BLACKOUT! RELEASED NOW!

Jag_Slave

I play the game and i would say it so :

Box 10/10

Graphic 7/10

Music 10/10

Gameplay ?/10

for me there is no gameplay. or im to dumb for it,

i play it serval times, and it didnt figure out any logic in that puzzle game play. the rest you see it in my ranking.

Theres logic and a pattern to each puzzle, the difference is its not exactly "To-A-T" a lights out clone. You dont have infinite/long amount of time to figure out the pattern, and you dont have infinite/a lot of moves to try. And less squares (theres only so many combinations you can try- its not hard.. SO it comes off as a guessing game but its built around speed and power-ups, so in turn the logic seems to be elsewhere and more arcade style. We did this on purpose, and it plays the way we like it. Even if its a 0/10 or a 10/10 :)

I play the game and i would say it so :

Box 10/10

Graphic 7/10

Music 10/10

Gameplay ?/10

for me there is no gameplay. or im to dumb for it,

i play it serval times, and it didnt figure out any logic in that puzzle game play. the rest you see it in my ranking.

Theres logic and a pattern to each puzzle, the difference is its not exactly "To-A-T" a lights out clone. You dont have infinite/long amount of time to figure out the pattern, and you dont have infinite/a lot of moves to try. And less squares (theres only so many combinations you can try- its not hard.. SO it comes off as a guessing game but its built around speed and power-ups, so in turn the logic seems to be elsewhere and more arcade style. We did this on purpose, and it plays the way we like it. Even if its a 0/10 or a 10/10 :)

Ok from that point it is 5/10 :-)

sorry but when i saw the first screenshot for me it was a puzzler, but when you say it is more arcade than a puzzler, it is 5/10 .

cause i have fun to play it 5 min. and then its over, so from this point the gane play is 5/10

@sh3--rg thanks for the link, i hope i can see him here in germany

• Like 1

Hey ladies!

Here is a link to the full BlackOut! soundtrack. It is all in mp3 format, and free for the world! Rather than have you waste your time tearing apart our game in hopes of finding something, we thought it would be nice to give you everything in wonderful mp3 format! NOW (For the junior detectives out there) please note, at least two of the tracks were custom made (by Ctrix) specifically for BlackOut! and cannot be found anywhere. Even the ones that you can find are fine tuned to run on the Jaguar correctly (by Ctrix) as originally they didnt sound quite right in their regular modarchive format ...

This is for the community to ENJOY! This is not for selling, it is for giving out to anyone who enjoys the game or the music :)

http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/375229/BlackOut_.zip

• Like 4

Even the ones that you can find are fine tuned to run on the Jaguar correctly (by Ctrix) as originally they didnt sound quite right in their regular modarchive format ...

"modarchive format"? They're standard Amiga modules. If they don't sound 'right' it's a problem with the module replay, not the module or the Jaguar. Most implementations of mod replay sound a little different to each other, the one you probably used, Imagitec's, maybe doesn't support the full mod format features and required cTrix to avoid some commands or alter how some were used.

The best way to listen to cTrix's mods in to use an Amiga (boo!) ;-)

• Like 1

"modarchive format"? They're standard Amiga modules. If they don't sound 'right' it's a problem with the module replay, not the module or the Jaguar. Most implementations of mod replay sound a little different to each other, the one you probably used, Imagitec's, maybe doesn't support the full mod format features and required cTrix to avoid some commands or alter how some were used.

The best way to listen to cTrix's mods in to use an Amiga (boo!) ;-)

Yeah Amiga or whatever- most gumshoes were getting the files from modarchive... and that format is usually .mod or xm etc etc... modarchive format! yay!

I have yet to find a mod player for Jag that supports everything.

"doesn't support the full mod format features and required cTrix to avoid some commands or alter how some were used." and thats why we had him change the mods a bit.

Edited by Jag_Slave

"modarchive format"? They're standard Amiga modules. the one you probably used, Imagitec's, maybe doesn't support the full mod format features and required cTrix to avoid some commands or alter how some were used.

namjx.png

sinister player.

