IGNORED

Frogger II Proto

Cold Slither

Hi, I've been lurking here for a while, but finally have something to show the board. In a trade, I recently got ahold of what appears to be a Frogger II proto for the 2600. I seached the board for info on other Frogger II protos, but it seems that the only one was a finished version of the game in prototype form (RLS 2) where as this is a RLS 1 and has an earlier date. I played it on my Jr., but couldn't really tell any difference in gameplay since I've never played the finished Frogger II. I was able to reach the third board before giving up. Here's a picture of it. I don't know if I want to knock a hole in the label or peel it off to open it up to take pictures of the board. One of the little legs that pushes the cart slot open is broken off, but my Jr. didn't care. Is this thing worth anything?

post-33387-0-39642600-1342480195_thumb.jpg

Great find!

Please don't damage the sticker.

Play the finished version on an emulator or online here (click on Play It!):

http://www.atarimani...edeep_7889.html

8)

Thanks for the link. I'll be able to compare them, but sounds like there won't be much difference. I might as well leave the sticker on then since there's no reason to show off the board at this time.

I got the game in a trade with a game store. They told me to see if I could do anything with it.

Bit of an update here. I played the proto side-by-side with the online version on a Tele-Games Light Sixer. At first, I was like "Whoa, the colors are all different! It's actually not the same!" Alas, I put Missle Command in the system and its colors were all wonky as well. The system was messed up. I put it in a Vader and it was back to normal. I can't tell any difference between the versions.