IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

@GravityWorm  yup all of these images I am currently posting are essentially ones I did in the Spring and Summer which at the time I wasn't happy to post on the thread as each had some issue, or generally I was being too picky. I've since revisited them and realised some aren't too bad and for one reason or another decided to post them. I usually highlight any imperfections when I post each one as you can see. They nearly always have some redeeming features. :grin:

Edited by Beeblebrox

Another from July this year which I ran on and off lots of times and then forgot about until now. This one was a loooong run. In fact I ran it again for another 8hrs today.

Quite fitting as this one is in keeping with the gold theme of recent posts. :D

Gal Gadot as Wonderwoman, (Gal Gadot being IMHO one of the most beautiful women on the planet) :lust:

The hair isn't great with lots of issues and there are imperfections and minor banding throughout. Face is quite washed out.

However I love the gold and some of the definition/ridges in the metal armour has come out well.

(I may try and re-run this from scratch with a tweaked source file, atari800winplus pallette and a few other setting changes in future.)

Altirra pallette, Yuv colour dist, 10000 solutions, no dithering.

2.36 billion evaluations

24 unique colours

Filename: Beeblebrox_wonderwomangoldcropsmincomplete8.xex

Beeblebrox_wonderwomangoldcropsmincomplete8.thumb.jpg.874977982a15d220ce8d0f426ba3f6e9.jpg

Beeblebrox_wonderwomangoldcropsmincomplete8.xex

Here is the live conversion snapshot so you can see the details, source image,etc:

image.thumb.png.19e6f0b31262a71cbdf79070f2eeab09.png

• Like 3

Another May conversion which ran for ages - I think it was one of the first I did and which I'd run for such a long time. I was trying to work the banding out of the image and also get the mouth to define during the process and it never did. Quiet a few banding issues especially on the neck, ear and lower parts of the hair annoyingly.

Nice blues and greens and skin tones, and a good amount of colours though. I really like the detail in the hair in places and her eye. I only had 5000 solutions set which was probably half the issue.

A character for the anime Sword art online.

Altirra pallette, Yuv colour dist, 5000 solutions, mild jarvis dithering.

2.9 billion evaluations

71 unique colours

Filename: Beeblebrox_SAObluegirlincomplete12xex

Beeblebrox_SAObluegirlincomplete12.thumb.jpg.8ed40288cc43e02054c9363661634901.jpg

Beeblebrox_SAObluegirlincomplete12.xex

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Stephen said:

I will borrow the wife's nice digital camera, as my phone is utterly useless - I've tried multiple times.

@Stephen  that would be great.:thumbsup:

FYI there was some advice a couple of weeks ago on this thread post here about taking pics of CRT screens which you prob read but just in case not, it might help.:D

Edited by Beeblebrox

30 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

@Stephen  that would be great.:thumbsup:

FYI there was some advice a couple of weeks ago on this thread post here about taking pics of CRT screens which you prob read but just in case not, it might help.:D

Definitely - this is why I need to use her proper digital camera.  The camera in my phone is shit and not really adjustable.  I'll make sure to get some images posted.  I'm re-arranging some stuff in my office, I figure it will look better on the 20" screen rather than the little 8".  I can also better control reflections from the CRT in that room.

• Thanks 2

This one I ran a long time on and off throughout spring and summer and it never quite worked out. But I loved the colours in it. Lots of issues, big banding problems, line errors, plus in hindsight I shouldn't have used dithering in this one, it's not helped on the skin tones. Think I was being too ambitious overall. (Not the first time that's been the case in the early days:grin:) I really wasn't gonna post this one up because of all of this - but I spent so long on it, seems a shame to just have it sitting in a folder.

Gamora from Guardians of the Galaxy

Altirra pallette, Ceide colour dist, 10000 solutions

1.33 billion evaluations

77 unique colours

Filename: Beeblebrox_Gamora2smincomplete34.xex

Beeblebrox_Gamora2smincomplete34.thumb.jpg.d13c211d07bb3359ffb3bb7c1acb3932.jpg

Beeblebrox_Gamora2smincomplete34.xex

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 3

I am a big fan of the PC game No Man's Sky. I loved this particular poster image and had a go at converting it earlier this year. Turned out nicely and believe it or not the poster colours were pretty much translated. Just a few errors and the space ship definition didn't quite stand out as much as I'd like. I was going to resume this to see if I could push it some more, but decided to stop here.

