IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

19 minutes ago, Wrathchild said:

We did cover this before and basically if it isn't prefixed then it's Gunstar's ??

For who converted them is pretty common knowledge at this point, I still won't be adding my name to them. But he wants to be able to differentiate Rasta .xex's from all other game and app and demo .xex's. And I can sympathize since I've been trying to organize all my Atari files by partition, directory, file type, alphabetical and if I didn't know all my conversions when I see the file names myself, I'd have a hard time distinguishing myself as I already do just between games and demos and music .xex's

But this is my own fault by not putting downloaded files in their proper folder immediately and instead let them sit in the downloads folder until there are dozens and dozens and then when moving from there I again am too lazy to find the proper sub-directory and folder and just "select all" and move it all and it all ends up in the main directory of the general Atari 8-bit folder that I have to sort into the sub-folders contained within too. And too many duplicates in different directories I have to clean out too, because I forgot I already downloaded something and it was tossed in some odd directory. All just to have organized genre files I can then move onto my flash cards with a different APT partition with SDX for each genre and so on. So I'm trying to get organized and break these bad habits of mine.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I download the files I like in my "Graphics/Rastaconverter" folder (and I add "Gunstar_" to Gunstar's files ?).

I put pixel art images in another folder, "Graphics/PixelArt".

@Mathy, if you want to add a prefix, you can use a PC program like WildRename and rename all the files according to your needs.

• Like 1

Hello Filippo

4 hours ago, Philsan said:

...if you want to add a prefix, you can use a PC program like WildRename and rename all the files according to your needs.

Just like Gunstar, I'm too lazy to rename the files right after I download them.  My Download directory also contains a gazillion files.  If I'd want to rename them, I'd still have to check each and everyone to see if it's a RastaConverted picture or not.  And even then, I'd use a Mac program.

Sincerely

Mathy

23 hours ago, Gunstar said:

Amber Cruiser. 76 colors.

Not my best, though I'm hardly totally satisfied with most of my conversions, but this is the best of many attempts and my last automobile oriented conversion for a while that I was desperate to get "good enough" to post, because it's my favorite source image amongst the auto-oriented ones of late too. It was the first one I tried to convert and have been working on it all along.

AmberCruiser.png

AmberCruiser.xex 22.07 kB · 13 downloads

im tired to see the same car on diferent photoshop background

1 hour ago, Mauro Rodriguez said:

im tired to see the same car on diferent photoshop background

You might have seen this car with different backgrounds by way of Photoshop, but this is the original composition. If this same exact artist painted car has been extracted and used with other backgrounds, it should be easy to spot the false compared to this real one, by the reflection of the ground on the car's door/side.

Edited by Gunstar

1 hour ago, Mauro Rodriguez said:

The conversion its TECHNICALLY almost perfect

But not have SOUL AT ALL (ART)

Please do not try to make this thread a discussion of critical opinion.

It will lead nowhere and discourage posting.

If you don't like it- please keep quiet, move on and post something you like.

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Mauro Rodriguez said:

jaja the reflections are made in photoshop too just took 2 minutes to made it

and there is NO ART at all in all this REPETITIVE IMAGES

The conversion its TECHNICALLY almost perfect

But not have SOUL AT ALL (ART)

I certainly agree with that sentiment, in as much as those who make the photoshop conversions aren't doing art and the conversions are soul-less. It's really no different though than us making Rasta conversions of art for the Atari. And that's part of the reason why I don't attach my name to them.

But the background and foreground auto art was done by some artist and that soul is never lost, you just now have the "composite soul" of two or more artists on display. And this is the first version I've seen, and I like it.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Poison said:

I would like to ask someone if they would convert this picture to xex for me :) Without blue stripes and without graphics errors, iam not able to do that :( It is picture from Xenium party and C64. I like it very much this picture :)

thank you

baf5.297633.png

I'm trying now - this is most likely a better candidate for G2F.  Also keep in mind, we'll be stuck in a lower 160 pixel resolution regardless of G2F or a Rasta converted image, as we can't get the necessary shades of grey in 320.

Well - I guess choosing Grey palette in Rasta convertor doesn't lock the machine to colours 0-15 :(  I'll try again:
test.thumb.png.fe601a79583011902b1429ad8670c5e8.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Poison said:

I would like to ask someone if they would convert this picture to xex for me :) Without blue stripes and without graphics errors, iam not able to do that :( It is picture from Xenium party and C64. I like it very much this picture :)

thank you

baf5.297633.png

G2F 160x240 4 colors:

(the image is cropped so you don't need to scale the pixels)

altirra.thumb.png.fb02b07030996039507364cabcfab680.png

street160.xex

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

I'm trying now - this is most likely a better candidate for G2F.  Also keep in mind, we'll be stuck in a lower 160 pixel resolution regardless of G2F or a Rasta converted image, as we can't get the necessary shades of grey in 320.

Well - I guess choosing Grey palette in Rasta convertor doesn't lock the machine to colours 0-15 :(  I'll try again:
test.thumb.png.fe601a79583011902b1429ad8670c5e8.png

This is better.  Normal distance was down to 7.6, I didn't think letting it run any longer would improve things.

C64Xenium.thumb.png.3e6855044d67585e09848691378e9595.png

Stephen_C64Xenium.xex

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Poison said:

thank you

baf5.297633.png

you dont need rasta convert in C64 images , 1 black , 1 white 2 gray total colour 4 

simple convert in seconds

9 minutes ago, drpeter said:

I note this is a 320x293 pixel image.  I think that's more scanlines than PAL can display, even with zero vertical overscan! (288 per frame, the remaining 'inactive scanlines' occur during vertical blank)...  How is this image displayed on the C64, I wonder?

perhaps it's got its own viewer with scrolling ?

What I did for my conversion, was trim off the blue borders.  This left me with a 320 * 296 line or something image.  I then resized to 240 scanlines (keeping aspect ratio).  I then expanded the canvas to 320, so I had a centered, 320*240 image.  This way I did not have to crop or lose any of the picture.