IGNORED

Lynx Marketplace

So I thought I would start a thread for interesting Lynx items found for sale.

Here is my first entry-

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2007876262671?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=200787626267&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

The reason I find this interesting is the price. Isn't this game for sale NEW here:

http://www.zaku-lynx.com/

for close to half the price?

some things in life cannot be explained. but in this case i think the bidders were unaware that the game is going to be reprinted. notice there are only 2 bidders.

a short while back a copy of Zaku sold on ebay for a surprisingly low price (like $36). for any system you will a lot of price variability if you keep a close eye too.

Here is an interesting find:

http://richmond.crai...3056839731.html

This lot includes Lemmings, Roadblasters, and Xenophobe. You can see the manual for Xenophobe and other manuals are there as well. Of course this is for the Richmond, Va area, but with two cases, 23 games and all of it looking in mint condition for $140, I thought it worth mentioning. Who knows the seller might ship it if you talk to him.

I noticed these lynx pins a few days ago:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3007381372371?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300738137237&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3007381383181?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300738138318&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3007381391091?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300738139109&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3007381363221?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=300738136322&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Two things I think are worthy of notice 1st they have a very different look from the pins you can buy at Best Electronics here:

http://www.best-elec...ca.com/lynx.htm

2nd is the price. These auctions are getting ready to end and at 1.99 EUR (2.42 US) compared to up to 25 US at Best Electronics if you want to collect, these seem like a good investment.

Since I started my Lynx collection (which I confess hasn't been very long) I have never seen a complete Xenophobe, in fact finding one with a manual is rare. That is why I think this auction is worth taking note of.

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2907428217081?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=290742821708&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Now the Lynx console is not in perfect shape (row of pixels out) and the box is beat up, but if you want a complete Xenophobe this may well be worth your time.

Edit: On further review I realized that the Xenophobe manual is not pictured. But not to fear:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3209416025691?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320941602569&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Now you can still get that complete Xenophobe :)

Looks like sombody is selling off their collection:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?ff3=4&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&mpre=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.com%2Fsch%2Fm.html%3F_nkw%3DAtari%2BLynx%26_sacat%3D0%26_odkw%3D%26_osacat%3D0%26_armrs%3D1%26_ssn%3Dmisfit-toys-and-games

Looks like their best items have already sold (CyberVirus CinciClassic Edition for instance), but there are still some items that may be of interest.

Definitely thanks for posting it! I have a few-year-old topic called the Definitive Lynx Cart List where a bunch of us cataloged the various game/demos and what type of cart they were made on. Kinda cool to see a Bubble Trouble on one of Telegames' old Green PCB with the thick plastic cover over the chip. Also got to see a long-board version of Remnant.

I've been out of the scene for a while, but I see this guy sold some carts I had never heard of before, like "Puzzler 2000" and "Ding." (and someone made cart versions of the Wolf 3D demo and Star Dreamer? I wonder how the authors feel about that.)

Wish I'd have seen it earlier, as he sold a copy of Hot Dog (which is one of the few I don't have) for a really reasonable price. In fact, all of his prices are surprisingly reasonable... he's clearly not trying to gouge or run up the prices on anything. Very commendable!

Again, thanks for sharing!

Cheers,

Smeg

Edited by Atari Smeghead

I bought his Telegames titles, which seem to be a nice mix of legit releases (Bubble Trouble) and pirate batches (Fat Bobby). Puzzler 2000 rings a dim, distant bell, but I've never heard of Ding. What the heck is that? I wonder if ChrisLynx1999 can chime in here and help us.

Edit: Ok, here's what the seller had to say about Ding:

Hi, to be honest - I never played it. It's a prototype - I dont believe Atari released it. I worked for Atari for 15 years and just have a bunch of stuff that never got released.

In response to my next request that he contact the seller and ask him to send a ROM image or review the games, he said:

Sure, I will have him get you some screen shots or visit atariage site. Thanks!

I bought ding,Puzzler 2000, and a few others :) Not quite sure how to get the rom image, but as soon as I get it in the mail I'll be happy to do screen shots and review.

That's fantastic! If Ding and Puzzler turn out to be unknown, unreleased games, you'll have made the purchase of the year (if not the decade), and I'm sure that Eric or Chris or Harry will be glad to dump the ROM for you. Enjoy your games -- you'll be able to pick up those Telegames titles later (I believe that Telegames UK still has Bubble Trouble in stock). :)

I bought his Telegames titles, which seem to be a nice mix of legit releases (Bubble Trouble) and pirate batches (Fat Bobby). Puzzler 2000 rings a dim, distant bell, but I've never heard of Ding. What the heck is that? I wonder if ChrisLynx1999 can chime in here and help us.

Edit: Ok, here's what the seller had to say about Ding:

Hi, to be honest - I never played it. It's a prototype - I dont believe Atari released it. I worked for Atari for 15 years and just have a bunch of stuff that never got released.

Oh, how cool! A former Atari employee. Wow, how amazing that to this day, we are still seeing stuff like this surface!

Him being a former Atari guy, perhaps Fat Bobby is not a pirate one, but a pre-release version? Perhaps an Atari test copy? How incredible of a find would that be, and for that price, too!

I bought ding,Puzzler 2000, and a few others :) Not quite sure how to get the rom image, but as soon as I get it in the mail I'll be happy to do screen shots and review.

Cool that you picked those up! We will be excited to see some pictures, at least. Nice grab!

