IGNORED

AdamCon 24 live broadcast

hardhat

Coool stuff! thanks for sharing the youtube videos! hopefully there will be more videos posted of adamcon?

Russ

Hope so!

I was capturing Daniel's panel about making Music on CV .... But I was getting so captivated that I stop recording and focusing on its presentation ...... Sorry, That was a selfish decision from me, as I wanted to hear everything he was saying...

Bob's panel was also really interesting, but I did'nt know (at that point) , if I could record video of panels...

Now, Bob should already know that I want this damn prototype for the museum!

Bob is really a funny man! I already like him

Hey Bob, were's my SD cart? .. .... I think somebody stole it! ? ;) :P

Coool stuff! thanks for sharing the youtube videos! hopefully there will be more videos posted of adamcon?

Russ

Hope so!

I was capturing Daniel's panel about making Music on CV .... But I was getting so captivated that I stop recording and focusing on its presentation ...... Sorry, That was a selfish decision from me, as I wanted to hear everything he was saying...

Bob's panel was also really interesting, but I did'nt know (at that point) , if I could record video of panels...

Coool! i'll have to watch what video may exist of Dan's music demonstration! I'm going to be working on CV Tracker for the next week to prepare the first release of the tool and am hoping to understand the coleco music format better for the export to coleco function i'm coding into CV Tracker! Cant wait to see Dan in action!

It was awesome seeing video of you showing off the new games JF! the arcade controller looked great when you see the scale of it in person from the video! nice work!

Russ

• Like 2

Here's 3 guys you won't see offen in the same picture!

Was really happy to be able to capture this moment

From Left to Right:

Luc Miron aka: Pixelboy --- J-F Dupuis aka retroillucid | CollectorVision --- Daniel Bienvenu aka: NewColeco

Finally! Faces with the names that I have been seeing for the last couple of years.

• Like 1

From Left to Right:

Luc Miron aka: Pixelboy --- J-F Dupuis aka retroillucid | CollectorVision --- Daniel Bienvenu aka: NewColeco

Finally! Faces with the names that I have been seeing for the last couple of years.

That's what I thought actually, people wanted to see those Canadian Homebrewers faces!

Even if you can't see others Canadian homebrewers like Steve Begin, Dale Wick and Guy Foster...... Hope I did not forgot any Canadian CV Homebrewers out there!

Wished Dale Wick was in this photo, but I was too shy to ask him to be part of photo

Sorry Dale, you know now how shy I am ..........

From Left to Right:

That's what I thought actually, people wanted to see those Canadian Homebrewers faces!

Even if you can't see others Canadian homebrewers like Steve Begin, Dale Wick and Guy Foster...... Hope I did not forgot any Canadian CV Homebrewers out there!

Wished Dale Wick was in this photo, but I was too shy to ask him to be part of photo

Hello from an inactive Canadian CV homebrewer. ;)

edit: Like the president and vice-president, I'm surprised all 3 of you are allowed to be in the same place at the same time. :)

Edited by 5-11under
  • Like 2

From Left to Right:

Hello from an inactive Canadian CV homebrewer. ;)

edit: Like the president and vice-president, I'm surprised all 3 of you are allowed to be in the same place at the same time. :)

Damn! I knew I will fogot someone!

Geez! How I can forgot THE MAN that make it all posssible!

Man! ......Please Welcome, Harvey Dekleine wich IS THE MAN that made ALL possible including, Team Pixelboy games ..

5-11under, DESERVED ALOT more than that, because, you know, he is the hardware Wizard

So, be sure to leave him some good +1 ...but also ALOT of thanks!

Harvey, I love you like a brother!

Cheers buddy!

