IGNORED

Forgotten FPS Games - Part 1

A game might've been fairly popular a decade ago, but easily forgotten now. No One Lives Forever is pretty much forgotten, but I was glad to see it mentioned, along with Thief.

SiN, on the other hand... I remember playing that buggy piece-of-shit demo and being entertained solely by how lousy it was. Soldier of Fortune did a better job of pulling off similar gameplay on nearly the same engine.

How about Shadow Warrior?

Those shooters that got sandwiched between Duke Nukem 3D and full 3D quake-engine games got overlooked pretty often.

SiN?

Yup, SiN. I remember some automated turrets that would shoot you outside of a vault... but sometimes, instead of dying, you'd turn invincible and your HUD or model or something got a green tinge. I don't think they intended for you to hulk out.

Just picked this up on eBay (thanks to your video recommendation MJ)

$T2eC16hHJGQE9noMcSkHBQ!Yc7TJyQ~~60_12.JPG

Set me back $5 plus $4 shipping. Great price! I love western games like Gun, Red Dead, and Dead mans hand. This will be great!

On a side note, I got the Pentium 60 working on the Epson S30 projector using a TVator (VGA to S-Video) I picked up for $3 at a thrift shop. So I'll be rocking this in 150" of classic glory.

I guess I'm not getting this after all. When I paid I did my standard blurb about being sure it is protected from being squashed. The seller responded asking for another $7.50 for UPS store packing :o

I wrote them back and suggested they cut some cardboard to make the bubble envelope more ridged if that was all they had to send it. They responded with a cancel sale, refund, and a made up story about spilling coffee on it by mistake. :| Guess they want a neg. No Outlaws for me.

I guess I'm not getting this after all.

Oh wow. Sorry to hear that. I was seriously jealous when I saw you posted those pics!

Well I'm paying more but I noticed a person I've dealt with many time before had one for sale and grabbed it as a side deal (he had it as a store listing.... for a while I'd guess) I'm basically paying that extra $7.50 after all but at least it's voluntary and not because some dill hole demanded it in order to do his job and mail a game as shown.

Wheel of Time by GT Interactive for the PC. Was like Hexen in that you had spells to use as well as weapons but the variety of spells was huge. This game was a blast and I felt guilty afterwards since I paid only $6.99 at EB. This was when EB actually had PC games before Gamestop ruined them.

PS1 Codename: Tenka- never heard anyone discuss this one. It's by Psygnosis IIRC you like their games MJ!

PS1 Kileak: the DNA imperative- very unimpressive by today's standards (launch title, so obviously) but follow ups Epidemic & BRAHMA Force: Assault on Beltlogger 9 were enjoyable

PS1 SpaceGriffon VF-9

PS1 Disruptor

PS2 Warhammer 40,000 Fire Warrior

Edited by RJ

• 1 month later...

My absolute fave FPS PC game is BLOOD, and all its expansion packs/add ons, like Plasma Pak, Cryptic Passage.I have ONE UNIT WHOLE BLOOD, which has the whole Blood series included.BLOOD2 THE CHOSEN came out also, but not quite as good as the 1st AFAIC.

I second the motion for a Kiss Psycho circus 2 I only played it on the dc but it was the best fps on it...

esp when you consider tosh like soldier of fortune... now that is a game that should have died the death but still manage to keep going all the way up to the 360...

that is before the call of duty series killed the market....

oh a sequel to Black...

and how about a sequel to Bodycount... I know it was just out and was a total flop but....

a sequel to ed hunter as well and make it a fps... come on Iron maiden in a video game!!

Nice tshirt... I love Dream Theatre

Edited by bloodreptile

PS1 Codename: Tenka- never heard anyone discuss this one. It's by Psygnosis IIRC you like their games MJ!

PS1 Kileak: the DNA imperative- very unimpressive by today's standards (launch title, so obviously) but follow ups Epidemic & BRAHMA Force: Assault on Beltlogger 9 were enjoyable

PS1 SpaceGriffon VF-9

PS1 Disruptor

PS2 Warhammer 40,000 Fire Warrior

I tried that on the PC... what a stinking pile of dog shit w/horrid Consolodized controls... :puke:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hadn't heard of Outlaws... looks like a neat way to use the Dark Forces engine

https://en.wikipedia...ki/Jedi_(engine)

I never knew what engine drove Dark Forces, always thought it was modified IDTech 1 perhaps... looks like I was wrong.

I have the other 5 games you mentioned, they're still sealed which definitely proves that they're not on my 'to play' list any time soon :lol: which definitely gives credence to them being in the list you presented :thumbsup:

Edited by Protoplasym