IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

On 8/21/2021 at 11:30 AM, drpeter said:

Not necessarily....

While idly awaiting the definitive version from @Mauro Rodriguez I decided to run my favourite through Rasta, and this is what popped out:

Monumental Statue

40 colours.

output.png

drpeter_Statue.xex 21.92 kB · 27 downloads

I had an accident on my motorcycle, I ended up with arthrodesia in my foot and my tibia and fibula were broken, I got home 2 weeks and my computer was off, whoever wants to convert the x-rays to rasta, welcome

So many Chichoni works are superior to this

pata.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, Mauro Rodriguez said:

can you upload the version of rasta converter (portable) with the matrix used

Hi,

Sorry, I don't exactly understand which files you are asking for.  Please list.

Maybe reply using messenger, to avoid starting a long conversation in the thread.

A further manifestation of RastaConverter's player repositioning bug

I've recently stumbled across another consequence of the player repositioning bug in RastaConverter- one that seems to occur less commonly, but also is obvious when you think about it.

It's the reverse of the usual situation, the one where RastaConverter assumes a repositioned player will be displayed in its new position on the same line but actually it is not- allowing pixels from COLBAK or a player with lower priority to unintentionally 'show through' instead.

This 'new' type of error can occur when RastaConverter repositions a player after it has already triggered but not yet displayed at its current HPOS (i.e. during the 5-6 colour-clock delay between these 2 events). RastaConverter is not aware the player has already triggered, and that it will now therefore be displayed at its existing 'old' HPOS position regardless. It assumes that the repositioned player will NOT be displayed at its 'old' HPOS, thereby allowing COLBAK or lower priority players to appear, but in fact any such pixels end up obscured by the player displaying at its 'old' position regardless of the repositioning.

@Sheddy will be including this new observation in the annotations of disassembled Rastaconverter .xex files output by Rastaslide (output.png.rp).

In the meantime, I have updated my tutorial on the subject, again.

Tutorial Walkthrough_Ver4.pdf

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, drpeter said:

A further manifestation of RastaConverter's player repositioning bug

I've recently stumbled across another consequence of the player repositioning bug in RastaConverter- one that seems to occur less commonly, but also is obvious when you think about it.

It's the reverse of the usual situation, the one where RastaConverter assumes a repositioned player will be displayed in its new position on the same line but actually it is not- allowing pixels from COLBAK or a player with lower priority to unintentionally 'show through' instead.

This 'new' type of error can occur when RastaConverter repositions a player after it has already triggered but not yet displayed at its current HPOS (i.e. during the 5-6 colour-clock delay between these 2 events). RastaConverter is not aware the player has already triggered, and that it will now therefore be displayed at its existing 'old' HPOS position regardless. It assumes that the repositioned player will NOT be displayed at its 'old' HPOS, thereby allowing COLBAK or lower priority players to appear, but in fact any such pixels end up obscured by the player displaying at its 'old' position regardless of the repositioning.

@Sheddy will be including this new observation in the annotations of disassembled Rastaconverter .xex files output by Rastaslide (output.png.rp).

In the meantime, I have updated my tutorial on the subject, again.

Tutorial Walkthrough_Ver4.pdf 4.53 MB · 5 downloads

Amazing tutorial of the how PM Graphics works , this machine and the amiga with their Display List system are ahead 10 years  of any other machine

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Amber Cruiser. 76 colors.

Not my best, though I'm hardly totally satisfied with most of my conversions, but this is the best of many attempts and my last automobile oriented conversion for a while that I was desperate to get "good enough" to post, because it's my favorite source image amongst the auto-oriented ones of late too. It was the first one I tried to convert and have been working on it all along.

AmberCruiser.png

AmberCruiser.xex

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 12

Hello guys

Could you please add something to the name of these picture, so that it's easier to recognize which ones are RastaConverted picture and which are "ordinary" XEX files?  If you do not want to add your name, maybe you could put "Rasta" or "RastConverted" in the name.  I've downloaded quite a few of your pictures.  Now I want to store them on an SD card, but can't find this without familiar names in the filename.

Thanks!

Sincerely

Mathy

21 minutes ago, Mathy said:

Hello guys

Could you please add something to the name of these picture, so that it's easier to recognize which ones are RastaConverted picture and which are "ordinary" XEX files?  If you do not want to add your name, maybe you could put "Rasta" or "RastConverted" in the name.  I've downloaded quite a few of your pictures.  Now I want to store them on an SD card, but can't find this without familiar names in the filename.

Thanks!

Sincerely

Mathy

I'll start adding an RC to the beginning of mine.

• Like 1