IGNORED

Collections

Michael David Morsette

I was thinking we ought to have a sub-forum where people can post info on their colllections. Pics, items their looking for, items they are willing to trade or sell. So here is a start. For now I'm just going to list, later I'll add photos

My collection:

Lynx I - Box, Manual, AC Adapter

Calfifornia Games - Curved Cart, Manual (Boxed with Lynx I)

Slime World - Curved Cart, Box, English Manual

Gauntlet - Curved Cart, Box, English Manual

Xybots - Curved Cart, Box, Poster

Zendocon - Flat Cart, Large Box, Manual

Rampage - Curved Cart, Box, English Manual

Paper Boy - Curved Cart, Box, English Manual

Hydra - Curved Lip Cart, Six Lang. Manual

Steel Talons - Curved Cart, Six Lang. Manual

Batman Returns - Curved Cart, Six Lang. Manual

Rygar - Curved Cart, English Manual

Ninja Gaiden - Curved Cart, Poster

STUN Runner - Curved Cart, Poster

Double Dragon - Curved Cart

Daemon's Gate - Green PCB Cart

Desert Strike - In route

Joust - In route

Lemmings - In route

Road Riot - In route

Centipede - In route

Test/Diagnostic - In route

Zaku - No confirmation

Alpine Games - No confirmation

Alpine Bonus - No confirmation

Just for info:

Lemmings - Green PCB Cart, VHS type Box, Single Paper Folded Manual

Gauntlet- Curved Cart (only functions when cart is torqued back)

Item/s looking for next:

Xenophobe - Any Cart, Box, Manual/Poster

Sell/Trade:

N/A

Edited by MrBland
  • Like 1

Systems:

Lynx I with AC Adapter and Lynx Carrying Pouch

Lynx II with AC Adapter and Lynx Carrying Case

Games:

A.P.B.

Batman Returns

Battlewheels

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Block Out

Blue Lightning

California Games

Checkered Flag

Chip's Challenge

Crystal Mines II

Dirty Larry: Renegade Cop

Dracula The Undead

Electrocop (big box and flat cartridge)

Eye of the Beholder

Gates Of Zendocon

Gauntlet: The Third Encounter

Gordo 106

Hockey

Hydra

Ishido

Joust

Klax

Kung Food

Lemmings

Ninja Gaiden

Paperboy

Pinball Jam

Pit Fighter

Power Factor

Rampage

RoadBlasters

Robo-Squash

Rygar

Scrapyard Dog

Shadow Of The Beast

Shanghai

Steel Talons

Super Skweek

Super Asteroids & Missile Command (Unreleased Version)

Switchblade II

Todd's Adventures In Slime World

Toki

Tournament Cyberball

Turbo Sub

Viking Child

Warbirds

World Class Fussball/Soccer

Xenophobe

Xybots

Zaku

Zarlor Mercenary

• 2 weeks later...

I've gotten a couple new additions to my collection

1st Puzzler 2000: basicly a tetris clone. Fun game, controls respond quickly, game colors are bright and fun, but game is unfinished.

2nd Ding: This is just a diagnostic cart for the Lynx II, same as you can get from one of the online retailers. What I like about is I got it from former employee of Atari so perhaps "Ding" is what developers called the diag cart..... or perhaps it was just mislabled.

3rd Hotdog: A nice game in of itself, when I opened the box I saw it was a blue cart, which I thought I had read was only a limited production. But wait it gets better, the title screen if you let it play says Beta 1.3 and to push option 1 for a message. The message is to someone who was sent the cart to evaluate it. Pushing option one during game play allows you to skip levels.

4th Reversi: I read that this is a prototype but it appears to be fully functional with 1&2 player options.

5th EOTB with save: Haven't been able to play it yet, it won't fit in my Lynx I

6th Krazy Ace Mini Golf: I noticed the cart I have looks different from the cart scan listed here on AtariAge. It appears to have two chips (forgive me if I am using the wrong terminology) one on each side of the board making it extra wide. I haven't played it much yet, is this for a save option maybe?

Well gotta run, I'll post a little more on some othe items I got later.

I'm going to have to assess the size of my collection this weekend. I do believe that I now have all released titles, and am missing only a few demos, Ponx, the CinciClassic version of Cybervirus, SFX, and Mr. Bland's new protos. :)

Congrats on the complete collection, well nearly complete anyway :)

Here is a quick list of the rest of my additions:

Stardreamer- looks like an early demo. Demonstrates game features like flying, landing on planets etc.

Lynx Reloaded

Wolf 3D demo- doesn't work very well on my Lynx I, but you can see the concept. Definately not a finished game.

Duranik- Bonus cart for Alpine Games

and of course all my "in route" items from my previous post are here. This has been a lot of fun, so many good games, so little time :)

Here is a quick list of the rest of my additions:

Stardreamer- looks like an early demo. Demonstrates game features like flying, landing on planets etc.

Lynx Reloaded

Wolf 3D demo- doesn't work very well on my Lynx I, but you can see the concept. Definately not a finished game.

