IGNORED

Atari Ethernet Cartridge -Accepting Orders

puppetmark

A more updated thread would be:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/211161-dragoncart-software/?hl=%20ip65&do=findComment&comment=2734492

Basically, I trashed the old C stack, and converted the apple IP65 stack over. I implemented a telnet for that stack, which seems to work great, and the stack fits in about 10k of ram. Seems very usuable. I plan on writing a R: driver this fall/winter. Still looking for deveopers, I have some carts to give away for people who are willing to do some development.

You can find the software in that thread.

Edited by danwinslow

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

You'd need a Telnet application. I released a demo version of one with the original version of the dragoncart, and it works for the most part, but it's not really a finished product. I am rewriting all the dragoncart software right now. A finished Telnet application for the dragoncart is probably around a year away, unless someone gets adventurous and writes their own using the dragoncart driver. I expect to be releasing the driver itself and supporting documentation sometime in early 2016.

• Like 1

You'd need a Telnet application. I released a demo version of one with the original version of the dragoncart, and it works for the most part, but it's not really a finished product. I am rewriting all the dragoncart software right now. A finished Telnet application for the dragoncart is probably around a year away, unless someone gets adventurous and writes their own using the dragoncart driver. I expect to be releasing the driver itself and supporting documentation sometime in early 2016.

Thanks for the reply. I don't mind waiting, that's not a problem, but would something like an 800XL + Dragoncart + Bobterm get me going? Sorry, in the noob zone here. :)

No, bobterm ( I assume ) is a serial communications program, which means it goes over old school serial communications, i.e., modems and dialup phonelines and stuff. The dragoncart is an ethernet adapter, which means that it uses a network connection, as your PC does. Unfortunately, modems and dial up isn't really happening anymore. However, you CAN set up a serial connection to your PC and use a PC side program to 'emulate' a modem and that way you can do telnet connections over simulated serial, and I understand that works pretty well. You'll need a sio2pc connector and a PC side connection program. I have used the APE utilities, which you can find at http://www.atarimax.com/. He also sells the sio2pc connector. There are other ways to do this, but APE is the only one with which I am familiar.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

HI Paul. This is actually an old thread, the original cartridge run is all sold out except for a few I'm selling on Ebay. I'm selling them for more than the original run was for ( 90$ vs. $50 ), but if you really want one they're available. Be advised you can use the Altirra emulator's dragoncart emulation if you just want to mess around with Contiki and so forth, but that would work just as well with a real machine and a cart.

• 7 months later...

I have one of the c64 wifi carts. They are expensive but mine works great. Once you initially set it up, it is ready to go whenever you turn the 64 on. It has a built-in connection menu so you can connect to BBSs through the terminal mode of your telecom program. Pretty slick stuff. I am suprised something similar has not been made for A8.

• Like 2

would be cool to be able to run an old school atari bbs on atari hardware (with no pc hardware involved) using this... is it possible?

This is already possible with the lantronix modem. It can be connected to your Atari 850 or other RS232 interface. Have run a BBS for a few years using this, and there are BBS's around still using this. No PC or MAC involved!

• Like 1