IGNORED

A Complete Odyssey 2 Game Collection

mtshark7

I am not sure if I should start another thread to ask this but it does pertain to a complete collection so here goes...

Does anybody know exactly what documentation was included with the older O2 consoles? I know there is the "Wonderful World of Odyssey" packet and that is pretty well documented but I don't think the early models included it.

I have had several and most included the following:

Instruction Manual

Warranty sheet

Service sheet

Registration card

Some included one of the game catalogs too.

Was there anything else?

• 5 weeks later...

Heh, the Imagic games turned up at a yard sale near my parents' house probably around a decade ago, $2 + an Odyssey 300 pong unit. Still one of my best finds in the wild :)

I had a former coworker who found an O2 in her attic with a bunch of boxed games, and she just gave them to me... I found a few stragglers at a flea market and a couple game stores around Detroit that stocked pre-NES titles. And then finally, Killer Bees I picked up via Facebook and Wall Street on ebay (I had seen it in shops, but never when I was in a position to pull the trigger). I've accepted I'll probably have to hit ebay for Power Lords at a decent price tag, but that's still pretty good for a system I didn't get until around 02, 03. If only I could complete my 7800 set so quickly!

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

Sorry to resurrect an older thread.

New O2 collector here and I have a question about model differences. I purchased what I think is a later O2 model with the attached joysticks. However, the model I purchased has the Odyssey 2 logo on (what seems to be) a plate on the upper left of the console... most of the ones I see online seem to have the logo screen printed directly on the console. Also, the box doesn't seem to say Magnavox anywhere.

Could someone explain the lineage of this model? Is it the last model released? Released for a different market? Just curious.

Thanks!

You probably have model BC7600 GY02 with the raised logo, rough keyboard, standard RF cable,barrel type power adapter and black attached controllers. Look under the console and there might be a small sticker with that code on it. I do believe these were later releases (1983 or so) and if you open up the console there is usually a date stamped on the inside of the bottom cover.

You also have a later box type that was made when Phillips had a more direct hand in the Odyssey here in the U. S.

There are actually 8 or 9 different models (I have 3) but all play US Odyssey games the same as far as I can tell.

Welcome to the O2 club and post some pics of what you have if you can.

Thanks metarog! I appreciate the information!

I don't have the system in hand yet (it's in the mail as we speak), but the picture I have of it has the model number as BC7600 GT02. It looks like it doesn't say Magnavox above the power button either. Interesting that the later ones omitted the Magnavox name altogether.

• 5 weeks later...

Wow it's funny seeing an old thread of mine, lol. I now own an entire complete us Odyssey 2 collection.

I plan to do a collection video of it on my YouTube channel sometime this month (just waiting on a few games to come in the mail).

I'll link the video here once I push out the video.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I made the video last night and had it rendering overnight. ..then Windows 10 thought it was am excellent idea to reset due to updates. ..now I'm back re rendering it :-( it wouldn't be soo bad if 5 minutes of video didn't take 1 hour to render!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk