IGNORED

Battlesphere gold up for sale again.

MAYAman

I saw a goodwill auction once that contained the duranik atari lynx bonus cart and various songbird lynx games with no significant description of what the games were. I also saw a Zaku loose cart for the lynx once, that is also a small print run lynx game from the modern (post 2000) era. Implausible, but not entirely impossible that BS could be a loose cart.

• Like 2

It would be fantastic to have a re-release, but I think what the issue may be nowadays would be the flip people who have spent £600-700 pounds on the game second hand would be would be immense if you can now get it for £50 or so...

That's not the issue, screw those idiots. The issue is the other idiots.

• Like 2

Other idiots?

The guys that made the game. They have no desire to do any more runs of it, nor are they willing to work with anyone to do it for them without ridiculous stipulations (if I recall correctly).

I saw a goodwill auction once that contained the duranik atari lynx bonus cart and various songbird lynx games with no significant description of what the games were. I also saw a Zaku loose cart for the lynx once, that is also a small print run lynx game from the modern (post 2000) era. Implausible, but not entirely impossible that BS could be a loose cart.

In line with what you said, I found a loose AtariAge reproduction cart out at a thrift shop once, so really, anything is possible.

The quality of the label of the Battlesphere cart in question does look a little blurry though. I had a Battlesphere on loan until just recently and the label was crystal clear--very sharp and professional looking, so it is possible this one is a fake. That, or maybe there were varying levels of label quality in the original run(s). I don't know though, I'm not terribly familiar with what went on with the manufacturing of Battlesphere carts.

• Like 2

Battle sphere $377

Mad bodies $280

Air cars $127.50

What do you guys think of those final sale prices?

Make me a little said I didn't even throw my hat in the ring for Air cars. It had a case and overlay to boot, but I forgot to watch the listing before it ended. Regardless, those prices still hurt my wallet even thinking about them.

Gaztee might have some boxes and overlays from the run he did.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

As I said in the other thread still have plenty of Aircars boxes left. Might just have to flood the market to stop sCUNThorpe trying to rip people off. Think I'll go for a reprint of the manual with a cover on it too to match the box. :)

• Like 6

As I said in the other thread still have plenty of Aircars boxes left. Might just have to flood the market to stop sCUNThorpe trying to rip people off. Think I'll go for a reprint of the manual with a cover on it too to match the box. :)

I'll take one box and one manual together when you give it a print :)

• 3 months later...

Meh. I mean, I like Battlesphere, but it's not worth $500 - c'mon.

Anyone who wants to spend this kind of money would be better off getting several other Jag games.

Then again, I buy games to play them, not to invest.

Meh. I mean, I like Battlesphere, but it's not worth $500 - c'mon.

Anyone who wants to spend this kind of money would be better off getting several other Jag games.

Then again, I buy games to play them, not to invest.

I'm 100% with you. You all may remember my recent ebay thread where I sold Atari Karts, Towers II, Skyhammer, Soccer Kid, JHL 15, Zero 5, Worms, etc etc.

I kept the carts that I only play consistently, as well as my Jag cd and pro controller.

I used the $ from those to buy other retro games that I will actually "play".

Only cart I couldn't part with newer wise was Protector SE, I love that game, Carl did great work and continues to do so.

The ST ports from CyranoJ have really brought "new life" in my Jag CD, I can't thank him and Felyx enough for their efforts.

I had the "full set", but at the end of the day even though I have many systems and games, I don't "plan" on selling any systems anytime soon. That I WOULD regret.keeping all systems and selling my games that I "dont" play often is my newest thing. And it's working perfect =)

Will always love and support the Jag!

Edited by JaguarBrett
  • Like 1

• 2 months later...

That's just insane! I'll admit that waiting for my copy of BsG all those years ago (2003!) was one of the highlights of my Jag experience...but geez.

I'm sure this has been posted before, but I can't find it: exactly how many copies of BsG and the Scatbox went out?

Edited by davidcalgary29

...Plus there are space shooters as good as BSG (several of them) you can snag on the 3DO for $20-$40 bucks.

3DO?! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, old instincts kicked in and i couldn't help myself. :evil: :P

Yeah, was watching this. Hoped to snag more Battlesphere copies for LAN'ing but it's looks like my 108 bucks just didn't cut it this time. :-D I don't think i'll be getting any more copies at the current market prices. Spewing i sold my other Battlesphere carts back in '08 - not to resell now, but to have a bigger network set-up. Oh well, at least i sold them at reasonable prices to fellow collectors, which i believe still have them now (except for Atari Smeghead whom i got the cart back again from... again ;) ).

• Like 2