IGNORED

Atari Ethernet Cartridge -Accepting Orders

puppetmark

Finally had a chance to sit down and try this. Used a single disk contiki.atr I found somewhere in the middle of all of these topics :) Hooked it directly to the wireless router, was able to get a valid DHCP address, then nothing. I got to the router's sign-in page (you can't hit the web, wireless or not, without our access password). Time to RTFM :)

I also would like to order one Ethernet Cart, once there is another production run. (Hopefully there is!!)

I wonder if the cart works well with KMK/IDE Plus 2.0 and SpartaDos X. Anybody of the lucky ones who is able to try out this combo?

Question: I have no idea what exactly "Contiki" makes an OS, when you obviously need an AtariDos to load parts of it?! Would these binaries work in SDX too?

greetings,

\twh

I also would like to order one Ethernet Cart, once there is another production run. (Hopefully there is!!)

I wonder if the cart works well with KMK/IDE Plus 2.0 and SpartaDos X. Anybody of the lucky ones who is able to try out this combo?

Question: I have no idea what exactly "Contiki" makes an OS, when you obviously need an AtariDos to load parts of it?! Would these binaries work in SDX too?

greetings,

\twh

Currently it is not working with SDX due to a mem conflict ($D500). But the cart is configurable, so this may be able to be worked around.

Also, Contiki is a full OS. I don't think we have everything ported though. Check out some of the shots of Contiki running on the C64 though.

There seem to be loads of people that didn't get one (me for one) ... How many do you need to get a second run going? I can take two, I said one first, but if you need quantity to do it, I'll chip in a little. Do you have a list of people wanting a second run? Please put me on it, if I am not already there and adjust to two instead of one.

Thanks and please try to make a second run

There seem to be loads of people that didn't get one (me for one) ... How many do you need to get a second run going? I can take two, I said one first, but if you need quantity to do it, I'll chip in a little. Do you have a list of people wanting a second run? Please put me on it, if I am not already there and adjust to two instead of one.

Thanks and please try to make a second run

I will add you to the list for the second run. I will do my best to get them made. Like many of these types of projects, the issue is actually time. It's takes a good deal of time to solder the boards, machine the cases and assemble everything. Not to mention the time to process orders and shipping.

regardless, I am very happy about the responce and the interest of the project and I am looking into how to redesign the circuit board in order to have the boards and the cases manufactured for me, so all I have to do is the final assembly. All long as I can make this financially feasable, I should be able to make as many as we would need. I should have the info I need very soon.

Are you looking into the position of the cable that was mentioned here? I mean if you re-design, make it stick out on the side instead? Possible?

I will look into it. I am not sure how that will effect the XE machines. what ever we decide to do, there has to be only one version. In manufaturing terms, even 200 more carts is a small run, so having one version for the XEs and one for the XLs is probably not going to cost effective enough.

Received mine. Not played with it yet.

A small disappointment was that it was sent as "computer interface", which immediately triggers an alarm when such an item crosses the Dutch border and so it'll be classified as new PC equipment so the max. possible import fee will be added.

Basically it's just that, a computer interface, but in cases like this it's better to use "commercial sample", "other" or even just "gift" as description.

Received mine. Not played with it yet.

A small disappointment was that it was sent as "computer interface", which immediately triggers an alarm when such an item crosses the Dutch border and so it'll be classified as new PC equipment so the max. possible import fee will be added.

Basically it's just that, a computer interface, but in cases like this it's better to use "commercial sample", "other" or even just "gift" as description.

Me too! I had to pay 17 euro!!!!!

And Another thing I can't get it working. Probably doing something wrong, but the interface is getting a wrong IP address. Don't know how to fix that.

I'll wait for some more documentation.

Ah... I found what I did wrong.... had to safe the right config on the telnet disk.

But eh... is it my setup or is telnet at everyones place having this incredible keyboard-lag?

I tried bootfactory, thunderdome and my own bbs. I simply can not type faster than 1 character per second! If I go faster it skips characters.

Is this my setup, or a problem with the telnet program?

Thanks

M.

Ah... I found what I did wrong.... had to safe the right config on the telnet disk.

But eh... is it my setup or is telnet at everyones place having this incredible keyboard-lag?

I tried bootfactory, thunderdome and my own bbs. I simply can not type faster than 1 character per second! If I go faster it skips characters.

Is this my setup, or a problem with the telnet program?

Thanks

M.

Ive noticed lag during typing also.

Ive noticed lag during typing also.

Ah good to read...

By the way, now I saw my own comment.... I did type lag indeed, but I meant: losing characters!

A lag would be not so bad (although a bit annoying) but it simply skips characters on typing fast.

Strange enough the ENTER/RETURN key is always accepted at once...

I had to pay too but in my case it wasn't seller's fault.

Custom declaration was perfect (value and content correctly written on it).

But if Swiss customs decide for whatever reason to open a package to inspect it, buyer must pay a fee!

I don't think it's fair.

Same here in the UK, word from the man at the postal office was that generally items from the Far East get away with it but from U.S. to the U.K. they'll pick up on them more often than not. Big pity was that although the customs cost was £3.81, Royal Mail then add an £8 'handling' charge... not a bad money spinner for them ;)