Altirra Pallette, yuv colour distance, 10000 solutions, no dithering

214 million evaluations,

71 unique colours

Filename: Beeblebrox_NMSwallpapersmincomplete6.xex

Beeblebrox_NMSwallpapersmincomplete6.jpg

Beeblebrox_NMSwallpapersmincomplete6.xex

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, Stephen said:

Damn these look good on CRT!

That is my goal. When I make images, that I post here, I imagine how they wold look on a an real Atari with an CRT screen.
I never had an real 8 bit Atari so I started to getting heavily interested in 8 bit Atari few years, when I watched some YT video showing that even now people develop new ways to unlock potential of those machines.

Edited by GravityWorm
some words added to make sentences more understandable
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, GravityWorm said:

That is my goal. When I make images, that I post here, I imagine how they wold look on a an real Atari with an CRT screen.
I never had an real 8 bit Atari so I started to getting heavily interested in 8 bit Atari few years, when I watched some YT video showing that even now people develop new ways to unlock potential of those machines.

@GravityWorm ah so are you planning on getting an A8 and a CRT then? Emulators like Altirra are amazing but owning the real thing - nothing quite like it! I've gone a lil overboard and have quite a few A8s now but I grew up with them. Fav is the 800XL but I love the XE design and recently the 600XL and 800.;)

Edited by Beeblebrox

This one was just a bit of fun, what with me being a big Simpsons fan. Ran on and off since spring in the hope the imperfections would work their way out. A few banding errors and not perfect. Should have started with higher solutions. Still, I like it.

Altirra, Yuv colour dist, 8192 solutions, no dithering

1.01 billions evaluations

64 unique colours

Filename: Beeblebrox_simpsonsmoebarincomplete8.xex

Beeblebrox_simpsonsmoebarincomplete8.thumb.jpg.be9bdce28eb330cb07c778aa2f3c3799.jpg

Beeblebrox_simpsonsmoebarincomplete8.xex

• Like 3

Colours 42, evals 42, time running 42mins, attempts at getting it right 42, number of hairs left on head 42!............ok, kidding  (fans of HHGTTG will get this one;)).

Atari800winplus pallette, ceide colour dist, 612 solutions, no dithering

33 millions evaluations

61 unique colours

Filename: Beeblebrox_Babelfishsmincomplete2.xex

Beeblebrox_Babelfishsmincomplete2.thumb.jpg.b44cdf53c24d6215fff262465d49c38e.jpg

Beeblebrox_Babelfishsmincomplete2.xex

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

RC generates a kernal that does the colour changes - a fair bit of it is consecutive NOPs so it's not real big on efficiency re saving memory.

Possibly some saving could be had by changing some of them to instructions that use less memory but have the same delay effect.

The remainder aside from the screen data, I'd guess probably not much.  Unsure if the display list is hardcoded or programatically generated but that's a few hundred bytes at most.

15 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

This one was just a bit of fun, what with me being a big Simpsons fan. Ran on and off since spring in the hope the imperfections would work their way out. A few banding errors and not perfect. Should have started with higher solutions. Still, I like it.

Altirra, Yuv colour dist, 8192 solutions, no dithering

1.01 billions evaluations

64 unique colours

Filename: Beeblebrox_simpsonsmoebarincomplete8.xex

Beeblebrox_simpsonsmoebarincomplete8.thumb.jpg.be9bdce28eb330cb07c778aa2f3c3799.jpg

Beeblebrox_simpsonsmoebarincomplete8.xex 22.14 kB · 3 downloads

What made you decide to pick 8192 resolutions? I ask because that is what I consider my "sweet spot" number of evals and the number I've used on every image I've converted for about the past 3 years! Also, it just so happens that 42 (pick exactly because it from HHGTTG) for the first couple dozen pictures I ever converted, before I realized how important more evaluations were hell, the default is set at one, so I thought 42 was pretty high at the time and hoped it would bring me luck. They weren't too bad of images though!

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1

Just now, Gunstar said:

What made you decide to pick 8192 resolutions? I ask because that is what I consider my "sweet spot" number of evals and the number I've used on every image I've converted for about the past 3 years!

@Gunstar  Yup it was reading your posts back in the spring/summer which is where I initially probably got that number for at the time. :grin:  Hey, so you got any juicy images cooking for us? :) Always look forward to your image posts.:lust:

• Like 1