IGNORED

BLACKOUT! RELEASED NOW!

Jag_Slave

I FINALLY got around to playing it over the weekend since when I got it I was in the process of moving in with my girlfriend. The game is soo amazing! I played it non-stop Friday & Sunday night, a very addicting game :)

Again, great Job Jeff & Shawn! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Like 1

I think it is great you decided to release these for the Jaguar community.

Is there any differences between the CD and cartridge version? Would be great to see the CD support the memory cartridge.

I've talked it over with shawn and since we still have supplies for this game sitting around to make a few carts and CDs we will release what we have. once we run out, thats it.

The game has been updated a little bit in the back end but nothing visually that you would notice probably. I have also enabled "PAL support" based on the feedback of many, however its still not technically PAL. The screen dimensions are still NTSC height and width and with a bit of code that was brought to attention by zerosquare will force a 50HZ (pal) jaguar into 60hz mode without modification to the console itself. The screen itself is a little pushed upward by about 20 pixels or so id say, so its not perfect but its not cutting anything crucial off the screen. This isnt technically a perfect fix but it does make it playable on a pal console. This might not fair very well on very very old PAL televisions however since the game is forcing the console to run at 60 hz and the older televsion may not keep up or like this...

I dont have a timeline on when these will be released, i do know that we will have some carts and some CDs available though and the number of carts will probably be similar to what we had last time. CDs i am unsure on at the moment how many we will have.

Is there any differences between the CD and cartridge version? Would be great to see the CD support the memory cartridge.

I've talked it over with shawn and since we still have supplies for this game sitting around to make a few carts and CDs we will release what we have. once we run out, thats it.

The game has been updated a little bit in the back end but nothing visually that you would notice probably. I have also enabled "PAL support" based on the feedback of many, however its still not technically PAL. The screen dimensions are still NTSC height and width and with a bit of code that was brought to attention by zerosquare will force a 50HZ (pal) jaguar into 60hz mode without modification to the console itself. The screen itself is a little pushed upward by about 20 pixels or so id say, so its not perfect but its not cutting anything crucial off the screen. This isnt technically a perfect fix but it does make it playable on a pal console. This might not fair very well on very very old PAL televisions however since the game is forcing the console to run at 60 hz and the older televsion may not keep up or like this...

I dont have a timeline on when these will be released, i do know that we will have some carts and some CDs available though and the number of carts will probably be similar to what we had last time. CDs i am unsure on at the moment how many we will have.

Unfortunately we didnt look into doing memory track as saving would make the game a bit easier in my opinion if you were able to pick up where you left off from. the game definately tests your patience and ability to remember patterns for multiple levels. i would recommend honestly writing down which combos youve used per level to solve them to help get back to where you were. Sounds kinda lame but definately helps.

I just dropped by to see that I missed all this.

This whole rootkit topic is really sad to hear, but somehow things like this always seem to happen in the Jag community.

It really sounds somebody went through a lot of trouble for it.

I can relate how you feel. Personally I've seen so much crap happen in the community and experienced so much flaming and lies being spread as thank you for years of hard work on my side, that it took all the fun out of it. And fun was, what it all was about to me. So while I never left, I decided to focus on what's important to me. Making games for the fun of it.

It's always just a few bad apples that ruin a great thing for everybody and I didn't want that to happen.

Maybe you should take some time off and work on projects for the fun of it and return with something cool when you're ready. :)

Great to hear that you decided to touch the release again and give the remaining copies to people who appreciate it. :)

• Like 1

Unfortunately we didnt look into doing memory track as saving would make the game a bit easier in my opinion if you were able to pick up where you left off from. the game definately tests your patience and ability to remember patterns for multiple levels. i would recommend honestly writing down which combos youve used per level to solve them to help get back to where you were. Sounds kinda lame but definately helps.

I was not really thinking of it on a game level save, but more to save high score like Downfall uses it for.

Hope you are still planning on keeping the limit to one per customer, at least at first, so everyone gets a chance to play this game.

If you still have CDs available a few days after they go up for sale, I most likely will get one.

Just wanted to say thanks to all for the continued support and messages regarding this game. Glad to hear everyone is liking the game. Hopefully when I arrive home tomorrow I will have some more information on the second run of a blackout. I have decided to release the binary file shortly after this run as originally intended after some consideration. Might as well keep the system alive as much as possible.

Edited by rush6432
  • Like 17

These newer versions do have basic pal support and will allow the game to be played on a pal machine, however the screen positioning is not perfect like the ntsc version. it is shifted upward slightly, but yet it does force your pal machine to play at 60hz and still uses ntsc screen sizing.

The 2nd run of carts and the jag cd's will have this fix.

• Like 1

These newer versions do have basic pal support and will allow the game to be played on a pal machine, however the screen positioning is not perfect like the ntsc version. it is shifted upward slightly, but yet it does force your pal machine to play at 60hz and still uses ntsc screen sizing.

The 2nd run of carts and the jag cd's will have this fix.

NTSC is perfect. Its a perfect format. DOWN WITH PAL! lol.

Another short update. we have 21 carts for sale in addition to the 38 copies of the jag CD version.

More than likely we will be posting the CDs on ebay later tonight. The carts still need boxes made at the moment which shouldnt take long.

Edited by rush6432