IGNORED

Retro Gamer Issue 105

Considering who wrote the article, I'm sure it would be a fun game of "spot the factual errors".

In other words, no thanks.

Given this particular authors history, finding out who originally 'wrote the article' could be a fun game in and of itself.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Considering who wrote the article, I'm sure it would be a fun game of "spot the factual errors".

In other words, no thanks.

Hmmm would that be the same idiot who wrote the Amiga 1000/500 article claiming the 500 had more advanced improved chipset? LOL It's the same F^%$ing shit from A1000 1985 minus a WOM memory area and a new case and PSU on the floor with power switch (how elegant NOT)

Hmmm would that be the same idiot who wrote the Amiga 1000/500 article claiming the 500 had more advanced improved chipset? LOL It's the same F^%$ing shit from A1000 1985 minus a WOM memory area and a new case and PSU on the floor with power switch (how elegant NOT)

Wow, how does a guy like that still stay employed at a British computer mag? I already have a RG issue that discussed the history of the ST, it's mainly an interview with the designer Shiraz Shivji.

Wow, how does a guy like that still stay employed at a British computer mag? I already have a RG issue that discussed the history of the ST, it's mainly an interview with the designer Shiraz Shivji.

Hi. What issue was that? I wouldn't mind reading it. Thanks!

Issue 58... It had a holiday themed cover that said "Festive Special" with space aliens on it.

Thanks. Any idea where I could download a pdf version, or buy it? Google searches bring up

lots of stuff, but the sites either don't go to issue 58, magically miss it, or they make it super

fantastically hard to obtain it.

• 3 weeks later...

Issue 58... It had a holiday themed cover that said "Festive Special" with space aliens on it.

Thanks. Any idea where I could download a pdf version, or buy it? Google searches bring up

lots of stuff, but the sites either don't go to issue 58, magically miss it, or they make it super

fantastically hard to obtain it.

Ebay UK

or underground gamer (has most issues)

• 2 weeks later...

It only took me an hour to be the first person in the world to confirm with evidence the exact release date of the PAL Commodore 64 release in 1982, add to this stupid pathetic comments like the "A500 with improved chipset over the Amiga 1000" and I went right off the Retro Gamer magazine long long ago. I could, and will, write a more entertaining and factually correct retro e-mag for free. Just waiting for some famous people to respond with content as promised and then we can publish our first issue :)

Edited by macgoo

Most of us who write are contract writers, the only people on staff are the ones listed in the front of the mag (each one has a little caricature.) As for the ST, I have yet to see a full and accurate history in the mag.

I could, and will, write a more entertaining and factually correct retro e-mag for free. Just waiting for some famous people to respond with content as promised and then we can publish our first issue :)

Nonesense, the articles I've written for the mag or fact checked have been extremely accurate. As for this article and the author, can't comment, just had time to glance over it and not fully read through it, but I do know the author is passionate on the subject. The only error I did pick up on quickly glancing through it was the claim that Jack approached Warner about buying Atari Consumer Division when it was the other way around. Steve Ross cold called Jack. But there's no way the author could have known that, as it's not been in print before AFAIK.

Most of us who write are contract writers, the only people on staff are the ones listed in the front of the mag (each one has a little caricature.) As for the ST, I have yet to see a full and accurate history in the mag.

Nonesense, the articles I've written for the mag or fact checked have been extremely accurate. As for this article and the author, can't comment, just had time to glance over it and not fully read through it, but I do know the author is passionate on the subject. The only error I did pick up on quickly glancing through it was the claim that Jack approached Warner about buying Atari Consumer Division when it was the other way around. Steve Ross cold called Jack. But there's no way the author could have known that, as it's not been in print before AFAIK.

Well, considering that Mr Tramiel was a 'free agent', not surpising that Mr Ross had him on his roladex (an american concept i beleive)

As for this article and the author, can't comment, just had time to glance over it and not fully read through it, but I do know the author is passionate on the subject. The only error I did pick up on quickly glancing through it was the claim that Jack approached Warner about buying Atari Consumer Division when it was the other way around. Steve Ross cold called Jack. But there's no way the author could have known that, as it's not been in print before AFAIK.

The author of the ST article in question is the same person who was caught trying to pass himself off as the author of quite a few Spectrum and ST games that he had nothing at all to do with. Just look up old posts for the former AA member "The_Laird". Here's just one of the threads where he was caught lying:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/91776-the-best-8-bit-gaming-computer/page__st__25#entry1118890

Not the kind of person I'd want writing for anything I published.

Well I guess some people just can't 'move on in life' and pride themselves in dredging up tired old arguments that practically no-one else other than themselves are interested in going over again....BORING

Oh Carmel, Carmel, Carmel! I think that even you can see the irony in your use of the word BORING!

Edited by Christos
  • Like 2

Well I guess some people just can't 'move on in life' and pride themselves in dredging up tired old arguments that practically no-one else other than themselves are interested in going over again....BORING

Dredging up tired old arguments? Really?? There's nothing at all wrong with informing people of an author's lack of credibility. If I'm paying money to read something, I'd like to know that what I'm reading was written by a credible author. The person in question has absolutely no credibility whatsoever, and I think it's necessary for people to know that. Maybe you should rethink your own credibility when claiming something such as this is BORING.

• Like 1