IGNORED

Coleco TV

retroillucid

For some while, I was thinking about making Coleco TV

A place where people could see upcomming projects , Coleco collecting etc..

Nothing too ambitious, just doing this for fun

I though about doing this over youtube but I don't have much time editing videos

So, last weekend I saw hardhat doing a live stream of the AdamCon, so that gave me the idea to do Coleco TV live trough Stickam

I will at first, do 1 live video per month and if time permit me, I plan to make 1 live video per week

You will be able to give comments, opinions and suggestion live, during the presentation

I will give the schedule once everything is set

If you want to subscribe to ColecoTV Channel, contact me

It's free, obviously

• Like 3

Please forgive my ignorance, but is StickCam for direct streaming only, or does it offer recording à la Youtube?

I'm asking because if I have to sit down to watch your show at a particular day and time, then I'll end up missing it most of the time. I hardly watch "real" TV as it is.

• Like 1

My response to a Coleco TV show

A dedicated virtual TV channel is a good idea. Making one like those we can find archives or short clips on Youtbe isn't hard to start. The real issue is to have the energy and time to keep going. Sooner or later, whatever you start as a periodic event ends because of a lack of interest or time. By surrounding you by a team it will helps to fill up the blanks when you can't perform the task by your own and keep the event alive for awhile. And a solution to fill up the blanks in your calendar of the show is to open the lines and speak with the viewers or replying to their emails, because I don't believe that you can do a periodic event for a long time without having external input from Coleco enthusiats all aruond the world.

My personal experience on Youtube

I've tried a few times, in various forms, to do series of videos and I must admit that I've not finished one at its full potential even if I wanted to in the first place. These videos that I've made are individualy interesting in some regards and so I'm glad that I've made them already. I've explained most of what the video chip can do, I've given some news regarding the Coleco homebrew scene, I've shown the evolution of one of my biggest CV games and talked about the context of my first CV projects. I've done all this because I believed it will inform, entertain and inspire others to do something similar to give a more complete picture of the Coleco programming and Coleco homebrew scene. During the last 3 years, forced by bandwidth limitation and followed by a lack of interest, I've stopped to make videos but I still want to make a few from time to time like the series about coding CV stuff in assembly language I've stopped right before the parts about using joystick input and play sounds which are two important aspects of a videogame.

I wish to make more videos in the near future but I don't promise anymore. I'm planning one based on my CV Sounds presentations from 2010 and 2012, but I have no idea when it will be done. it's like my wish of doing a special game project since 2009 but still too early to consider to reveal it.

Edited by newcoleco
  • Like 1

The best thing right now, would be to take ideas, comments of each

i don't want this Coleco TV to be super big, just something cool to watch

But if people want to join Coleco TV by helping , great then! :)

Nothing need to be set in the stone right now, we only need ideas to get this done

If someone want to lead this project, I will be the first to be happy :D

Well in the robot hobby world they do a weekly "Robot Party" which is a multiuser video chat, where everyone gets to give an update on any news or personal progress that they've made. It just requires one moderator to run, and requires low preparation for presenters. It is not that interesting to watch archived versions in a way though, but when I'm free I like to watch it.

stickam allows you to record your show and archive it for later.