Funny that you had to rip through the rom just to "check" Sounds very familiar to the whole mad bodies incident... hmmm....

Edited by rush6432

Funny that you had to rip through the rom just to "check" Sounds very familiar to the whole mad bodies incident... hmmm....

OK, I see how it is. I offered my honest opinion of your game and didn't blindly swallow what I saw as fanciful stories of leet crazed Jaguar hackers deploying rootkits to steal ROMs and edit your .S files, and ever since you hate me... fair enough, I'll try my best to learn to live with it... it might take some time to come to terms with... it might not be an easy road to travel... but I'll do my best... I'll keep on keeping on... one day I'll get over that fact that Jeff went emo and stopped playing nice.

FYI, Sinister Player = Imagitec Player - the former is a rip of the latter, ergo, you used Imagitec's module player as I suspected. I came to this conclusion simply because you didn't credit linkovitch or seb for use of their mod players - using the ancient power of deduction and sadly not hidden haxx0r skillz i hide behind my gfxman disguise. You know Gorf used to employ those kinds of tactics, to throw mud at people he was sulking at, that's how big and clever that kind of nonsense is. Hey, if I was a hacker and knew how to disassemble code and all that, maybe I could go searching in the ROM for some gameplay to go with the graphics and music in Black Out...? ;-) Don't go all emo, it was a jest... I know you find it difficult to accept honest criticism, but at least be man enough to take a joke for what it is :lol:

• Like 2

7eet h4x0r skills are not required to determine your mod player. You provided a ROM which you can just load into Virtual Jaguar (after padding it out). Wait until the sound starts. Exit the emulator. Load the file virtualjaguar.log into a text editor and search for "dsp_modulo" (without the quotes) and scroll down a bit. Then get the source for the sinister player from here and search for "dsp_code_start" and voila! You can see the instructions match.

• Like 6

OK, I see how it is. I offered my honest opinion of your game and didn't blindly swallow what I saw as fanciful stories of leet crazed Jaguar hackers deploying rootkits to steal ROMs and edit your .S files, and ever since you hate me... fair enough, I'll try my best to learn to live with it... it might take some time to come to terms with... it might not be an easy road to travel... but I'll do my best... I'll keep on keeping on... one day I'll get over that fact that Jeff went emo and stopped playing nice.

FYI, Sinister Player = Imagitec Player - the former is a rip of the latter, ergo, you used Imagitec's module player as I suspected. I came to this conclusion simply because you didn't credit linkovitch or seb for use of their mod players - using the ancient power of deduction and sadly not hidden haxx0r skillz i hide behind my gfxman disguise. You know Gorf used to employ those kinds of tactics, to throw mud at people he was sulking at, that's how big and clever that kind of nonsense is. Hey, if I was a hacker and knew how to disassemble code and all that, maybe I could go searching in the ROM for some gameplay to go with the graphics and music in Black Out...? ;-) Don't go all emo, it was a jest... I know you find it difficult to accept honest criticism, but at least be man enough to take a joke for what it is :lol:

Aww cute, all your fuck buddies desided to pop in and say hi too!! Can go one place without the entire gang of turds dropping in on every atari age thread to troll.

I dont give two shits about your review of my game or opinion of it. your general lack of respect for another person that decides to contribute the community is my issue and your trollish comments. You got 1up'd on a release and it was successfull. not my problem. U mad bro? i mean jesus, you might as well just cry yourself to sleep on your cock shaped pilow. sounds like your really butthurt over it.

No one made you buy a copy of my game. Sad you had to buy a copy just to "check out the packaging" and then promptly didnt want it after the rom file was released.

Had to send team reboot on a mission to dig through a rom file. quite sad and pathetic excuse just to try to bring some more drama to the community that it doesnt need.

Everyone can see right through your bullshit...

