IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

On 11/7/2021 at 4:27 PM, Beeblebrox said:
On 11/7/2021 at 3:43 PM, GravityWorm said:

Ah the artefact is a very well known issue to do with the player repositioning bug. They can be individually manually stripped from the output XEX. @drpeter has kindly done this for me a few times and had created a tutorial mentioned here.

I did read it about 3 weeks ago, but did not try to do a manual fix. Maybe someday I'll; try....

Okay, as mentioned back in post #3573 last week I've loadsa previously unposted rastaconverted images from back in the Spring and Summer I am revisiting/resuming. (Again as with most of us we are uber self critical of the majority of our own conversions and a lot we dismiss first time around. Looking back of some of those I'd done and discounted at the time I realise they ain't so bad. So I am gonna start posting some of them.

Some I am also resuming the conversion for, as I save all the files for each just in case I want to start running them again.

So here is the first. :thumbsup:

Filename: Beeblebrox_hulkrage1smincomplete8.xex

49 unique colours.

I ran this till 1.05bill evals.

Lil tip - don't criticise it..  it makes me angry... you wouldn't like me when I am angry!;);):D

(Lil Hulk line there... just in case you thought I was being an Ar$e ...heh heh!!:lolblue:)

Beeblebrox_hulkrage1smincomplete8.thumb.jpg.6653f55beff31375422f4e2049150d3c.jpg

Beeblebrox_hulkrage1smincomplete8.xex

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, Beeblebrox said:

Hey just wanted to show you how great the Tut mask image looks running on my 800 (PAL) and LG LCD Tv monitor, (double sheilded S-video cable from Hercules workshop btw). Gold colours look great. You really nailed that one! 

Nice! It works on a 1979 hardware! You need to get an CRT monitor! :)
Those colors are made up by me in 100% :D First I turned that photo to grayscale and then I added the colors. :D Manual work, a lot of. :) 

Edited by GravityWorm
I corrected spelling
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, GravityWorm said:

Nice! It works on a 1979 hardware! You need to get an CRT monitor! :)
Those colors are made up by me in 100% :D First I turned that photo to grayscale and then I added the colors. :D Manual work, a lot of. :) 

@GravityWorm that's great - it's really paid off! :D  

I am more than happy with this particular LCD. I would like to buy a CRT in some respects - had a Philips 15" back in the day. However aside cost I have absolutely zero room for one on the desk. :D

Another one from back in the summer. Was never quite happy with it at the time and kept on running it.

Ran to 1.79bill evaluations in the end. Dug it out today and resumed it from when I last ran it for a good few hours. I think this is as good as this particular run is gonna get. Some detail missing lower left of middle image which annoyed me. I also should have probably ramped up the contrast, saturation and possibly gamma for the original source image more than I did. 

Might revisit it at some stage and start again, probably with more solutions and also the Atari800winplus pallette rather than the Altirra one. Reds aren't as intense as I'd hoped.

(This also had some jarvis dithering which I guess I thought might help at the time).

Filename: Beeblebrox_Crysissmincomplete13.xex

52 unique colours

Beeblebrox_Crysissmincomplete13.thumb.jpg.3596b38696d1c7d23c7b2bfc1147f24e.jpg

Beeblebrox_Crysissmincomplete13.xex

For the record here was the conversion so you can see the source, some of the conversion details, etc:

1486032424_CrysiscompareRC.thumb.JPG.a1e1323088721024b4490e64a393076a.JPG

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 2

One from back in May. Had high hopes for this one and had held back posting as had imperfections I wasn't happy with at the time. (Mainly across her back and trailing arm, and square shading I was trying to process out on her jaw line. (Damn I really wanted to get rid of that right angle shade!!)). ;) 

Worth posting now as still quite a nice conversion. Skins tones not too bad and quite a nice colour contrast with the blonde hair against the blue background.

Altirra pallete, Yuv colour dist, no dithering, 8192 solutions. (Would run it with Atari800winplus pallette and much higher solutions if I ran this again, prob with some more pre-processing of the source image beforehand).

