IGNORED

Collections

Michael David Morsette

As long as we're talking about collections, here is the link to my old thread talking about my "complete collection."

Near the end of the thread, I say I'm at 124 carts. I now have 126... Solitaire, and ... uh, not sure what else I added. Oh, probably the proto version of Super Asteroids/Missile Command I bought from EricDeLee. It's no different from the released game (from what I can tell), I just wanted at least one prototype in my collection.

Cheers,

Smeg

You have a very nice collection. I'm a bit jealous over some of those I'll probibly never see (Marble Madness, Rapide Racer, etc.). Do you know where EricDeLee is? I've enjoyed reading his posts and would love to continue to hear from him, not to mention buy his version of EOTB :)

126 huh, looks like I've got a ways to go :) Are you still actively adding to your collection? Different cart types, etc.?

Ah, but you have a copy of Reversi. Can't think of too many people who can claim that. 8)

I wonder if anyone here actually has a complete (ie. commercial release) collection. I would think that the CinciClassic version of Cybervirus would be the stumbling block for most people (like me). It took me two years to track down a complete P.I.T.S. nearly a decade ago, and I'm not going to expend the energy and $$$ to do the same with CinciClassic Cybervirus. I'd rather spend my money on homebrews these days. :)

I wonder if anyone here actually has a complete (ie. commercial release) collection. I would think that the CinciClassic version of Cybervirus would be the stumbling block for most people (like me). It took me two years to track down a complete P.I.T.S. nearly a decade ago, and I'm not going to expend the energy and $$$ to do the same with CinciClassic Cybervirus. I'd rather spend my money on homebrews these days. :)

Is there a good comprehensive list of games that have been put on carts? I've seen some good lists but none that list them all. How am I going to get them all if I don't know what they all are :) Maybe that should be my next project, well if I ever fix the Lynx Links... man that was irritating.

It's going to be a really difficult task, as things were so crazy when Atari collapsed that it's possible that a number of games were never documented properly (or at all) and may pop up at any time. Others are out there at various levels of playability. I've heard, for instance, that Vindicators

-isn't complete at all;

-is only playable on a few levels;

-is nearly complete.

Rolling Thunder most likely exists as a playable game, but the owner(s) have kept quiet for years.

Metal Mutant was confirmed as ready-to-be released when it mysteriously disappeared in France.

720, Cabal, and Geo Duel may exist.

It's possible that Lemmings 2 was started, and may exist as a playable demo.

There are many other lost games listed at Digital Press, and some of their 'Rumour Mill' games are plausible. I'm not really a fan of that list, though, as it's clear that it's out of date and that updating the list isn't a priority for them. I'm betting that Dungeon Slayers will be the next 'lost' game to be 'found'.

I bought EOTB from a former Atari employee a little while back and he sent a floppy disc with it labeled "Doc". I just got a floppy drive and finally got to see what was on it. On the disc is maps, cheats, instructions, and some things that I don't know. So here it is, if this is something new for you guys then I hope you enjoy it, if you can tell me anything about it, please do :) EOTB Docs

Slowly but surely I've been adding to my collection. Here are my most recent additions:

Rampart

Toki

Zaku

Cyberball

Joust

Blue Lightning

Pinball Jam

Kung Food

Shangai

Pounce

Road Blasters

Power Factor

Asteroids/Missile Command

Lode Runner

Remnant

Cyber Virus

Cyber Virus Cinci-Classic Edition

CGE 5th

Chips Challenge

Shadow of the Beast

The more I get, the more I play, the more excited I get. I can't believe there are so many good enjoyable games for the Lynx. When I have bought for the Game Gear or Gameboy I was always very cautious. There were so many crappy games out that finding a good one that wasn't a major title (like Mario) was a real treasure. With the Lynx it just seems like hit after hit. a few of the games I had really low expectations on, like Kung Food. The reviews I read were horrible and just looking at the title and box it seamed pretty goofy. But perhaps my expectations WERE so low I found myself really enjoying the game. Lode Runner was another suprise for me. I didn't think I would like it, I've always been a sucker for flashy characters and bright colors like on Zaku (AWESOME game by the way). I couldn't put it down though, VERY addictive. Simple commands, suprisingly complex strategy, smooth gameplay; what more can you ask for? I am most excited though about aquiring CGE 5th and Cyber Virus Cinci-Classic Edition. I don't actually have them in my hands yet, but they have been shipped so I am going to go ahead and be a little presumptuous and list them :) Now I'm going to set my sites on P.I.T.S. and Bitchy. So that makes 56 so far. I can't wait to see what I'll discover next.

Edited by MrBland

• 2 weeks later...

I bought EOTB from a former Atari employee a little while back and he sent a floppy disc with it labeled "Doc". I just got a floppy drive and finally got to see what was on it. On the disc is maps, cheats, instructions, and some things that I don't know. So here it is, if this is something new for you guys then I hope you enjoy it, if you can tell me anything about it, please do :) EOTB Docs

Did you get the 'proper' EOTB or the screenshot preview?

Did you get the 'proper' EOTB or the screenshot preview?

I'm not sure what you mean? (showing my ignorance). It has save option, but to be honest I haven't been able to play it yet because it doesn't fit in my Lynx I. Lynx II is on its' way though :)

If its got save option its the proper beta release, so grats!! Thats what I want to buy but no one is selling atm and EricDeLee has disappeared =\

I've made a few purchases I am pretty excited about. Here is a list of my additions, later I'll add some pictures.