Edited by rush6432

Actuality I provided that fixed ROM. Rush never said thank you either. Maybe he didn't want potential customers 'playing' it before buying?

Anyway it can't possibly be using the sinister player because you are supposed to acknowledge its use.

It is credited... your just didnt look hard enough. might try again.

But then again i dont even know why i should have credited something you ripped off from imagitec and claimed as your own sinister player with gordon anyhow

head back to notepad+ and hash out some more 1 button reboot titles that no one will play reusing the same source code from downfall/superfly. keep yourself busy already.

No one was talking to you by the way anyhow. get lost fuckstick

Edited by rush6432

Either Rush's rootkit's back in play or he's been up all night watching his Twiglight DVDs...

I'll just point out that, after all the begging & borrowing you've been doing from us an the others, it's really pretty odd to see you getting your knickers in such a twist over trivial little things like that. I'm now 100% convinced your espionage story was just that and it was your emo rage that made you delete your accounts and shut up shop when you thought all your code was broken on GPU rev 1.1 machines. I also remember you reassured me that your buddy Jag_Slave was actually an OK guy and we shoudln't worry about being chums with Kizza and co... but obviously our concerns were directed to the wrong partner in that relationship...

I think you need to go have a little lie down for a while and make up a thermos of weak lemon drink, that should calm the nerves a little...

• Like 1

Either Rush's rootkit's back in play or he's been up all night watching his Twiglight DVDs...

I'll just point out that, after all the begging & borrowing you've been doing from us an the others, it's really pretty odd to see you getting your knickers in such a twist over trivial little things like that. I'm now 100% convinced your espionage story was just that and it was your emo rage that made you delete your accounts and shut up shop when you thought all your code was broken on GPU rev 1.1 machines. I also remember you reassured me that your buddy Jag_Slave was actually an OK guy and we shoudln't worry about being chums with Kizza and co... but obviously our concerns were directed to the wrong partner in that relationship...

I think you need to go have a little lie down for a while and make up a thermos of weak lemon drink, that should calm the nerves a little...

Ahh ok, so now apparently i stole code from reboot or barrowed. Wow the story gets wilder...

apparently reboot owns everything jaguar related guys and everyone steals from them now...

You cant lay claim to code that someone else wrote a decade before you got to it. Im appauled to find out that your that fucking stupid enough to claim the 60hz/50hz fix along with startup routines that were present in the bjl and jagserver SDKs...

Never had a problem with gpu 1.1/ runs fine on both here, and gaztee got a bad copy unfortunately. got replaced like it should have and i held my word on that.

Sorry the attention is on you. dont try to point the spotlight away. There is a reason you guys are banned from most boards. I'd love to have you banned here but the problem is your too busy polishing sauron's knob and taking money shots in the mouth..

Edited by rush6432

Ahh ok, so now apparently i stole code from reboot or barrowed. Wow the story gets wilder...

No, referring to your frequent visits to the IRC channel and forum asking questions.

You cant lay claim to code that someone else wrote a decade before you got to it. Im appauled to find out that your that fucking stupid enough to claim the 60hz/50hz fix along with startup routines that were present in the bjl and jagserver SDKs...

Dunno what you're ranting on about now geoffrey, but as I'm not a coder I've never laid claim to any code, as well you know.

Never had a problem with gpu 1.1/ runs fine on both here

But that was not what you thought that evening you went all depressed and sulky in the IRC channel and said you were packing everything in. Want me to quote from the IRC logs, or affraid 1337 haxxors will have doctored the logs with rootkit pwnage?

Sorry the attention is on you. dont try to point the spotlight away you douche canoe.

Are you sure you're not Gorf in disguise... you're doing a heck of a convincing approximation of him.

PS I'm pretty sure spamming someone's inbox by constantly liking & un-liking their posts is against some kind of AA rule somewhere. If not, it should be as it's puerile and petty... or was that the rootkit at work again?

• Like 1

apparently reboot owns everything jaguar related guys and everyone steals from them now...

