IGNORED

Images generated by RastaConverter

Philsan

14 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

just perused the web and there's quite range of brightness, contrast and detail difference just among what is posted in the wild. It's the way of the web. :)

True. It's not always easy to find the "right" source material and to know how it should look when it would've been properly scanned.

There's another one I'm struggling with: The Beatles - Abbey Road. Try to find an image where the zebra crossing is not yellow-ish :) And the photo has a lot of grain, too.

Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon. Has been done, I know. Also by me, but they all have line artifacts. Source images mostly suck. I'm considering redrawing it in Inkscape :D

Edit: Just tried Technique with less contrast. It looks bland IMHO.

Edited by ivop
  • Like 1

I could try a 4:3 cut-out. Or do you want the whole 1:1 album?

Edit: this is an album cover just as deceptive as Nevermind. It looks easy1, but it's pretty hard. All sorts of shades are "hidden" in the blue sky, in the clouds and parts of the dobro. And I just now realized there's a big dent at the left side and below that the top is warped. Never noticed that before, and I've seen this album a lot in the past :)

1 Well, except for the strings and frets. Frets will be visible, strings not so much. They are smaller than an Atari 8-bit pixel :)

Edited by ivop

Here's some album covers I did a long time ago (I hate to be a jerk but I must say the forum search really sucks.  Spent 10 minutes until I gave up, did a google search, and 3 seconds later, had them. ? I mean come on - can't even search the EXACT name of the attachment in the search this topic?!?)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ivop said:

Any more requests? I'll gladly take a few, but I can't guarantee it'll work out

Please take in consideration:

Violator by Depeche Mode

Screamadelica by Primal Scream

Future shock by Herbie Hancock

Disco by Pet Shop Boys

Remain in light by Talking Heads

Kind regards,

Luis.

Thanks for the suggestions! First three seem possible. Disco and Remain in the Light are of the kind that are difficult to find decent source material of. Just google image search for them. Which one is the right hue, luminescence, gamma, et cetera....

But no more album covers tonight. I wasted all my time on Brothers In Arms and the end result still sucks :D

Edit: Violater could be problematic, too, because of all the red :(

Edited by ivop

4 hours ago, Stephen said:

Spent 10 minutes until I gave up, did a google search, and 3 seconds later, had them. ? I mean come on - can't even search the EXACT name of the attachment in the search this topic?!?)

I agree 100%

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, ivop said:

Couldn't resist.

Depeche Mode - Violator

13 colors

ivop_violator.png.17cdf2a0cbb5d164cc61ba140b43b15d.png

ivop_violator.xex 21.99 kB · 1 download

That looks VERY similar to Concrete Blonde's Bloodletting album.  I just bought their entire collection reprinted on vinyl.  Bit pissed off about the poor quality pressings, but that's not for this thread.

Violator cover looks pretty good to me...did you crop Screamadelica? The artist and album name are missing. Anyway, it looks pretty good to me also ?

Thanks for your work on these.

Regards,

Luis.

10 hours ago, lbaeza said:

did you crop Screamadelica? The artist and album name are missing. Anyway, it looks pretty good to me also ?

I did not crop it myself, but now that I regoogle the image, I see, further down the page, also versions with album and artist name. First hits didn't have them though, and I didn't pay enough attention.