IGNORED

FS: Female Scart to BNC adapter cables

thgill

I built several of these cables for forum members over at Neo-Geo.com, so I thought I would check to see if anyone on AtariAge is interested.

I have for sale several female Scart to 4 BNC adapters. They allow you to plug in a RGB Scart cable from your console into this cable and then plug in the 4 BNC connectors ( Red, Green, Blue and Composite Sync) to a Sony PVM monitor or a similar monitor (JVC broadcast type, NEC XM29 and etc). Also has a stereo audio breakout so you can plug in a regular pair of rca cables to run to your stereo or computer type speakers. It is wired Euro Scart NOT Japanese 21 pin RGB.

I can't stress enough that this is for a 15Khz capable RGB monitor that can use Composite sync. This is a completely passive device. It has no resistors or capacitors in it. You need to make sure your Scart cable is built correctly for your machine. This just lets you interface a RGB scart cable with a compatible monitor. These are not going to work on regular VGA monitors that have BNC inputs. It must be a composite sync and 15KHz capable RGB monitor.

Unless your monitor can handle composite video as sync (some can and some can't), you should make sure your Scart cable(s) is wired to composite sync for best compatibility. Otherwise you would need to install a sync stripper circuit in your scart cable to pull the sync out of the composite video.

Each of these is built to order and approx. 2 feet long. Currently I have most parts on hand with a couple more on order.

I did a run of Jaguar S-Video and RGB cables in the past (you can check the Jaguar forum), so I thought I would check to see if folks here was interested in this as well.

Price is $26 shipped in the USA.

I accept Paypal.

IMG_0386%2520%2528Medium%2529.JPG

IMG_0387%2520%2528Medium%2529.JPG

Questions? Please ask here.

Edited by thgill
  • Like 1

The XM29 can also work with just a composite sync plugged in the Horizontal input. That connection doubles as H sync or C sync.

However, the XM29 does NOT like Composite video as sync. It wants true composite sync. Many monitors like most Sony PVM's and JVC broadcast monitors can use composite video as the sync. Most Scart cables if wired to the Euro Scart spec use Composite video as the sync signal.

Quite interesting, honestly. It was something that piqued my curiosity, as I have considered getting SCART cables for every RGB capable console I have (and for ones that can be modded for it down the road, have a cable made for them). I'll do some research on how to get C-Sync set up on SCART.

I just got a Sony pvm-20m4u and I'm looking to hook up a psone, n64, nes, and snes to it. I'm pretty sure this is exactly what I'm looking for. Do you still have one available? Also, just to make sure, I need some sort of rgb to scart adapter for each system, correct?

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...