IGNORED

BLACKOUT! RELEASED NOW!

Jag_Slave

There is only one problem I can see with marking a lower-than-actual value on the customs form... it might reduce the amount of compensation you can claim back if the game gets lost/damaged in transit.

No it should'nt because it was on eBay and by paying with Paypal and auction was covered by eBay Buyer Protection so in case the parcel get lost you will have to fill a claim on Paypal for the value you paid and not the value written on the parcel.

Edited by Felyx

No it should'nt because it was on eBay and by paying with Paypal and auction was covered by eBay Buyer Protection so in case the parcel get lost you will have to fill a claim on Paypal for the value you paid and not the value written on the parcel.

That's covered from the buyer's POV against the seller.. but where does the seller recover his money when something goes wrong? Postal insurance! The postal receipt should have the same values as those on the package. That might be fine is the seller knows and trusts the buyer, and the buyer understands the risks if anything goes missing/gets damaged etc... but through eBay with the possibility of just anyone buying the game it's not going to be worth it to a seller to risk it.

• Like 3

@rush6432:Are you going to provide tracking numbers, where applicable?

Hey guys, im prepping the packages to ship out now (labeling and payment to USPS) i should have these out this afternoon at the latest.

Isgoed: I will make sure to mark it as a gift and value low for you to avoid fees/taxes :)

Infact i will probably do so for all that do require the value to be claimed along with having a gift option to help any out

Edited by jaguar_fan

I don't know if eventually the seller has to refund: Paypal is offering the insurance to the buyer and I believe they refund the buyer without asking the seller to refund. In France most of the sellers are writing on eBay auction that they are not responsible in case the parcel get lost ie buyers have to take an insurance if they want a refund. Paypal is offering them that insurance. If it works like that it is not against sellers interest.

Edited by Felyx

eBay bought paypal years ago, and as far as I know, paypal will never reach into their own pockets to compensate anyone for anything. I could be wrong though, I'd like to be wrong, but afaik the only money buyers can have back comes from the sellers.

• Like 2

Hey guys, im prepping the packages to ship out now (labeling and payment to USPS) i should have these out this afternoon at the latest.

Isgoed: I will make sure to mark it as a gift and value low for you to avoid fees/taxes :)

Infact i will probably do so for all that do require the value to be claimed along with having a gift option to help any out

All items have been shipped!

Yes, if tracking numbers are desired i can provide these, however i will note that if the order is not going to another location within the united states the tracking stops updating once it leaves the united states.

Anyone within the USA should get them fairly quick since it is priority mail. With the last run of cartriges i know we saw up to atleat 3 weeks before some in germany received their copies. I i assume this will be the same for any orders from the UK/France/Spain/Netherlands/Japan

Edited by rush6432

All items have been shipped!

Yes, if tracking numbers are desired i can provide these, however i will note that if the order is not going to another location within the united states the tracking stops updating once it leaves the united states.

Anyone within the USA should get them fairly quick since it is priority mail. With the last run of cartriges i know we saw up to atleat 3 weeks before some in germany received their copies. I i assume this will be the same for any orders from the UK/France/Spain/Netherlands/Japan

Thanks. Yes, I would like to get the tracking number since the package has been shipped to my address in California, while I am in Germany right now.

I am going to email you using the email address provided by paypal.

Would that be OK or do you prefer a personal message?

Received the game today, which is mega quick!

The game runs flawless, in PAL and NTSC mode.

I like it thus far, the music is catchy and the artwork is very nice

The presentation is good and sets the right mood before the game even begins, oh.. and the pause messages are funny :)

I can't figure out the use/advantage of the continue feature though.

Otherwise, a great little game and I am happy that I bought it from you, SWI team.

• Like 1

Received the game today, which is mega quick!

The game runs flawless, in PAL and NTSC mode.

I like it thus far, the music is catchy and the artwork is very nice

The presentation is good and sets the right mood before the game even begins, oh.. and the pause messages are funny :)

I can't figure out the use/advantage of the continue feature though.

Otherwise, a great little game and I am happy that I bought it from you, SWI team.

So happy to hear that from you Isgoed :)

The continues are really meant for folks who cant quite beat the puzzles (I know I mess up here and there). For example- if you made it all the way to stage three, level 5- and you fail, you will start at stage 3, level 1 instead of being tossed all the way back at stage 1.

So while the continues wont give you an immediate start from where you left off, it does keep you from being able to just whip through the whole game (if you haven't done so already).

There are a bunch of silly messages when you hit pause ;) Glad you like the game!

Edited by Jag_Slave

My game arrive too but I did not have a chance to try it. It arrived indeed very fast. Thank you very much!

Declaring a low value did the trick and it was not held by customs. For The Netherlands the limit is a value of €22.

Last time I got some books from Amazon from the US it took 7 weeks to arrive because customs was so slow. And then I had to pay import tax of around €8 plus €12.50 administration costs which is ridiculous high compared to the tax I had to pay. The bad thing is that you do not only pay taxes over the value of the goods but also over the shipping/insurance costs which is crazy because those are already taxed in the country of origin.

Robert

I'm sorry I missed the CD run as I would of liked to have both but I'm glad I got another shot at a cart. My wife was nice enough to place the order as soon as she saw that they were available because I hadn't drug myself out of bed yet. Thanks!

• Like 1

Yep, its when quite quick. i think about 11-12 hours or so and it was sold out.

I dont think we'll be doing another run. However if there is more than enough demand to warrant getting parts for one we might do it.

I did however stick to my word for all those curious. The rom file is up for download on the site.

Edited by rush6432
  • Like 5

Yep, its when quite quick. i think about 11-12 hours or so and it was sold out.

I dont think we'll be doing another run. However if there is more than enough demand to warrant getting parts for one we might do it.

I did however stick to my word for all those curious. The rom file is up for download on the site.

That's really generous of you! Thanks for all your hard work on this project.

• Like 1

Well done! Just snagged it.

If anyone is trying to get it to run in VirtualJaguar it will need padding out to 2mb. Alternatively use 'virtualjaguar.exe --alpine' and load it into the ROM dialogue box where it'll work as is.

[EDIT] Mailed a VJ compatible ROM to Rush. Although anyone could make their own with JiFFi ;)

• Like 4

Padded the ROM with JiFFI and had a play in VJ. As I mentioned before, it's very nicely presented.

Feedback from playing the game. Take it as genuine constructive feedback from someone who bought the game, as that is how it is offered...

It's surprising to see the Merlin Magic Square/Lights Out rules are done away with right from the get go - without any logic or visual clues behind how the switching works from button to button, the game really is just random button pressing against the clock... and I find that a real shame. I can see why you wanted to mix things up a bit as a 3x3 lights out is going to be fairly limiting, but a puzzle game has to be more of a cerebral experience than just quickly pressing buttons at random and hoping for the best :/ This would have been an interesting extra game mode alongside a the real Lights Out rules, and I say it's a shame because you've both obviously spent a lot of time on making it look the part both in-game and the physical copy.

Please don't think I'm just being an arsehole for the sake of it (and I know some 'jaguar fans' like to say Reboot just shit on everything anyone else does, but that's just gaybar emo BS) - if you have serious ambitions of producing games for current touch devices etc. these are the kinds of things you have to get right from day 1.

• Like 2

if you have serious ambitions of producing games for current touch devices etc. these are the kinds of things you have to get right from day 1.

lol.

Sorry but thats just funny..

wait actually, no im not sorry. its just funny.

Edited by rush6432