IGNORED

Season 9 Round 9 - Paperboy

CGQuarterly

**REMINDER: This is the final round of pre-selected games. I will select the game for the 10th and final round!**

Welcome to round 9 of the 9th season of the Atari Age NES High Score League!

The first 9 games have been pre-selected and entered into a random list generator. So you guys know the games, but not the order.

Let's try 1-week rounds this season.

This round ends on Sunday, August 12th.

Title: Paperboy

Developer: Mindscape, Inc.

Publisher: Nintendo

Released: December, 1988 (US)

http://youtu.be/WFhKnpn3WRc

Rules:

Scores so far:

Current standings:

1. Austin 55

2. peculiarsatyr 35

3. asponge 22

4. atarilovesyou 18

5. theKLT 11

6. Liduario 9

7(t). roadrunner 8

7(t). jblenkle 8

9. cybersp78 6

10. cparsley 2

11(t). Jibbajaba 1

11(t). mihcael 1

11(t). LarcenTyler 1

I can honestly say I haven't played this game for longer than ten minutes. I always marvelled at it in the arcades but this NES version always looked terrible to me for some reason. I'll give it a whirl; is this the final game for this series?

UPDATE SCORE:

10, 550

Man, they don't give you a lot of time to copy that score, especially if it's not on the board. I mildly enjoyed this game; crappy graphics and enough cheap moments to make you glad you didn't shell out the bucks for it in the 80s. There is something about it that I like, however...some kinda quirky fun factor that keeps you going. Much more difficult in ways than you'd expect. Do I sound complainy?...of course I do! YOU CAN SEE THERE IS NO PLEASING ME, Mr POWERZ!!!

*UPDATE

This game annoys!...yet I'm having some fun with it. I have YET to get each and every house on the route!

Edited by atarilovesyou

I can honestly say I haven't played this game for longer than ten minutes. I always marvelled at it in the arcades but this NES version always looked terrible to me for some reason. I'll give it a whirl; is this the final game for this series?

I believe there is one more game.

PaperBoy is one of my favorites.

First attempt 81,100. Might see how much higher I can get if I have time. I finished this round with 12 houses.

PBHS.jpg

Some tips.

1. Going into the road is death. Stay on the sidewalk as much as possible.

2. I tend to go as fast as possible the vast majority of the time. This might not work for everyone but I pretty much never get hit by the tornado. when I see it I just try to drift left of the sidewalk. With the dog I cut from left to the right side of it and hit it with a paper before it takes off after you. The only things that catch me off guard sometimes are the skater or the tire that rolls and then decides to turn right at you when you dont expect it.

3. Destroy as much stuff as possible. I do this only with unsubscriber houses. I'm not sure if you lose houses or get points for destroying subscriber house stuff.

4. I try to deliver to every house. The ones with trick shots like windows between the main front and the mail box I usually just go for the bigger target.

5. Hit as much stuff you can on the obstacle course as your papers reload when you hit targets. go crazy but try not to crash because finishing the course gives you several thousand points.

• Like 1

Multiple post, whoops. Actually, no whoops: this was due to my infamous (and apparently, it's only me) glitchy problem which doesn't allow me to post each and every time. It's the only forum I where this happens and I can't explain it; I've asked the mods for some kinda help, nadda. Oh well.

Edited by atarilovesyou