Cheers,

Smeg

Him being a former Atari guy, perhaps Fat Bobby is not a pirate one, but a pre-release version? Perhaps an Atari test copy? How incredible of a find would that be, and for that price, too!

I'll certainly check it out and let everyone know when I receive the cart, but I'm not holding my breath: I have a few legit Atari protos, and they don't look like that Fat Bobby cartridge...but you never know. Of his remaining stock for sale, I'd say that Loopz looks the most legit. I'm also quite curious about the Blue Lightning cartridge; I can't believe that anyone would justify the effort of burning a cart of a commonly-available, not-very-rare title, so this makes me think that it's either a variant or a legit proto with a homebrew case.

The seller is a nice guy. I hope he drops by the forums to say hello and share his experiences!

Here is an item I have been watching and was going to purchase, that is until recent events sent me over budget(see previous posts :) )

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 2710174202791?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=271017420279&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Lynx II with 26 games, case power and car adapter, as well as the battery pack. Console looks good and included in the games is Lemmings, Super Asteroids, Xenophobe and Blue Lightning demo. Worth a look especially for some one just getting into Lynx, it is like th eperfect startup pack :)

I ran across this and was intrigued:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3209454450631?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=320945445063&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

First impression is that it is a really nicely packaged Alien vs Predator proto, then I realized that it is packaged just like a Lemmings ripoff I foolishly fell for a while back. The price is nice (about 20 US), but is this just another ripoff?

Edited by MrBland

So this may be a mistake but Telegames.co.uk has Remnant listed for 0.00 plus shipping......

http://www.telegames.co.uk/shop/index.php?route=product/product&path=324_63_64&product_id=5316

Ok so it has to be a mistake right? Well I ordered one anyway just in case it is real, though I fully expect them to contact me with the correct price.

Edited by MrBland

So this may be a mistake but Telegames.co.uk has Remnant listed for 0.00 plus shipping......

http://www.telegames...product_id=5316

Ok so it has to be a mistake right? Well I ordered one anyway just in case it is real, though I fully expect them to contact me with the correct price.

Update price was a mistake (of course), now corrected. Well it was worth a try.

I recieved my order today. Now as to the much anticipated revealing of just what Ding! is.... wait for it.... it is a Lynx II Diagnostic cart, identical to one I bought from B&C Computer Visions. Ok so obviously that was a huge disapointment, but I didn't loose to much money in it and the seller was very helpful and we quickly resolved the problem. The other items I purchased look to be exactly as advertised but I'll wait to write about them until I have had more time to play with and explore them.

I recieved my order today. Now as to the much anticipated revealing of just what Ding! is.... wait for it.... it is a Lynx II Diagnostic cart, identical to one I bought from B&C Computer Visions. Ok so obviously that was a huge disapointment, but I didn't loose to much money in it and the seller was very helpful and we quickly resolved the problem. The other items I purchased look to be exactly as advertised but I'll wait to write about them until I have had more time to play with and explore them.

Well, one thing you can keep in mind is that what you have is an ORIGINAL Diagnostic cart, directly from Atari Corp, like the one that eventually got copied and sold by many. It's, in essense, a prototype of the one floating around, and that could make it valuable. It's why I considered buying his Road Riot or one of the others... even though it's the same as what we all have already, it's still "the first" and not a copy.

Incidentally, I emailed the seller about the Raiden carts he was selling, and good news for whomever bought those two copies ... they are the real release version (like what Telegames sells), and not the "CES Version 3" copy pirated all over. If I had realized it just a bit sooner, I would've bought one. I only have the crappy CES version that crashes after one play. But alas, not like I have the money to buy stuff like that anyway.

As far as Im concerned, you got a cool thing there, Blandy! :)

Cheers,

Smeg

Edited by Atari Smeghead

Are you sure his stuff is original? He seems to have an awful lot of aftermarket stuff as if he kept collecting and buying from vendors like Video 61 long after he left Atari. In fact, he specifically references Video 61 in several auctions.

Well, one thing you can keep in mind is that what you have is an ORIGINAL Diagnostic cart, directly from Atari Corp, like the one that eventually got copied and sold by many. It's, in essense, a prototype of the one floating around, and that could make it valuable. It's why I considered buying his Road Riot or one of the others... even though it's the same as what we all have already, it's still "the first" and not a copy.

Incidentally, I emailed the seller about the Raiden carts he was selling, and good news for whomever bought those two copies ... they are the real release version (like what Telegames sells), and not the "CES Version 3" copy pirated all over. If I had realized it just a bit sooner, I would've bought one. I only have the crappy CES version that crashes after one play. But alas, not like I have the money to buy stuff like that anyway.

As far as Im concerned, you got a cool thing there, Blandy! :)

Cheers,

Smeg

Are you sure his stuff is original? He seems to have an awful lot of aftermarket stuff as if he kept collecting and buying from vendors like Video 61 long after he left Atari. In fact, he specifically references Video 61 in several auctions.

Oh yeah, some of his stuff was definitely Video 61 productions. Anything with a "box" is not a proto, and from what I saw of his listings, he did a decent job of not trying to deceive anyone. I'm referring to the ones like "Ding," the two Raiden copies, Marlboro Go, Road Riot, ones like that. Obviously, I can't speak personally on anything but the Raidens, because he told me, "Both are legit real copies, that were given to me as an employee at Atari." And I take him at his word.

The others without a box looked and were labelled similarly to those Raidens, so my assumption is that they are also Atari Corp prototypes. I am hoping he comes here some day and talks to us. I'll bet he has some interesting stories. :)

Cheers,

Smeg