IGNORED

Interest in a pinned 7800 homebrew thread?

Sauron

After just spending an hour or so digging through the forum here looking for all of the great homebrew releases that have come out within the last 2 years, I was just thinking that it would make things much easier for others to be able to find homebrews by creating a pinned thread that lists them all. In fact, I'm a bit surprised that this hasn't been done already.

So...anyone else here share the same sentiment? If so, I'll get to work on creating one, although I'll need everyone's help. I'd like it to specifically list all 7800 homebrews that have come out since the commercial days, with links to where they can be obtained either in (legal) binary/ROM or cart format. I'd like to include WIP games as well, although they will be denoted as such until they're completed. So, who's up for helping? :)

• Like 7

Please do so!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: That would be a tremendous time saver, not to mention, folks wouldn't come late to the party and miss out on anything. With so much going on right now in the 7800 scene, it will help us all keep up to speed! Thanks!!!

Thanks for the feedback so far. I'll try to get started on this tonight. In the meantime, anyone who feels like digging through the forum and posting links to the various game threads posted in here, please feel free!

Ok, so I put together a starter list in this thread: http://www.atariage.com/forums/topic/200736-atari-7800-homebrew-thread/

It's very, very far from being complete, but I got most of PacManPlus's games, plus Get Lost! by Propane13. I didn't find thread links to all of PMP's games, and don't really have the time right now to search for them. Also, I know there's plenty of other homebrews out there that need to be listed and linked (Beef Drop, for starters). So, if you notice games (and links to them) that are missing, and have the time to dig for them, then please post them here! I have the other thread pinned and locked, as I'd rather have it clean, so please post your submissions in this thread. Any and all contributions to this list will be greatly appreciated! :)

I think this is a good idea. Er, wasn't there supposed to be some sort of homebrew tracking features built-in to AtariAge? I'd assume it was more than this:

http://www.atariage....pment_list.html

Yes, but as you can see, it is painfully out of date. Maybe one day Al can get it updated, but in the meantime having something in the forum would be easier to keep track of and update as needed.

A clean thread is good but I'd like if, after building a good initial list, you put new posts updating the thread just saying thing like "Get Lost status updated to released, link to order here" or "Battletoads from Pacman Plus added".

If the updates are made only in the first topic we won't get notifications from the forum

This way we can follow the topic to be informed with the recent status of the homebrew scene.

• Like 1

Thanks, guys! Sending me those links is a huge help! One other request here, also. When sending the links, please try to send a direct link to whatever post contains the final/most recent version of the game. Most of PMP's games that I listed so far, I'll need to go back and do that, but most of the links sent to me were to that. It saves a lot of time in having to dig through 20+ page threads to find the most recent version of the game.

Also, if the link you're sending is to a game that isn't completed, then please denote as (WIP).

A clean thread is good but I'd like if, after building a good initial list, you put new posts updating the thread just saying thing like "Get Lost status updated to released, link to order here" or "Battletoads from Pacman Plus added".

If the updates are made only in the first topic we won't get notifications from the forum

This way we can follow the topic to be informed with the recent status of the homebrew scene.

That's a good idea. Once I get this initial batch straightened out, I'll post further updates as new posts in that thread.

• Like 1