IGNORED

Collections

Michael David Morsette

Thanks. It is mostly luck and stalking that wins the carts ;)

As for Bitchy,well I am hoping to snag more "For Review Only" copies, or Japanese releases. Box variations that I don't have would be of interest too. For instance California games came in a couple box variations, I have the flat one. But I am open to other interesting and/or rare items. I really don't want to sell, I have more fun trading.

• 1 month later...

Well thanks to a friend I have a couple more exciting Lynx additions :D One I'm still waiting on in the mail, but this I got today:

IMAGE_1.jpeg

Here posing with my released copy is a proto of Super Asteroids / Missile command !!

I am now the third owner, it was originally bought with other Atari items when JTS sold its' stock. At first glance there are no differences that jumped out at me from this proto and the released version. After some time playing both it seems that the proto is more difficult than the released version. Most noticeably the missiles your firing, as well as the missiles coming down, are moving faster in the proto. Super Asteroids also seemed a bit harder to me in the proto and both Asteroids and Missile command had more bonus items (ufos, etc.) in the released version. So my guess is that just a little difficulty tweaking was done between this proto and the released version, everything else looks the same.

Hopefully soon I'll have another even more exciting item to share with you guys, but you'll have to wait ;)

I wish I could find back that topic here from last year or the other year when Eric De Lee (I think) was the first one unearthing these alternatives and describing the difference to the released version (and manufacturing a homeopathic amount of repros which were gone before the lark sings good morning here :D )

Edited by Atari_afternoon

And it has arrived!!

IMAGE_2.jpeg

IMAGE_3.jpegIMAGE_4.jpeg

IMAGE_5.jpeg

photoCAR8OX4T.jpg

This beauty use to belong to the director of Ubisoft France who it was given to by the director of Atari France.

Here is some other background on the item. There were two runs of these show boxes that I know of. One run was of 250 and the run that this box was a part of, of 100. Atari France held contests, one of which was a video game show in 1991 and these were prizes. I'm not sure what other times/places these were given out or sold. Here is a link to a post about the contest:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/119590-lynx-pin-set-on-ebay-france/?p=1444110&hl=atari%20lynx%20pins&fromsearch=1&do=findComment&comment=1444110

If anyone else has any more info please chime in :)

Edited by MrBland
  • Like 1

http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?depth=1&nv=1&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=auto&tl=en&u=http://jeanphilippe.garin.perso.neuf.fr/pins.htm&usg=ALkJrhi2A2cFP_g-NOSUhpf2KTNiLgaEqQ

Here is some good info. I took the liberty of running the page through a translator.

This is Rygar's page. I should have looked here first before doing the last post, he always has a lot of good info.

Edited by MrBland

I am actually in the process of getting the Stunrunner pin, and looking for a Lynx Club pin, but I don't believe Stunrunner was a part of this set. Looking at the brochures and Rygar's page I believe this box set is complete as is. But I am still learning and am open to being mistaken.

Edited by MrBland

• 1 year later...

Well it has been a while since I posted anything here, things really slowed down for me for a bit. Well I finally got around to posting over in the Collections forum and wanted to show off my treasures to all my friends over here too.

IMG_0041.JPG

So head on over to here: http://atariage.com/forums/topic/203163-mr-blands-handhelds/page-4

and check out what's new. Let's see some of what you guys have been scrounging up too, I love to see growing collections ;)

Edited by MrBland

I recently acquired TNT Terry, Vindicators, Alpine Games bonus and alt. version of missile command.

Managed to snag a complete set of ridged carts too incl. Gauntlet. Pretty nice all round.

Congrats on those beauties (and all sets of ridged carts too)! :) Speaking of, i see you mention Gauntlet ridged specifically. Is that the hardest of them to acquire? I'm still after a ridged Gauntlet cart (as well as the Japanese Gauntlet manual) as i am a MASSIVE Gauntlet franchise fan (have over 100 Gauntlet franchise items from arcade machine to review copies to press kits but still no ridged Lynx cart :( ).

Makes me mad with envy ;)

I would love to play this on my Lynx.

Makes me cackle evilly. Playing this on new LCD is so much nicier!!! I should get a picture as proof.

I should sell the box I got with the game, it may go for a lot since it's OOP and limited run. :)