IGNORED

Which cart am I?

bomberpunk

Good guesses, but not Phoenix, and not No Escape..

Here is some info about the clues so far:

Clue #1 refers to part of the gameplay,

Clue #2 and #3 are related to the label/manual for the game and/or the game in general.

The 4th clue alludes to the value of this cart.

Clue #5 is below (about gameplay):

post-2955-0-17678700-1419785173_thumb.jpg

Not Breakout or Crazy Climber..

Here is another video clip clue about gameplay, though the answer to this puzzle does NOT involve food or drink in the game itself.

The scene is from an iconic episode of "I Love Lucy".. and I am a bit surprised that Atari never licensed a game featuring Lucy or this scene. Hmm :ponder:

http://youtu.be/HnbNcQlzV-4

I assumed this bit about "8 crazy nights" was a clue:

Okay, I thought more people would respond during the last 24 hours, but perhaps i need to wait 8 crazy nights before i give another clue. ;)

The reference to "must come down, pal" made me think it's a PAL exclusive, but Ski Run and Ski Hunt don't seem to fit. Actually, I thought Omegamatrix had it with Crazy Climber!

Hey guys! I see where some of your guesses are coming from, but nobody guessed correctly yet. I promise, there is no advanced math needed to get the answer. :)

To clarify, Yes, the fourth clue was subtle and referred to "8 crazy nights" but also "24 hours" ;)

Also, as mentioned, the game is not food-themed, but, yes, our European "pals" here will have better luck finding this game. :)

One more clue, I think will give it away:

7. Although late to the party, this game appeared on at least 22 different game consoles or computers. :)

Congrats, Brian! you guessed correctly! The answer is KLAX :)

Here is a recap of the clues and their meanings that I was going for:

Clue #1. What goes up... must come down, pal. In the gameplay, you can send colors you don't want back up the conveyor, but the tiles soon come down to you again. "Pal" is a hint that the game is common in PAL format (but also 10 copies in NTSC format are known to exist)

Clue #2. First the worst, Second the same.. Last the best of all the game. I heard this playground rhyme as a kid. It refers to Klax being the last title released by Atari, for the 2600 (and the game is one of the best.)

Clue #3. Video of the Minion saying "Bee Do!" over and over or, as our French friends may refer to as a klaxon siren of their emergency/police vehichles.

Clue #4. Okay, I thought more people would respond during the last 24 hours, but perhaps i need to wait 8 crazy nights before i give another clue. That was on Christmas day (24 hours) and the "8 crazy nights" line is in Adam Sandler's well known "Hannukah Song" which traditionally covers 8 days: So 24 x 8 = 192. Klax on the 2600 is CX26192.

Clue #5. Michael Jackson and his glove I picked this photo of the King of Pop because his iconic white glove is in full view and looks similar to the "K shaped" white hand you move around to select game options in KLAX. The hand also appears on the label of other Klax versions, like for the LYNX for example.

Clue #6. I Love Lucy iconic episode the video features Lucy and Ethel working at the chocolate factory (and failing) to wrap the candies on the conveyor belt. They "stack" some of the candies in order to keep up, but still end up "missing" some of the chocolates.. similar to gameplay in KLAX.

Clue #7. Although late to the party, this game appeared on at least 22 different game consoles or computers. :) According to http://www.klaxworld.com the arcade game made it onto 22 different systems by various programmers, most of them released. The 2600 version only was sold in PAL countries, because the 2600 market in North America was all but dead in 1990.

Whew! ok i just typed all that from my phone. Back to you, BrianC! :thumbsup: :)

• Like 1

Congrats, Brian! you guessed correctly! The answer is KLAX :)

Here is a recap of the clues and their meanings that I was going for:

Clue #1. What goes up... must come down, pal. In the gameplay, you can send colors you don't want back up the conveyor, but the tiles soon come down to you again. "Pal" is a hint that the game is common in PAL format (but also 10 copies in NTSC format are known to exist)

Clue #2. First the worst, Second the same.. Last the best of all the game. I heard this playground rhyme as a kid. It refers to Klax being the last title released by Atari, for the 2600 (and the game is one of the best.)

Clue #3. Video of the Minion saying "Bee Do!" over and over or, as our French friends may refer to as a klaxon siren of their emergency/police vehichles.

Clue #4. Okay, I thought more people would respond during the last 24 hours, but perhaps i need to wait 8 crazy nights before i give another clue. That was on Christmas day (24 hours) and the "8 crazy nights" line is in Adam Sandler's well known "Hannukah Song" which traditionally covers 8 days: So 24 x 8 = 192. Klax on the 2600 is CX26192.

Clue #5. Michael Jackson and his glove I picked this photo of the King of Pop because his iconic white glove is in full view and looks similar to the "K shaped" white hand you move around to select game options in KLAX. The hand also appears on the label of other Klax versions, like for the LYNX for example.

Clue #6. I Love Lucy iconic episode the video features Lucy and Ethel working at the chocolate factory (and failing) to wrap the candies on the conveyor belt. They "stack" some of the candies in order to keep up, but still end up "missing" some of the chocolates.. similar to gameplay in KLAX.

Clue #7. Although late to the party, this game appeared on at least 22 different game consoles or computers. :) According to http://www.klaxworld.com the arcade game made it onto 22 different systems by various programmers, most of them released. The 2600 version only was sold in PAL countries, because the 2600 market in North America was all but dead in 1990.

Whew! ok i just typed all that from my phone. Back to you, BrianC! :thumbsup: :)

After reading your clues explanations, I can honestly say that #7 was the only clue that I was able reconcile in my feeble mind. The rest were a little too hard. Especially #4, no one on earth could have figured that one... well maybe cpuwiz or Stephen Hawking.

I was on the right wavelength for #1 and #6. #4 is fair game since 8 days = 192 hours. #5 is obvious in retrospect.

OTOH #2 did throw me off -- I was thinking of something with three gameplay phases, or three of something, but I guess the first part of the rhyme was a red herring. #3 had me looking for a game with a constant siren. :D Actually I think there is one with a constant two-tone beeping, but I can't remember what it is.