IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

1 hour ago, Beeblebrox said:

Lake Baikal/Max depth
1,642m

That's the main consideration when compared to other large freshwater lakes.

Three of the great lakes each have much greater surface area than Baikal. So the great lakes are far larger in total from this perspective.

In terms of total water volume, the great lakes aren't too far behind at 22,520 km3. Baikal is 23,615 km3.

Baikal is just amazingly deep (although its average depth is less than half of the figure above). Lake Superior has a max depth 406 m (1,333 ft), and Lake Erie is the shallowest at 64 m (210 ft) max depth.

[Note: These are all Wikipedia figures...]

Edited by MrFish
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, 800XLNZ said:

Hope there is a digital archive for all the pictures attached to this AtariAge topic; don't want them to vanish like freshwater lakes

Sometime back, I posted a ZIP archive of everything that has been posted.  I've not updated it in a while.  If anyone has suggestions of where to archive this (offsite), I'll gladly update the archive and re-post it.

6 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Sometime back, I posted a ZIP archive of everything that has been posted.  I've not updated it in a while.  If anyone has suggestions of where to archive this (offsite), I'll gladly update the archive and re-post it.

Perhaps github?

On 9/30/2021 at 8:11 PM, MrFish said:

In terms of total water volume, the great lakes aren't too far behind at 22,520 km3. Baikal is 23,615 km3.

Whereas all the lakes of the English Lake District combined contain only 1.4 kmof water and the largest (by area and volume), Windermere, would need to be emptied more than 75,000 times to fill Lake Baikal...

Edited by drpeter
  • Like 1

Hello guys

5 hours ago, ivop said:

Why? Mediawho?

IMHO separate files in a github repo, in sub-directories for each person, uncompressed, is way more useful, but YMMV.

Yes, would be nice if they could be accessed on the Atari via Fujinet directly.

Sincerely

Mathy

• Like 2

6 hours ago, ivop said:

Why? Mediawho?

IMHO separate files in a github repo, in sub-directories for each person, uncompressed, is way more useful, but YMMV.

I've saved every file in the thread with original filename.  I'll see what I can do about getting a git repo setup sometime soon.  The set is 40MB, or 22.2MB compressed with 7Zip.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

On 10/3/2021 at 2:42 PM, Mauro Rodriguez said:

South Patagonia Landscape View

Bariloche Argentina (The Little Switzerland)

Bariloche.jpg

Bariloche - Argentina Drome Vew.xex 22.09 kB · 7 downloads

As written in first post and asked you on September 11th, could you please follow these rules?

Post the converted Atari image (output.png file from the RastaConverter folder or emulator's screenshot cropped to 320 pixels) and Atari .xex file (filename format: "Author's name_imagename").

Everyone could see the results of your conversions (even on smartphones) without running the emulator and it would be easier to archive files orderly.

In this case, for example,

MauroRodriguez_Bariloche.png.a8b7c19a463dea221f0ef0271dbe5724.png

MauroRodriguez_Bariloche.xex, Rodriguez_Bariloche.xex ...

• Like 6

9 hours ago, Philsan said:

Post the converted Atari image (cropped to 320 pixels would be perfect)

You can just post output.png from the RastaConverter folder when the conversion is finished, which shows the conversion as RastaConverter thinks it should appear on the Atari- no cropping or processing required.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, drpeter said:

You can just post output.png from the RastaConverter folder when the conversion is finished, which shows the conversion as RastaConverter thinks it should appear on the Atari- no cropping or processing required.

That's not a fair representation of the final output though - it's a best case perfect rendition, which will always look amazing.

On 10/3/2021 at 4:05 AM, Stephen said:

ZIP archive would be nice,

Cheers, Chris

• 2 weeks later...