Duranik- Bonus cart for Alpine Games

and of course all my "in route" items from my previous post are here. This has been a lot of fun, so many good games, so little time :)

How about some screenshots of "Puzzler" and "Reversi"? :)

I appologize ahead of time for the low quality video, my "equipment" isn't really meant for journalistic endeavors :)

Hotdog Beta 1.3:

IMG_20120719_100916.jpgIMG_20120719_100927.jpg

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=eDDIR3qhjCM"]Hotdog

Puzzler 2000:

IMG_20120719_101008.jpgIMG_20120719_101017.jpg

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=s3JTF8_AHLA"]Puzzler 2000

Reversi:

IMG_20120719_101105.jpgIMG_20120719_101121.jpg

"http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=4X2E0tatjsk"]Puzzler 2000

1st Puzzler 2000: basicly a tetris clone. Fun game, controls respond quickly, game colors are bright and fun, but game is unfinished.

2nd Ding: This is just a diagnostic cart for the Lynx II, same as you can get from one of the online retailers. What I like about is I got it from former employee of Atari so perhaps "Ding" is what developers called the diag cart..... or perhaps it was just mislabled.

6th Krazy Ace Mini Golf: I noticed the cart I have looks different from the cart scan listed here on AtariAge. It appears to have two chips (forgive me if I am using the wrong terminology) one on each side of the board making it extra wide. I haven't played it much yet, is this for a save option maybe?

Upon further examination, I believe your "Ding" cart actually says "Diag" as in short for Diagnostic. The "n" is really just a sloppily written "a" I would say. :)

The other ones with boxes - I'm thinking they were made my "Beep4Me" who is a long-time seller on eBay. I can't say for sure, but the way the boxes look are reminscent of Beep4Me's stuff.

Now that I look, I see I have ROM versions of Puzzler 2000, Wolf 3D, and Star Dreamer. Reversi may be a pre-release version of Othello that came out years ago.... or maybe not. I just played my Othello, and it looks quite different.

As for Krazy Ace, I think you're talking about the big, black plastic cover that protects both sides of the chip. Kinda weird, but that's something Telegames did for a while.

Cheers,

Smeg

Upon further examination, I believe your "Ding" cart actually says "Diag" as in short for Diagnostic. The "n" is really just a sloppily written "a" I would say.

I definitely agree.

The other ones with boxes - I'm thinking they were made my "Beep4Me" who is a long-time seller on eBay. I can't say for sure, but the way the boxes look are reminscent of Beep4Me's stuff.

I think that Beep4Me = Lance of Video 61.

Now that I look, I see I have ROM versions of Puzzler 2000, Wolf 3D, and Star Dreamer. Reversi may be a pre-release version of Othello that came out years ago.... or maybe not. I just played my Othello, and it looks quite different.

Reversi certainly does not appear to be a version of Harry Dodgson's Othello, which features Pounce (and, for that matter, the LGSS game-sharing system). I've never seen a copy of that before -- which is neat for me -- and this means that the Lynx now has three versions of Othello!

Puzzler 2000 appears to be one of Markus' games, though it's hard to tell from the title screen. I'd love to get a copy of it, but don't even know if Markus authorized that release. Perhaps it's time to contact him to find out?

Upon further examination, I believe your "Ding" cart actually says "Diag" as in short for Diagnostic. The "n" is really just a sloppily written "a" I would say. :)

As for Krazy Ace, I think you're talking about the big, black plastic cover that protects both sides of the chip. Kinda weird, but that's something Telegames did for a while.

Cheers,

Smeg

I agree with you completely with Ding being Diag. Looking at it now it looks obvious. I couldn't see that sooner cause Ding was stuck in my head :)

I ran into this reading the forums:

http://www.atariage....rototype-carts/

Is it to much to hope that my Reversi is one of these?

I've seen Beep4Me on ebay, I thought he was a reseller I didn't know he made carts.....or are you saying he made just the boxes... are the items Beep4me sells legit? or are they just pirated games?

Edited by MrBland

There's a good chance that it is. I've never heard of anyone burning a small pirate run of these carts (as I posted five years ago), and usually you do hear whispers of these things when they happen. That was your best buy, I think. :)

It's certainly fine if you want to keep it for your own collection, but you might want to have that dumped in order to release the image for the pleasure of all Lynx enthusiasts. You could probably even sell the images (or carts, if they're made). :)

There's a good chance that it is. I've never heard of anyone burning a small pirate run of these carts (as I posted five years ago), and usually you do hear whispers of these things when they happen. That was your best buy, I think. :)

It's certainly fine if you want to keep it for your own collection, but you might want to have that dumped in order to release the image for the pleasure of all Lynx enthusiasts. You could probably even sell the images (or carts, if they're made). :)

I admit selling the idea of selling carts intrigues me mainly so it can fuel me finishing my collection. But I really don't know how to go about it. The next option that comes to mind is seeing if B&C, Songbird, or someone else who supports the Atari community might be interested in making carts.... I don't know much about the legalities of producing carts or even releasing the image, I certianly don't want to contribute to pirating.... Suggestions are welcome.

Edited by MrBland

Puzzler 2000 appears to be one of Markus' games, though it's hard to tell from the title screen. I'd love to get a copy of it, but don't even know if Markus authorized that release. Perhaps it's time to contact him to find out?

