IGNORED

Collections

Michael David Morsette

Super,
Thank you for the page. That makes me so much clearer.

I think it's great that Telegames has just reissued the games, because then you can complete at least for a real price his collection.

Whether it's original or reproductions you can argue about it for a long time. The games are finally from Telegames ;)

• Like 1

Haha oh wow yeah, even though I've seen these before I almost fell off the chair at the bar just now after clicking those! We've done some digging with those DD and DS listings and the seller refused to show cart type or manual claiming if he opened the box it will lose value...but the boxes are not shrink wrapped anyway. Whatever, these will not sell ever at those prices.

Absolutely ridiculous pricing.

Every now and then I get a request to burn a game or two from your own lnx files. Making a proto like that costs €13 including postage. So instead of paying the shirt to get a worthless pirated copy you can do it by yourself and save a lot :)

I do understand that rare carts are valuable. They are part of our computing history. But re-makes are not worth much. Or actually EOTB is an exception to this rule. I really like the re-make with the save feature. The game is not top-notch but the computer archaeology value of one of the first RPG on Atari Lynx with 16k save feature is really something. I still hope to get my hands on an original Atari prototype cart some day. But these are always over €100.

• Like 2

Super,

Thank you for the page. That makes me so much clearer.

I think it's great that Telegames has just reissued the games, because then you can complete at least for a real price his collection.

Whether it's original or reproductions you can argue about it for a long time. The games are finally from Telegames ;)

Just talked to Pete, he only has limited stock of Telegames (his own) titles and Atari titles, when gone they're gone, no reproductions from his stable.

Edited by high voltage

Imho, this is just like a second/third/whatever print of a book, and not a reproduction, since it is Telegames doing it.

I also think the new cartridges and labels look 10 times better than the old ones... I for one won't be buying any of the old ones...

And I still consider Krazy Ace an unfinished game...

But I love my carts, I keep buying them despite keeping my game library on the SD cart and mostly playing from that, there is something tangible and real holding that cart in your hand, and the lynx cartridge format is just perfect in shape and size imho.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I got my first Lynx only recently (within the past few of month) and I love the thing, stock screen and all. This portable would have blown my mind if I could have afforded one back in the day.

It's also really easy to collect (cart only), compared with a lot of other systems. Even going through Ebay and mail order, the vast majority of the library can be had for reasonable prices.

Right now, I'm 19 titles away from having the complete library of officially released titles, with the only big ticket game left being Battle Zone 2000. I "cheated" a bit with the telegames releases, which I got from Telegames UK (reprints, but "official" reprints) boxed with instructions for around 69.99 each.

I've also got some unofficial releases, but I'll likely pass on homebrew games (though I did get Alpine Games just because it's so impressive, and Loopz because I love playing puzzle games on portables).

• Like 1

I got my first Lynx only recently (within the past few of month) and I love the thing, stock screen and all. This portable would have blown my mind if I could have afforded one back in the day.

It's also really easy to collect (cart only), compared with a lot of other systems. Even going through Ebay and mail order, the vast majority of the library can be had for reasonable prices.

Right now, I'm 19 titles away from having the complete library of officially released titles, with the only big ticket game left being Battle Zone 2000. I "cheated" a bit with the telegames releases, which I got from Telegames UK (reprints, but "official" reprints) boxed with instructions for around 69.99 each.

I've also got some unofficial releases, but I'll likely pass on homebrew games (though I did get Alpine Games just because it's so impressive, and Loopz because I love playing puzzle games on portables).

Well that’s certainly not “cheating”. Most of Telegames’ releases were after the commercial life of the Lynx, and have always been a mix-and-match affair, so there’s no “standard production run” for anything but Desert Strike, Qix, Double Dragon, and Chess. :)

You should most definitely pick up Wyvern Tales and Zaku; they’re stellar games.

• Like 2

Pete told me they are no 'reprints', they are Telegames UK original releases, no matter what cartridge style was used.

• Like 1

Well that’s certainly not “cheating”. Most of Telegames’ releases were after the commercial life of the Lynx, and have always been a mix-and-match affair, so there’s no “standard production run” for anything but Desert Strike, Qix, and Chess. :)

You should most definitely pick up Wyvern Tales and Zaku; they’re stellar games.

I'd like to echo David's praise of Wyvern Tales and Zaku...they're fantastic.

Was going to start a new thread but I think it's better to just ask in here; was just curious about actual Lynx Game cases? Would the original GB game cases fit the games?

Yes. And not original too. I use to buy GB cases from Aliexpress or Wish and use it for GB and Lynx carts.