IGNORED

ADTpro on Apple //c question

dustfilledhobo

I just got ADTpro and a new Apple //c. This is my first Apple // and I don't know much about vintage computing. This might sound dumb, but do you need two disk drives to run ADTpro and transfer a disk image from a modern PC to the Apple //c to copy it onto a 5.25" floppy?

I was hoping to use only the Apple //c's built-in floppy drive to turn disk images into floppies.

Any help you can provide me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

I just got ADTpro and a new Apple //c. This is my first Apple // and I don't know much about vintage computing. This might sound dumb, but do you need two disk drives to run ADTpro and transfer a disk image from a modern PC to the Apple //c to copy it onto a 5.25" floppy?

I was hoping to use only the Apple //c's built-in floppy drive to turn disk images into floppies.

Any help you can provide me will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Nope, just the built in drive of the //c. You just transfer the image over and it is written to the floppy in the built in drive.

That's exactly how I use the program.

Have you already 'bootstrapped'?

~telengard

Have you already 'bootstrapped'?

~telengard

Thanks for the reply!

I'm not familiar with what that means, although I have heard it a few times from videos I've watched and documentation I've while trying to figure this out.

I bought the modem port ===> DE-9 connector cable from RetroFloppy.com as well as the ADTpro on 5.25" floppy.

I'm a little confused, because when looking into "bootstrapping" it seems like it always ends with making a copy of the program on a 5.25" disk, but I already have that. I'm sure I'm missing something.

Is there a way to store ADTpro on the Apple //c so that the built-in floppy drive is available to make a copy of a disk image on an actual 5.25" disk?

Thanks.

What you need to do now is boot the ADTPro disk and it will walk you through the steps of setting up the connection between the //c and your PC. If it doesn't then just go to the ADTPro page and follow the process there. Once you have the settings right, so your PC is talking to the //c, you'll remove the ADTPro disk from the internal floppy drive and put a blank disk in there, format it, and then send what ever disk image you want from the PC to the //c. ADTPro will let you know when it's done writing the disk image to disk.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask and welcome to the wonderful world of the Apple II.

What you need to do now is boot the ADTPro disk and it will walk you through the steps of setting up the connection between the //c and your PC. If it doesn't then just go to the ADTPro page and follow the process there. Once you have the settings right, so your PC is talking to the //c, you'll remove the ADTPro disk from the internal floppy drive and put a blank disk in there, format it, and then send what ever disk image you want from the PC to the //c. ADTPro will let you know when it's done writing the disk image to disk.

If you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask and welcome to the wonderful world of the Apple II.

Thanks for your help!

To

magnusfalkirk,

do you know how to make working on my Window 7 64 bits PC Tower to my Apple //gs via serial adapter ?

As Arkhan said it should just work. Make sure you downloaded everything you need from the ADTPro website here: http://adtpro.sourceforge.net/ if this page doesn't answer your question you can always contact David Schmidt, the man behind ADTPro. Also there are help forums at the ADTPro website that you can look through to see if someone else has had your problem and had a solution posted.