IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

46 minutes ago, CharlieChaplin said:

Looks like Midge Ure to me -

in the 80s, when he still had some hair.  ;-)

"Dancing with tears in my eyes"

I found a picture of Midge Ure where I could see what you were saying, but I think it may have been a chance match between two pictures.  Brian Clough was an outspoken, clever and funny football manager who took Nottingham Forest to win the European cup twice at the end of the 70s. A very unique character.

• Like 1

Ever since the early point and click adventures, the fantastic and beautiful world's of MYST and subsequent 3D gaming worlds, I've been facinated by the journey adventure games can take the player on. 

The combination of clever and well crafted gaming elements, puzzles and immersive storytelling combined with complimentary visuals and audio would see me lose days in front of a screen BITD.

One of my all time favourite worlds to explore is that of Skyrim. (I've lost myself in Skyrim VR to the beauty of the game many a time).

So I thought I'd combine my passion of Skyrim visuals, the Atari 8-Bit and Rastaconverter.

I really enjoyed working on and converting these images of this magical world. :lust:

Enjoy the attached video of a slideshow of my many recent Skyrim Rasta conversions accompanied by a gorgeous track from the game itself.

The XEX slideshow (called Final Distant Lands Beeblebrox slides_3_5_22.xex), and also zipped conversions of the separate XEX images attached also, (all PAL image conversions as usual).

Obviously the Slideshow XEX itself will only run on upgraded machines given the 256k size of the file. (Feel free to split the slideshow up using Sheddy's tools or compile smaller ones from the files I've attached should you want to run it on stock A8s - or just watch the video :))

TIP: If viewing the separate XEX images and the slideshow XEX in Altirra I highly recommend having the PAL high artifacting enabled.

If viewing on real A8 hardware then running on a CRT looks great.

Thanks to @ilmenit for Rastaconverter

Thanks to @Sheddy for his amazing Rastaslide and all the tools.  (All image conversions were run through the HPOS line error fix tool to correct errors where possible - as well as the centering tool, (as all images are 320*200)).

As a teaser I'll post the one image from the 28 in the slideshow/video ;)

image.thumb.png.e8cb8a44537f150cc4110cbb62f951f8.png

Enjoy.:D

Beeblebrox Distant lands Slide images 3_5_22.zip Final Distant Lands Beeblebrox slides_3_5_22.xex

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 4

To the point of OCD in some cases.. :)  Its all good :)

For people who like me like to explore mental health problems, there's a great Marvel show called Moon Knight just coming to an end, unlike most superhero things, this focuses on the DID that the hero(s) have, and it goes to very detailed looks at multiple personality disorder and other such things. Great acting from Oscar Issac too... Real thinkers TV..

Edited by Mclaneinc

1 minute ago, Mclaneinc said:

To the point of OCD in some cases.. :)  Its all good :)

For people who like me like to explore mental health problems, there's a great Marvel show called Moon Knight just coming to an end, unlike most superhero things, this focuses on the DID that the hero(s) have, and it goes to very detailed looks at multiple personality disorder and other such things. Great acting from Oscar Issac too... Real thinkers TV..

@Mclaneinc  Defo OCD!

Yeah, I've been following the reviews of Moon Knight, (as don't have a Disney+ subscription so can't watch it). I picked up on a review which outlined that unusual take on a superhero which is quite refreshing given the usual predicable and superficial superhero plotlines. Yup heard Oscar Issac's performance was well received.

I am a bit of a fan of the likes of The Boys, which realy turns the Sup genre on it's head, and quite liked the Jessica Jones series. I absolutely love the DOOM patrol series.:D

Not trying to derail the thread but yes, can't wait for the next season of the Boys, an upgraded Billy goes right against his hate of Supes. Jessica Jone's etc was ok (started well) but you either have a big FX budget or complex story lines, I found The Defenders and Luke Cage had that problem where they tried to mix both. Doom Patrol I've not really watched (saw one) but I wasn't a comic fan of them. All I can say re Moon Knight is torrents...

To bring the thread back on line, perhaps your love of The Boys etc could be inspirations for some renders :)

Some exploded heads, nice range of colours there :)

Edited by Mclaneinc

12 minutes ago, Mclaneinc said:

Not trying to derail the thread but yes, can't wait for the next season of the Boys, an upgraded Billy goes right against his hate of Supes. Jessica Jone's etc was ok (started well) but you either have a big FX budget or complex story lines, I found The Defenders and Luke Cage had that problem where they tried to mix both. Doom Patrol I've not really watched (saw one) but I wasn't a comic fan of them. All I can say re Moon Knight is torrents...

To bring the thread back on line, perhaps your love of The Boys etc could be inspirations for some renders :)

Some exploded heads, nice range of colours there :)

@Mclaneinc  I agree re Defenders and Luke Cage. Doom patrol is defintely worth a watch some more......some great characters and bizzare plot lines.

I'll have a think re the Boys. Might pick an image that is less likely to cause projectile vommiting on the forum heh heh!:lol:;)

1 hour ago, amarok said:

Beautiful conversion.  I am looking at it now on my PVM-8040, damn near looks like a Polaroid photo.  I'll try to get a picture for you, but I have a terrible time trying to get decent shots from CRT.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

GravityWorm_QFG01.xex is not only the most colorful out of my images posted her but also up voted image here...
Interesting. I'm not proud. I almost deleted it. I worked on in so long. I started several times from scratch...
I only posted it because I do not have time and post old unfinished photos recently...
Interesting that U like it so much!
Also... can someone make a slide show out of my images and make it an Atari 8Bit executable?

@DragonGrafx-16  if it's dragons ya after - taken from my early May's Skyrim slideshow above  - the moon dragon:

image.thumb.png.8630e1dce1209a8511972afc7cb8921f.png

SkyrimMoondragonsm1_01_FIXED_CENTERED.xex

35 colours

AND there have been some amazing Dragon conversions over the years on this thread btw if you haven't seen them before. Just do a word search in the search box for this particular thread for Dragons and you'll find quite a few. Gunstar converted quite a few very good ones in 2017. (Few such favs here, and here (SandDragon))

And of course Rastaconverter's own creator Ilmenit's own conversions which is one of my fav's and which I'm sure he won't mind me posting again as I can't find the original post:

image.thumb.png.900c3c0c43881aea092141022b8b0827.png

ilmenit_dragon.xex

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Like 3

RastaSlide - Slideshow Maker

Changes in version 3.3
- slides with no name causing assembly errors fixed
- extract pictures from slideshow with duplicate or no name slides no longer overwrite

thanks to @Beeblebrox for reporting the problem where no name is wanted for a slide

and for suggesting some new features. Some might be too complex but will try incorporating others.

RastaSlide 3.3.zip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1