IGNORED

Get Lost!

Propane13

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Just wondering if this project is a done deal...because if it is ..it is a shame that no sound was input into its coding...as well as I know ALOT of work went into this game...please do not let it die here...it's almost there...just a few more steps and done.

For the record I have read the post that propane made about being at a stumbling block...but would like to know if sound is indeed coming or not...I am only requesting feedback...I am patient.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hey, quick question. Would anyone be able to try out this ROM on a new version of MAME and see if the game freezes?

I was never able to produce the freeze in emulation before, so I'm curious if it can be captured now.

All one really has to do is hit reset and then leave it alone in the background, and maybe check it after 15 minutes or so and see if it's frozen.

Regards,

-John

Hey, quick question. Would anyone be able to try out this ROM on a new version of MAME and see if the game freezes?

I was never able to produce the freeze in emulation before, so I'm curious if it can be captured now.

All one really has to do is hit reset and then leave it alone in the background, and maybe check it after 15 minutes or so and see if it's frozen.

Regards,

-John

I have a Concerto from PRGE that I could try the ROM on.

• Like 1

Regards,

-John

I'll give it a try later on tonight.

• Like 3

I have a Concerto from PRGE that I could try the ROM on.

Maybe. I'm actually unfamiliar with the Concerto... does it allow developers a way to get a stack trace / data dump if a problem occurs? My specific problem was that the last time I tried Get Lost, it would freeze on real hardware, but give no indication of any problem on emulation. Having no way to find out what happened drove me near crazy. If we have a way to figure out how we got into a bad state on the real hardware or through better emulation (by getting a data dump / stack trace somehow), then I may be able to think about revisiting this guy a little bit.

At least it would be therapeutic to know what was breaking and figure out why.

-John

• Like 4

batari is still working on some fundamental issues, so I don't think there's anything that advanced in concerto.

It would be helpful to get any and all data points on this crash. If it can be replicated using concerto or the devcart, it still may fail in a differing way to the cc2, which could be instructive.

I'm hoping to squeeze in a MAME test tonight myself.

• Like 2

John,

Here's what I've experienced thus far:

The build posted from January 27, 2013 went for over 2 hours and 11 minutes without any freezing though a variety of scenarios under MAME - Left alone for 15-30 minutes, playthrough for 30 minutes and a slew of other things in between. I finally ended the game and started reviewing this thread again.

Not really seeing any definitive confirmation of freezing from the January 27, 2013 build.

There was confirmation of freezing with earlier builds such as the November 2, 2012, and a black screen report experienced with the February 2, 2013 build.

So I decided to try the aforementioned November 2, 2012 build next. Started playing for a couple of minutes, then left the game standing for about 20 minutes, played for a couple of more minutes, and then left standing. At 0:32:14 the game evidently froze. No response from any input and a hard lock of the console under MAME:

post-18-0-42680800-1452739347_thumb.png

I can give it another go tomorrow evening. Let me know if there's something gameplay specific, or/and a specific build, you would like tested.

• Like 3

The Feb 2nd build has been running for 2.5+ hours on MAME and CC2 without a crash. (7800_32K,78BIOS)

Not sure if its intentional, but whenever you leave a room the "STA ($50,X)" instruction at EBAF attempts to write to FF01 a bunch of times. Seems to happen for every line in that last zone, and every line in the first zone on the next screen.

[edit - both MAME and CC2 ran all night, no crash. 9:59:59 on both timers]

• Like 2

The Feb 2nd build has been running for 2.5+ hours on MAME and CC2 without a crash. (7800_32K,78BIOS)

Not sure if its intentional, but whenever you leave a room the "STA ($50,X)" instruction at EBAF attempts to write to FF01 a bunch of times. Seems to happen for every line in that last zone, and every line in the first zone on the next screen.

[edit - both MAME and CC2 ran all night, no crash. 9:59:59 on both timers]

Thanks for testing. Looking back, I actually thought that I had fixed that issue in the January 26, 2013 build. I guess I didn't. I'll have to go re-check my logic and see what I missed. Thank you for the data-- it will help.

-John