Marlboro Go! white cart and red German Marlboro branded Lynx II

P.I.T.S. with case and Lynx II

Pins- large Centipede pin, large Stargate, small atari Olympic pin, small Steel Talons, Warbirds, Rampage pins

Relief Pitcher, Poker, T-Tris, Lexas (long cart), Ponx (long cart), PokerMania, Football, Dirty Larry, Pac-Land, Bubble Trouble, SokoMania, SFX (long cart), Blue Lightning Demo (gold label), S-I-M-I-S, Fat Bobby, Hyperdrome, Basketbrawl, Robosquash, Turbo Sub, Switchblade, Checkered Flag, Raiden, Hard Drivin', Japanese flat box California Games

Protos- Blue Lightning Demo on green PCB dated 1990, Basketbrawl, Shadow of the Beast, Road Riot dated 1-6-94, Fat Bobby Dated 2-7-94,

So lets see that makes a total of 89 I believe. still a ways to go but making some good progress :)

Edit:

IMG_20120813_223014.jpg

IMG_20120813_222830.jpg

IMG_20120813_223316.jpg

IMG_20120813_223401.jpg

IMG_20120813_223556.jpg

IMG_20120813_223545.jpg

IMG_20120813_223507.jpg

Horrible lighting I know, but here are a few of my additions.

Edited by MrBland

I don't know about "completist" :) The Marlboro purchase was just one of those "oppurtunity" purchases. I was after P.I.T.S. and was offered the Marlboro Lynx and pins too, couldn't pass it up :) Now I do want to get all the carts I can... so maybe a cart completist... but hey if I get offered the his and hers Lynx I probibly won't pass it up. Bitchy is really what I'm gunning for now (hint, hint to anyone owning one). I've aquired several protos and some extra games like T-Tris that I'm hoping I can use to trade to add some of the harder to find carts to my collection.

• 2 weeks later...

i want P.I.T.S. :(

I know how you feel, I want Bitchy :(

PITS was for sale on ebay not too long ago. Here is the link:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&icep_item=110932789543&ipn=psmain&icep_vectorid=229466&kwid=902099&mtid=824&kw=lg

I contacted the seller and she/he still has it and wants to sell. The ebay price was a bit high but if you offer to buy it ouside of ebay where she/he doesn't have to pay all those fees maybe you can get it for cheaper. Seller ID is lk-emsland-rj. Hope you can get it :)

Edited by MrBland

Well I have roughly 18 carts to get and I'll have achieved my milestone of collecting every released game for the Lynx. All the hard ones to get I have, now it is just knocking out the rest of the more common ones. I have a few that I need to get manuals for (that will be next on my list) and a lot that I don't have boxes for. There were a fair amount that when I started I bought new and sealed but not in a box; I can't decide if I want to go back and rebuy just for the boxes. Maybe I will eventually but the boxes aren't that important to me.

My boys and I have been having a lot of fun "lynxing" up and playing together. So far our favorite game to play multiplayer is Rampage. Personally I love RoadBlasters but with trying to master Kung Food this month RoadBlasters hasn't gotten much attention.

I am pretty excited getting near to my goal, when I reach it I post some pictures.... like a proud father showing off his kids :)

• 3 weeks later...

Alright I've reached my goal and I'm pretty proud of my collection so I have to share :-)

I don't have a room to store and display my collection (4 boys take a lot of room) so I had to lay claim to some shelves. Wife is pretty patient with me, not too much fuss over the public display.

Here is an overview:

CameraZOOM-20120922211016102.jpg

As you can tell I am really into handhelds. The main reason these days is that I love retro-gaming but am always so busy I never have a chance to sit and play. My chances come mostly in the car, or at Tae Kwon Do class, or any of the dozens of other things I find myself running my boys off to. Down times at work can be some fun momments too.

CameraZOOM-20120922211048984.jpg

My Lynx I, my first Lynx purchase. I love this device. It feels good in my hands, screen looks great, just a good solid device. I really only use the Lynx II for the flash cart or for multiplayer games.

CameraZOOM-20120922211140521.jpg

My Marlboro Lynx. I have mixed feeling on this one. I love the history and rarity, but I wish they had done a better job making them. It looks like red paint with sticker letters. When I first saw one I thought for sure it was a fake but after a little research it turns out they really did just do a shoddy job making them.

Here without too much ado is the rest of my Lynx games.

CameraZOOM-20120922211116933.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120922211241237.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120922211206790.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120922211703050.jpg

Edited by MrBland

I keep the games themselves separate in a binder. Origanally I kept them all in GameBoy cases in a packpack, but that didn't work very well. So I copied Smeghead and put all the carts in baseball cardholders with velcro to seal the tops.

CameraZOOM-20120922211726281.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120922211740067.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120922211755304.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120922211920615.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120922211936092.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120922211950224.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120922212005527.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120922212016191.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120922212039635.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120922212101906.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120922212116379.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120922212133110.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120922212147004.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120922212209715.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120922212239417.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120922212338110.jpg

CameraZOOM-20120922212745966.jpg

If there is anything you want a closer look I'll pull out and retake a photo of what ever you are curious about.

Edited by MrBland
  • Like 1