Title screen says:

98 by Marcus Wuhl

developed with BLL

from Bastian Schick

Ok so the last several posts should have been 1, I just kept seeing more to write on every time I finished a post :-D

Edited by MrBland

So I added a few more to my collection:

Yastuna Alchemy of Cubes-Fun set of mini games. I'm sucker for anything like tetris :) so this cart is a big hit for me.

Yastuna 2- Fun cart, nice minigames. I've been having a lot of glitches though. Ocasionally after a screen change the screen will be black and I can't fix it without a restart. Not a big deal, still very fun.

Lynx Othello with LGSS- Now I have three versions of Othello for Lynx :)

Alien vs Predator - This one intriques me. It looks like it would have been a really good game if it had been finished. I remember reading in a review that the game was not finished enough to play both characters, you could only play the marine; but in the one I have you can play both chacters. Is mine different or was the reviewer just mistaken?

Loopz- I LOVE this game. Sound, graphics, gameplay; I think is definately one of the better titles I've run into for the Lynx.

So that makes 36 so far, humble beginnings but it's growing :)

Edited by MrBland

Alien vs Predator - This one intriques me. It looks like it would have been a really good game if it had been finished. I remember reading in a review that the game was not finished enough to play both characters, you could only play the marine; but in the one I have you can play both chacters. Is mine different or was the reviewer just mistaken?

There are a number of versions of AvP floating around out there, so it's entirely possible that you have a different version than the one that was reviewed. A fully complete version of the game apparently exists, but it's never come to light in this forum.

I bought EotB w/ game save from Beep4Me on eBay, and it was shipped directly from Video 61 (Lance signed the customs form). It may not be him...but he's at most only one degree of separation away from the seller.

Y'know, I always wondered about that. Thanks for letting us know. Weird, though... why wouldn't he simply be Video 61? So perhaps, as you said, there is one degree of separation there.

Loopz- I LOVE this game. Sound, graphics, gameplay; I think is definately one of the better titles I've run into for the Lynx.

So that makes 36 so far, humble beginnings but it's growing :)

Sounds like you got into collecting at a great time. You picked up some neat stuff!

I think I already said this elsewhere, but Loopz is probably my favorite Lynx game. It normally lives in my Lynx. It's such a simple, fun, addictive game. I actually own two copies. I bought one from Best Electronics years before, then when Carl from Songbird bought the rights, I picked up a licensed version from him too.

Cheers,

Smeg

As long as we're talking about collections, here is the link to my old thread talking about my "complete collection."

Near the end of the thread, I say I'm at 124 carts. I now have 126... Solitaire, and ... uh, not sure what else I added. Oh, probably the proto version of Super Asteroids/Missile Command I bought from EricDeLee. It's no different from the released game (from what I can tell), I just wanted at least one prototype in my collection.

Cheers,

Smeg

As long as we're talking about collections, here is the link to my old thread talking about my "complete collection."

Near the end of the thread, I say I'm at 124 carts. I now have 126... Solitaire, and ... uh, not sure what else I added. Oh, probably the proto version of Super Asteroids/Missile Command I bought from EricDeLee. It's no different from the released game (from what I can tell), I just wanted at least one prototype in my collection.

Cheers,

Smeg

You have a very nice collection. I'm a bit jealous over some of those I'll probibly never see (Marble Madness, Rapide Racer, etc.). Do you know where EricDeLee is? I've enjoyed reading his posts and would love to continue to hear from him, not to mention buy his version of EOTB :)

126 huh, looks like I've got a ways to go :) Are you still actively adding to your collection? Different cart types, etc.?

Thank you! I've been working on it for a lot of years. Do you like how I store them? Those baseball card sheets are perfect for all except the ones with big chips. I once had one cart badly wedged in, and it took forever to get it out! I almost cut the plastic, but I perservered and finally wiggled it loose.

I haven't been on here as often as I used to, but Eric also used to be a constant presence on the AA Lynx forum. He's probably really busy himself these days, but if you PM him, he'll probably respond when he can. He's a very good, honest fella! You'll like him. :)

Alas, I am far too poor to be able to continue adding to my collection at this time. As I mentioned earlier, I had to pass up the Hot Dog, Relief Pitcher, and Poker sales because I'm an under-employed college student these days. I sold off nearly all the coolest bits of my Jaguar collection, which was a real bummer but helped me get through Christmas last year. I am hoping I won't have to part ways with my Lynx collection... it's the one collection I'm trying the hardest to hold on to.

Cheers,

Smeg

I do like how you have them stored, but I don't think it would work for me. I carry my games with me a lot. My boys love to play them in the car.. in fact the car is where I get most of my play time. The younger ones fall asleep and I stay in the car and play while the wife does her shopping, works out well :) I have a backpack that has a thick cushioned area I keep my Lynx then I have all my carts in Gameboy cases. I can comfortably fit two of the curved lip carts in one case, and one PCB per case. What are you taking in college? Writing related?

I'll throw a message Eric's way and see if he is still selling EOTB..... I hate to harass him though if he is trying to back out of it for a while... Well I guess the worst that can happen is a no.