IGNORED

Which cart am I?

bomberpunk

I would guess "It ain't over 'til it's over" is a Yogi Berra quote. It takes two players to play. Not sure about the third clue...

Good one, I didn't know about the Yogi Berra quote. There's a Starship song of the same name, so I was going through all the space-themed games to see if any of them fit the other two clues. I thought about two players as well, but the clue is "It takes too", not "It takes two". Unless it's a misspelling, I interpreted it as having something to do with giving and taking. At the moment I'm still stumped.

Not double dunk and not gopher. I think my clues might be too much in my own way of thinking; kudos to all the folks who come up with crossword puzzle clues! Anyway, here is some clarification:

1. The game has no actual end, you just play until you decide to shut it off.

2. It is two player only and the title is not misspelled, but contains a homophone.

3. Dance may be a subjective term, but it does happen regularly.

You are correct! Duel and Dual are homophones, Dual being the two that's in the title. Hopefully the clues make sense now and weren't too obtuse.

Funny thing is, I thought that right away, but doubted myself for some reason. I remember playing AD around 1985/1986 and being totally delighted by the "cutscenes", especially the one where the soldier misses the turn and has to catch up with his compatriot.

You've got it! #1 and #3 are exactly right.

As for #2, that location in the middle of nowhere is the antipode of Phoenix, AZ -- that is, the opposite point on the earth. And the gameplay in Death Trap is exactly the opposite of (the climactic stage of) Phoenix: instead of shooting to bring down a shield, your shots create one.

Nicely done!

Hey! I got the antipode bit being Phoenix. :) Even spent some time trying to figure out what the opposite of a Phoenix was. Couldn't come up with anything though. Still, I'm pleased to learn that I was on the right track. Actually, got the diamond bit too, just couldn't figure out which game it fit. Anyway, nicely done, Chuck.