From Left to Right:

One moment, i thought it was the Dalton's Brother , but no...one is missing!

daltons.gif

:)

• Like 1

Today's schedule

9:30 Hands on Assembly Lanuguage - Dale Wick

11:00 Monkeying with Adam hardware - Bob Slopsema

12:00 Lunch

1:00 ANN meeting - Bob Slopsema

2:00 Decoding AdamNET - Dale Wick

2:30 Bowling Physics Engine in 3.57MHz - Dale Wick

3:00 Hands on OS7 format Chiptunes composition - Daniel Bienvenu

4:00 Mighty Mitchell Award competition - Jim Notini

5:00 leave for banquet

9:00 group photo

9:30 passing of the banner.

http://www.stickam.com/hardhatpsp

Today's schedule

4:00 Mighty Mitchell Award competition - Jim Notini

http://www.stickam.com/hardhatpsp

Huh??? Seeing as I'm currently about 1,000 miles southwest of where ADAMcon 24 is being held and getting ready for a house full of family and friends for my daughter's birthday party, I don't see how I could be giving a seminar at the convention. I know at times that I truly amaze myself with how much I can accomplish simultaneously (you know, pick my nose and scratch my butt type of stuff)... but I don't think I could even pull this one off. :grin:

Unless this is something else all together. Well, seeing as I might be a too bit busy to watch the live webcam, someone please video this as my interest is peaked!

Hi Jim,

Well, according to our records, you won the Mighty Mitchell Award last year, and so are responsible for organizing it this year. I organized on your behalf. This year was a poetry writing competition. You had to write a Haiku, which is a 3 line poem with the first line with 5 syllables, the second line with 7 syllables and the third line with 5 syllables. Here are the submitted poems:

Coleco Adam

Friends Family Convention

Defunct? No! Alive!

Broken arm or not

Quebec, amis, we're en route

ADAMCON or BUST!

9 hour road trip

new friends and old are meeting

ColecoVision

I came to ADAMcon

and saw my friends and an ADAM

left for home weary boned

Sony Nintendo

Apple PC all will fail

NOT A COLECO

ColecoVision

your vision is our vision

our passion for years.

LD A, 24

INC A; one more ADAMCON

JMP SeeYouNextYear

AND THE WINNER IS

Rin with poem 1.

As a special footnote to the event coverage, I would like to mention that the Arcade Controller that J-F left behind, which was used as the main prize in the raffle on Sunday, helped to bring in some much-needed money, which was used to pay some restaurant bills. Thanks J-F! According to Bob, you pretty much saved us from going into the red this year! ;) I'm so sorry I didn't win the controller... :_(

Also, I would like to mention that I will be posting a Team Pixelboy News Bulletin tonight, with lots of juicy news bits. I wanted to do it yesterday evening, but I arrived home from Quebec city well after midnight, and I needed to go to bed right away since I had to go to work as usual this morning. So do drop by the AA forum tonight for some very exciting news! :D

• Like 2

J-F !!!! You KNOW that was my cartridge and you just slipped it into your own pocket!!!! ;) BTW, Meeka -Doug's wife won the controller you brought as a raffle prize, of course, Doug is kind of kissing up to here so he can use it, but that is life. THAT was one AWESOME gift you brought for the big raffle THANK YOU !!!! AND it raised more that a few hundred dollars to support the convention!!! You guys are GREAT !!! [bob]

Russ

Hope so!

• Like 1

J-F !!!! You KNOW that was my cartridge and you just slipped it into your own pocket!!!! ;) BTW, Meeka -Doug's wife won the controller you brought as a raffle prize, of course, Doug is kind of kissing up to here so he can use it, but that is life. THAT was one AWESOME gift you brought for the big raffle THANK YOU !!!! AND it raised more that a few hundred dollars to support the convention!!! You guys are GREAT !!! [bob]

If you need the next convention and possibly the one after that completed funded and then some... sell me the 3 1/4" Dual Floppy Disk Drive enclosure! :P No, seriously. :D

Also, in one of your presentations, you discussed a contact that you made with the person that wrote the ADAM Owner's Manuals (I think this was what I heard you say seeing as the audio was in and out for most of the convention including this presentation). I, and I'm sure many others, would love to hear or read about contacts like this that you have been so fortunate to make over the years through all your hard work, keeping the torch lit while so many others moved on and maintaining a website that gives you great visibility. Any chance of something like this coming to fruition.

