IGNORED

Cloak & Dagger

doomwaves

I got an e-mail forwarded to me from a friend of Dave's last month. He is still working on the project:

Here are the four forklift images that I created (I still need to draw the fifth image). The other 11 images will be mirror images of these five, reflected vertically, horizontally, or both.

I've also enclosed before-and-after images of Level 31 to give you an idea of how much better the box compressors and framework looks. You may need to zoom in with Paint to really appreciate how much better the new ones look.

And a few more levels I have finished.

Dave

• Like 2

Someone has uploaded the whole thing on youtube, in like 12 parts... If you can't find a copy, that may be a route you could take..

1 part, full film, fantastic flick, still holds up, I also wanted the game "cartridge" back in 1984, never heard of tape except cassette games here!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbLBia-vRQk

It was filmed in Henry Thomas' hometown of San Antonio, Texas.

Edited by TrekkiELO
  • Like 1

Well, fuzz nuggets.

Pardon my vulgarity.

On a positive note. I ordered the DVD as part of a two-pack with The Wizard from amazon recently. It should arrive any day now. It only cost about $5.50 from a 3rd party seller; so if anyone wants one, check it out.

Bad news folks. It appears that the programmer has given up on finishing C&D. I don't know the reasons behind his decision, but I imagine he's too busy.

Then the respectable thing to do would be to hand over the incomplete ROM and any other necessary files so someone can finish the project.

Bad news folks. It appears that the programmer has given up on finishing C&D. I don't know the reasons behind his decision, but I imagine he's too busy.

Well at least we have some closure on it.

Even though this is the last known un-finished game from atari that was being worked on, you never know what might pop up in the future from some else.

Allan

Seeing all these C&D shots from the movie (suspect from the DVD), I have the movie in HD, and did screen grabs from it for this thread. Interesting to see in high resolution some of the things that I saw such as:

CD1 (image name): the bubbling under the label (and towards the top of the label you can see how thick it is)

CD3: The Cloak and Dagger box, you can see it was a label (or print out) pasted over the front of another Atari game box. But the label is crooked, look to the upper left and follow the horizontal edge and you'll see it's offset. even the logo looks offset.

CD4/5: Jungle Hunt and Pole Position posters

CD6: Atari 2800 Japanese poster in background; stack of cartridges between Davey and Kim (just below Jungle Hunt, you'll see handwritten "Locomotion" and 2 handwritten "Tempest" spine names.

CD7: crop of CD6 but lightened up so you can see Tempest hand written names.

CD8-10: Secret bomber stuff. On the warning screen, on the left of the eagle, the block of text was illegible (thinking it's placeholder icons that represent text)

CD11: Cloak and Dagger box with the label that also isn't fitting properly, but also that it's an Atari Football box

post-1159-0-02940800-1355254952_thumb.jpg

post-1159-0-51952300-1355254953_thumb.jpg

post-1159-0-14749400-1355254955_thumb.jpg

post-1159-0-84859800-1355254956_thumb.jpg

post-1159-0-48841900-1355254959_thumb.jpg

post-1159-0-31898200-1355254961_thumb.jpg

post-1159-0-36197800-1355254962_thumb.jpg

post-1159-0-60062400-1355254963_thumb.jpg

post-1159-0-80897000-1355254964_thumb.jpg

post-1159-0-91023000-1355254965_thumb.jpg

post-1159-0-81723700-1355254973_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the pictures. I started a thread with similar pictures discussing some of this a few years ago. With the HD pictures now we can see more. I never noticed the boxes on the bottom of the shelve in the 'Backroom' of the store. Cool to see Locomotion. It must have been further along then previously thought. Hopefully it will show up one day. There is a picture of the front on the Net but no prototype has been found yet.

Allan

Edited by Allan

Seeing all these C&D shots from the movie (suspect from the DVD), I have the movie in HD, and did screen grabs from it for this thread. Interesting to see in high resolution some of the things that I saw such as:

CD1 (image name): the bubbling under the label (and towards the top of the label you can see how thick it is)

CD3: The Cloak and Dagger box, you can see it was a label (or print out) pasted over the front of another Atari game box. But the label is crooked, look to the upper left and follow the horizontal edge and you'll see it's offset. even the logo looks offset.

CD4/5: Jungle Hunt and Pole Position posters

CD6: Atari 2800 Japanese poster in background; stack of cartridges between Davey and Kim (just below Jungle Hunt, you'll see handwritten "Locomotion" and 2 handwritten "Tempest" spine names.

CD7: crop of CD6 but lightened up so you can see Tempest hand written names.

CD8-10: Secret bomber stuff. On the warning screen, on the left of the eagle, the block of text was illegible (thinking it's placeholder icons that represent text)

CD11: Cloak and Dagger box with the label that also isn't fitting properly, but also that it's an Atari Football box

Ahhhhh, getting that game like the first picture from Atariage....

• 1 month later...