurrikowski said:

FYI: Chris was posting in this forum some hours ago.

Well then, maybe I should tag @Chris Crawford in an attempt to get him over here to comment on this picture of himself, now immortalized in a Rastaconverter image on the 8-bit he was programming on when the picture was taken.

• Like 1