IGNORED

EMR II - Evil Magician Returns upgraded to DPC+!

Byte Knight

While I was in there, I also fixed a bug where the red wizard would become immortal on Level 1.

Enjoy!

attachicon.gifEMRII31.bin

attachicon.gifEMRIImanual.pdf

Ugh , and I had noticed that once and yet I must of forgotten to try it again ! Maybe Al could get the newest .bin and release it on cart :grin: On one of the threads he mentioned that it would be on cart this year .

Ugh , and I had noticed that once and yet I must of forgotten to try it again ! Maybe Al could get the newest .bin and release it on cart :grin: On one of the threads he mentioned that it would be on cart this year .

Yes, I'm surprised that one slipped through your extensive testing. The bug was a leftover from the earlier versions where it only took one shot to kill the red wizard in Level 1.

This looks great, but in Stella at least, it has the screen bouncing issue that I've seen before with some other DPC+ demos. Setting the cartridge type t DPC+ manually in Stella didn't help, either. Does this not happen on an actual Atari?

I added that jitter support to Stella as documented in this blog entry - Overscan Jitter 2, DPC+ Jitter, which was done due to this topic Game test on Harmony Cart(pertinent info in replies 5 and 11).

There have been a number of revisions to DPC+ over the years, and based on EMR II the earlier version must not have had this issue - though based on how the fractional data fetchers work, I don't know why not. There's no version info in the DPC+ driver, so no easy way for Stella to behave differently for different versions of DPC+.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
21 hours ago, KevinMos3 said:

I've played this a lot since picking it up at PRGE, but haven't figured out the easter egg yet.  I think I found something once, but lost it.

Good to hear at least one person bought the game!  It's been a while, but I believe you have to find two "dots", before you can enter the secret room...  I know that AtariBrian found the Easter Egg while testing.  Maybe he could give a hint if he's still around here.

6 hours ago, Byte Knight said:

Good to hear at least one person bought the game!..

:lol:  Just one of MANY, I'm sure.  It was great to see it on cartridge and with such nice artwork.  I couldn't pass it up.  I believe I have all your games so far.

6 hours ago, Byte Knight said:

...I believe you have to find two "dots", before you can enter the secret room...

Ah, so I was on the right track.  I must have found 1 dot, but not the 2nd.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...