Never had a problem with gpu 1.1/ runs fine on both here, and gaztee got a bad copy unfortunately. got replaced like it should have and i held my word on that.

Sorry the attention is on you. dont try to point the spotlight away you douche canoe.

Dude, seriously, WTF is wrong with you?? Where on earth are you getting all of these wild accusations from? You've let some obvious trolls poison your brain with bullshit. So let me lay some facts out for you:

1. No one from Reboot hacked you, or hacked Madbodies, or whatever else bullshit mr.kizztard or whoever has fed you. They're all blatant lies, the same accusations that have been flying around for years. They're completely fabricated, originating from when Gorf got his panties twisted in a bunch and started crying. So I'll say it again here: IT NEVER FUCKING HAPPENED.

2. You need to lay off the emo pills. Just because someone makes fair criticism of your game doesn't mean they're disparaging you. The same person you're going all emo on had already complimented your game on quite a few areas. Criticizing ONE element of it doesn't warrant you getting all butthurt about it. If you think what anyone here said was bad, you should see what others have said on some other non-Jag forums. Why aren't you going all emo-rage on mr.kizztard after he openly said your no-Pal initial release was due to "shitty programming"?? Was it because he turned right around and gave your game an 8/10 review?

3. No one from Reboot is trying to take credit for anything in your game. I have no idea how the hell you think that. I've read over the posts in here several times, and haven't seen that said once.

Seriously man, I don't know what's wrong with you, but I thought you were a bit more rational than this.

• Like 5

Dude, seriously, WTF is wrong with you?? Where on earth are you getting all of these wild accusations from? You've let some obvious trolls poison your brain with bullshit. So let me lay some facts out for you:

1. No one from Reboot hacked you, or hacked Madbodies, or whatever else bullshit mr.kizztard or whoever has fed you. They're all blatant lies, the same accusations that have been flying around for years. They're completely fabricated, originating from when Gorf got his panties twisted in a bunch and started crying. So I'll say it again here: IT NEVER FUCKING HAPPENED.

2. You need to lay off the emo pills. Just because someone makes fair criticism of your game doesn't mean they're disparaging you. The same person you're going all emo on had already complimented your game on quite a few areas. Criticizing ONE element of it doesn't warrant you getting all butthurt about it. If you think what anyone here said was bad, you should see what others have said on some other non-Jag forums. Why aren't you going all emo-rage on mr.kizztard after he openly said your no-Pal initial release was due to "shitty programming"?? Was it because he turned right around and gave your game an 8/10 review?

3. No one from Reboot is trying to take credit for anything in your game. I have no idea how the hell you think that. I've read over the posts in here several times, and haven't seen that said once.

Seriously man, I don't know what's wrong with you, but I thought you were a bit more rational than this.

First and foremost, FUCK you.

Patience... ive got zero patience for bullshit anymore.

2nd..dont go twisting this shit around. Your just as bad as the rest of them.

Really sad reboot had to call in the moderator to fix their self projected image on the forums for them..

common and ban me already you fucking pussy.

Edited by rush6432

First and foremost, FUCK you.

2nd..dont go twisting this shit around. Your just as bad as the rest of them.

Really sad reboot had to call in the moderator to fix their self projected image on the forums for them..

Thanks for the rational and well thought out reply. At least we all know what kind of person we're dealing with here. And no one called me in here, I woke up to see all this crap on here...

• Like 3

To me the Jaguar is still :thumbsup: just as it has always been. The community on the other hand... *sigh*. It will always be stuck in its toddler stage. I still don't really know why. Of all the communities I hang around, many of them gaming related, this is unique among them.

• Like 2

Thanks for the rational and well thought out reply. At least we all know what kind of person we're dealing with here. And no one called me in here, I woke up to see all this crap on here...

Your welcome tim.

Then again your judgement calls havnt been the best on here anyhow, but we know what kind of moderator you are so...

shining example, you just edited my posts and changed up what ive said. thanks dickhead. not hard to see that...

Edited by rush6432