SEE?? I can't let go of the drive.....first of all, it is only a single drive with the wire wrapped prototype board next to it in the case (which fits into the cover slots on the ADAM even.....) Besides J-F wants it too, so I can't have you two fighting for it, sadly I will just have to keep it, I guess. :grin:

YES, I have been in contact with the original SmartBASIC manual author and HAVE his disks on the subject. Written on a Televideo 805 proprietary 500k drive; stored in an attic for 29 years...............have not been able to crack into them yet, but DID present the emails at ADAMcon 24 and the gang got a kick out of his emails. Remind me when I get home this weekend to post them on AtariAge. the guy contacted me thru the ANN website and was blown away that anyone still used the ADAM and that it was still alive!!!

If you need the next convention and possibly the one after that completed funded and then some... sell me the 3 1/4" Dual Floppy Disk Drive enclosure! :P No, seriously. :D

Also, in one of your presentations, you discussed a contact that you made with the person that wrote the ADAM Owner's Manuals (I think this was what I heard you say seeing as the audio was in and out for most of the convention including this presentation). I, and I'm sure many others, would love to hear or read about contacts like this that you have been so fortunate to make over the years through all your hard work, keeping the torch lit while so many others moved on and maintaining a website that gives you great visibility. Any chance of something like this coming to fruition.

SEE?? I can't let go of the drive.....first of all, it is only a single drive with the wire wrapped prototype board next to it in the case (which fits into the cover slots on the ADAM even.....) Besides J-F wants it too, so I can't have you two fighting for it, sadly I will just have to keep it, I guess. :grin:

YES, I have been in contact with the original SmartBASIC manual author and HAVE his disks on the subject. Written on a Televideo 805 proprietary 500k drive; stored in an attic for 29 years...............have not been able to crack into them yet, but DID present the emails at ADAMcon 24 and the gang got a kick out of his emails. Remind me when I get home this weekend to post them on AtariAge. the guy contacted me thru the ANN website and was blown away that anyone still used the ADAM and that it was still alive!!!

Ah, J-F has enough toys and one of a kind stuff to keep him busy until the end of days, plus he doesn't even like the color of the ADAM!!! BTW, I included a pic of an ADAM that he just might like a bit more. :grin:

As far as those Televideo disks, I think I heard you say that you are able to read some type of directory structure on them, but haven't had any luck actually pulling of the files or viewing them. Have you tried using an Editor program on an old PC (something with block edit options similar to File Manager on the ADAM) that would allow you to load and view a Block or range of Blocks and view the contents. If it works then you could save the contents to a text file and then transfer the new file(s) to another computer. Just a shot in the dark seeing as some of these old disk formats could be tough to read in even with the likes of 22Disk without the actual hardware that was used to create it and then you would need to track down someone that owns this old system in working order and hope he would help out. Ah, the thrill of the chase!

Anyhow, that will be awesome to be able to read thru this email conversation when you get the chance to put everything together. Stuff like this is what makes our hobby so much fun.

Also, I would like to mention that I will be posting a Team Pixelboy News Bulletin tonight, with lots of juicy news bits. I wanted to do it yesterday evening, but I arrived home from Quebec city well after midnight, and I needed to go to bed right away since I had to go to work as usual this morning. So do drop by the AA forum tonight for some very exciting news! :D

Quick update: I barely had time to catch up to all my e-mail and other things last night before a severe thunderstorm hit the Montreal area. I prefer to unplug my computer from the wall socket during thunderstorms (better paranoid than sorry) so I didn't have any time to prepare the news bulletin. Tonight, I have to prepare a package, drop it off at the post office and then go to the gym, so I'm not sure I'll have time to post anything tonight. Sorry for the wait, but there's only so much I can do with the time I have. :(