1.17 billion evaluations

69 unique colours

Filename: Beeblebrox_blondechainsmincomplete19.xex

Beeblebrox_blondechainsmincomplete19.thumb.jpg.f4d617d54ac5a6b45cd6e22daf453367.jpg

Beeblebrox_blondechainsmincomplete19.xex

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 3

Another from May. This one has really annoying brown horizontal banding in the lower background, and her arms have some chunky shading I never could get rid of on this run. Some imperfections on the face.Thankfully being an Evil Dead character her blood soaked clothes actually detract from some of the imperfections.:D

Altirra pallette, Yuv colour dist, 10000 solutions, no dithering

1.3 billion evaluations

32 unique colours

Filename: Beeblebrox_Evildeadladyeditsm2ndincomplete5.xex

Beeblebrox_Evildeadladyeditsm2ndincomplete5.thumb.jpg.6a40f736b322baf9d5bb6970b9a8f8af.jpg

Beeblebrox_Evildeadladyeditsm2ndincomplete5.xex

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 1

Yet another from May that's just been sitting in a folder. Try as I might the lines along the top of the sunglass frames and in the lens just never worked their way out which is why I dismissed it initially. I was hoping the blacks were going to come through to replace the dark greens to the left of the image too. Various other issues with it that weren't going to resolve meant I left it at this stage. Plus the norm dist number just didn't budge after a while.

I kinda like the greens against the blues of the lenses. The reflection in the lower lens is supposed to be a palm tree btw.

Altirra pallette, Yuv colour dist, 10000 solutions, no dithering

676 million evaluations

59 unique colours

Filename: Beeblebrox_sunglasses2smincomeplete4.xex

Beeblebrox_sunglasses2smincomeplete4.thumb.jpg.f4ddeb1262d3edb5856fb741f08d7883.jpg

Beeblebrox_sunglasses2smincomeplete4.xex

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 2

I so wanted this one to work back in the Spring. Mainly because it's an iconic image but also real skin tones are a particular challenge to convert. It was my 2nd run attempt at it. I realised given the resolution we are limited too and the fact I'd not cropped it tightly, her face was never gonna look too great. I also didn't want a source image that was too cropped as I wanted to get as much of the body in frame as possible. In the end I compromised to get a balance.

Frustrating banding issues with the arms and issues with the stomach area. Dodgy eyes too heh heh. ;)

I also only had 8000 solutions and after a while it wasn't going anywhere, hence why I stopped fairly early on. May well revisit this one again sometime starting from scratch.

General colours and skin tone not too bad though, plus her hair kinda worked out ok.

Really needed the power of the force on this one heh heh.;)

Altirra pallette, Yuv colour distance, no dithering, 8000 solutions.

267 million evaluations

41 unique colours

Filename: Beeblebrox_princessleiasm2ndincomplete3.xex

Beeblebrox_princessleiasm2ndincomplete3.thumb.jpg.41a9caaaf2ad34bed253ef9ea29fad58.jpg

Beeblebrox_princessleiasm2ndincomplete3.xex

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 2

For fans of the Witcher, this really early conversion is one from April when I was just starting out with Rastaconverter, and is a lesson in what happens when you are too heavy with the contrast. I really cranked it up in the proprocessing of the source image and then again too much in RC itself. 

So it ain't perfect, especally the details lost in the darker areas and the eyes, so it looks fairly odd around the right side of the face. It is also not framed at all well as an image, (I think I was trying to get as much of the sword in the frame)! Also only 2048 solutions was used.

Still it does have some redeeming features. I quite like how the skin tones turned out, shading has worked fairly well and tones in the beard and hair are quite effective.

Altirra, Yuv colour distance, no dithering, 2048 solutions

317 million evaluations

39 unique colours

Filename: Beeblebrox_Geralstatuscrop1smincomplete4.xex

Beeblebrox_Geralstatuscrop1smincomplete4.thumb.jpg.84b751354c73c10ab71030704296e78f.jpg

Beeblebrox_Geralstatuscrop1smincomplete4.xex

And yes the name is a typo - was supposed to be Geralt. :grin:

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, GravityWorm said:

@Beeblebrox Nice! Awesome chainmail and sword, but the face has a little to much contrast for my taste. On a CRT could be better.  I'm planing to use my emulator (Atari800) with an CRT TV, when I get some furniture replaced. :)

@GravityWorm sure - I agree re contrast - read my post notes again for it. ;)