IGNORED

Battlesphere gold up for sale again.

MAYAman

Oh, forgot to mention; I LOVE that Biblesphere reference, that should really piss off at least one of the Battlesphere developers who is an admitted Athiest!

Uh, what's the difference between an "admitted" athiest and a regular athiest? Is one less superstitious than the other?

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Good point that noone on the earth is ready to put so much money for a Jaguar game...anymore.

I do hope noone will bid at that price neither as that could be the first signs of bursting of the speculative bubble on that game.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

"Like new" it's used! they should had put CIB! :roll: I got the game, I like but I wouldn't shell out $1000.00 for it.

So, as someone who owns it, how much would you pay? I'm considering making an offer but it's hard to put a real value on BSG. It's an emotional thing. No way I'd pay a grand but $400-600...maybe. Then again at those prices I don't think the came could possibly live up to my expectations.

I really wish Scatologic would put out a BSG tenth anniversary addition for charity. I think a lot of folks who missed out on the initial runs would pony up a few hundred bucks.

• Like 1

"Like new" it's used! they should had put CIB! :roll: I got the game, I like but I wouldn't shell out $1000.00 for it.

So, as someone who owns it, how much would you pay? I'm considering making an offer but it's hard to put a real value on BSG. It's an emotional thing. No way I'd pay a grand but $400-600...maybe. Then again at those prices I don't think the came could possibly live up to my expectations.

I really wish Scatologic would put out a BSG tenth anniversary addition for charity. I think a lot of folks who missed out on the initial runs would pony up a few hundred bucks.

I payed like $500. for my copy. That copy that sold for $1000.00 was for charity I think that the only reason why it sold for that much, any time you see the seller "captainawesome " that's Scatologic and it's always for charity. ;)

But would you sell it for that? ;)

I'm sure you would, but I don't think anyone that crazy to buy at $1000.00

There are people who collect to play and those who collect because, er, um.. they like toys that lose value if you even THINK about playing with them?

• Like 1

Basically, the only times I ever seemed to play it were just after I bought it, and just before I sold it. So I guess I've played it four times.

Bought it, played it, put it in storage...

played it, sold it...

bought it back, played it, stored it...

played it, sold it.

Good times!

Smeg

I payed like $500. for my copy. That copy that sold for $1000.00 was for charity I think that the only reason why it sold for that much, any time you see the seller "captainawesome " that's Scatologic and it's always for charity. ;)

And that is why I do not believe we will see a re-release of this anytime soon. He obviously has NOS and can make more for his charity by selling 2 or 3 a year than selling 15 or 20 for $200 especially when you take in the cost of having new cartridges made. There is a good chance that as he adds more copies to the Jaguar community he may not find people willing to pay this high price. Also who knows how many copies he has left.

True

I'll admit the game intrigues me with the videos I've seen of it. However, I really have issues spending that much money for one single game

Anything the game does is being done by other games...so it's no big whoop IMO.For that price, it would have to blow me away when compared against *anything* else...or at least blow me. I don't think that is unreasonable.

• Like 2

Anything the game does is being done by other games...so it's no big whoop IMO.For that price, it would have to blow me away when compared against *anything* else...or at least blow me. I don't think that is unreasonable.

It is true that there are other games like battlesphere, afterall it's a remake of another classic (star raiders).

i personally wouldn't list it as a game that's worth buying a Jaguar for but it's right on the periphery as a game that I can easily see of interest to Jaguar fans. It's rare to see a good remake of a classic, and a game that taps into the potential of a game console in ways that most other games on the platform do not. Battlesphere does both and it was release after the commercial demise of the system.

The fact that it's still as enjoyable as some of the best games in the genre today I think is enough of a consolation for a fan of the Jaguar and the genre to seek it out. I personally don't like turn and shoot games so the RTS elements in Alone Agains the Empire is the only justification I have for still digging out the game once in awhile.