IGNORED

Infocom Suspended "Mask"

I've acquired some Atari 8-bit diskette sets. I thought since I collect mainly cartridges I'd see who might be interested in some of these.

The prize of the collection is the Infocom Suspended "Masked" version. These have been untouched for 25 years.

This is the one of the best copies I have seen. I don't think it was used.

Please PM me if you're interested in it. I would love to trade for A8 cartridges if possible.

post-27608-0-68980900-1342746711_thumb.jpg

post-27608-0-46504300-1342746720_thumb.jpg

post-27608-0-11832000-1342746730_thumb.jpg

post-27608-0-14777000-1342746741_thumb.jpg

post-27608-0-33626700-1342746750_thumb.jpg

post-27608-0-40911000-1342746759_thumb.jpg

Not true! I played The Lurking Horror and Enchanter on my 130XE for quite awhile last fall, and have AH's Lords of Karma on a multi-cart (and actually do play it from time to time). I must say that I was quite impressed with Infocom's latter-day parser, and only wish that they could have continued to produce games. I'd definitely buy another text adventure from Activision if they released an Infocom title (as long as they included some 'feelies' in the package).

A while back, I loaded a bunch of them onto one of those little HP Palmtop computers. I had won the thing in some raffle or other and never really used it. Some brave and kind soul had build frotz for it.

Tossed it in the back of the car where the kids proceeded to play the classics for hours. Well, it was a mini-van at the time. For a good year or so, that thing and several sets of "just in case" batteries were present and used on many a family trip. My oldest would often read it to the others, then asking "what do we want to do", with shouts of leave, get, east! LOL!! She would filter that out, input something, and then repeat for miles and miles. I really should have recorded that.

I love those things and will play the IF entries from time to time today. Lots of fun. As you said, awesome!

You know, somebody needs to take the classics and add aural presentation! Can you imagine ZORK with Dolby Surround? Even plain old stereo would be really cool. I would totally play it.

Not true! I played The Lurking Horror and Enchanter on my 130XE for quite awhile last fall, and have AH's Lords of Karma on a multi-cart (and actually do play it from time to time). I must say that I was quite impressed with Infocom's latter-day parser, and only wish that they could have continued to produce games. I'd definitely buy another text adventure from Activision if they released an Infocom title (as long as they included some 'feelies' in the package).

Well, we might play it but I mean yank some kid off his Xbox and show it to him.

These sell quite consistently for around $150 on eBay. This one is in very good condition, but I'm not sure how much that would affect the price.

Oh, I think it would sell for more. I haven't seen a 'masked' Suspended for the A8 in more than 25 years.

I've seen a couple on ebay in the past few years. I tend to think they could fetch over $200 in excellent shape.

Before I hit eBay, I thought to check the board to see if anyone wanted to trade for it, etc. I can see how these masks wouldn't make it very long. They're thin and delicate. Most I would think got crushed, etc. It's a great find, but I don't collect disks (it's hard enough to colect all the A8 carts). :)

Well, we might play it but I mean yank some kid off his Xbox and show it to him.

See, I think the problem is that no one has thought to adapt popular arcade games into text adventures. Just think of what you could do with Pac-Man Arcade!

>You are in a maze.

You see:

Dots

Improved graphics

Clyde

>GO NORTH

>I don't understand cardinal directions.

Clyde is advancing! He has pupils!

>UP

>What are you talking about?

Clyde has almost reached you! He has an uzi!

>GO F**K YOURSELF

>That is physically impossible.

You have died! (cheerful music plays)

See, I think the problem is that no one has thought to adapt popular arcade games into text adventures. Just think of what you could do with Pac-Man Arcade!

Converting Pac-Man to an authentic (monotonous) text adventure would be awesome.

Doubt I have anything in my for sale/trade list that you want, but I've been looking for a reasonable Mask version for awhile (that isn't a bajillion bucks)

Yea, I wish it weren't the case. I'm down to some really hard to get carts now. If no one speaks up it hits eBay next week I'm afraid.