IGNORED

anyone have a 1200XL with rev 11 OS?

ACML

6 minutes ago, StickJock said:

Man, tough crowd.

I'm glad I didn't make a joke about DrVenkman's 800's power light looking like it was sitting a little higher than OEM....  ?

Hey, getting that ATR swap switch to work smoothly and reliably is a pain in the ass. I could sand the bottom of the light pipe a bit to drop it back down a tiny bit but screw it. No one unfamiliar with the 800 notices anything until the green HDD activity light shows, and those who do notice it usually realize there’s an Incognito in the machine. 

And if they don’t like it, frankly I don’t give a damn. :) 

1 minute ago, DrVenkman said:

Hey, getting that ATR swap switch to work smoothly and reliably is a pain in the ass. I could sand the bottom of the light pipe a bit to drop it back down a tiny bit but screw it. No one unfamiliar with the 800 notices anything until the green HDD activity light shows, and those who do notice it usually realize there’s an Incognito in the machine. 

Ha ha, besides needing to fix the power drain on my 800, I still need to work out what to do with the ATR.  If I didn't already have a 130XE with all the things, I'd probably spend more time working on it.  As I've been building LED replacements for the Mega STe / TT, and learning python for work, haven't had time to do anything on my own machines.

So many projects, so little time...

9 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

Yeah, I guessed what it was.  I'm still waiting on receiving a dupont kit from AliExpress before I begin my install.  I was going to just flip the original 6-pin connector over so that the 3-pin would fit next to it, but one of FJC's videos says that the included cable's wires going to the CPU card are too short, so I figure I'll wait a bit longer and do it all at the same time.  

I am planning on using a pair of 2-color red/green 3mm LEDs with the green leads bent up, so I'll have to do a bit of extra filing on the light pipe.

6 minutes ago, StickJock said:

I am planning on using a pair of 2-color red/green 3mm LEDs with the green leads bent up, so I'll have to do a bit of extra filing on the light pipe

Modern LEDs are a lot brighter than the vintage originals. You will likely need only one. In fact, I ever do decide to fiddle with my power board mod again (not likely), I’ll probably change the current limiting resistor to a somewhat higher value to reduce the brightness of the red LED. It overwhelms the green when my HDD activity light activates. And on *that* note, if like several of us your HDD light doesn’t work as installed, you might need to remove the on-board SMD LED on the Incogito. Driving both that one and an external caused too much voltage drop. Once I removed the SMD LED from my Icognito, my new HDD light came to life. 

6 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

Modern LEDs are a lot brighter than the vintage originals. You will likely need only one. In fact, I ever do decide to fiddle with my power board mod again (not likely), I’ll probably change the current limiting resistor to a somewhat higher value to reduce the brightness of the red LED. It overwhelms the green when my HDD activity light activates. And on *that* note, if like several of us your HDD light doesn’t work as installed, you might need to remove the on-board SMD LED on the Incogito. Driving both that one and an external caused too much voltage drop. Once I removed the SMD LED from my Icognito, my new HDD light came to life. 

My thought on using both was 1) keep the red & green lights even instead of biased left/right (granted, I don't know if this is an issue or not), and 2) don't need to cut a trace on the power board.  I figure that I also don't need to drill the hole for the wires, though I do plan on hot gluing them down.  Now, if I can figure out a way to not have to drill the hole for the standoff....  (I like the idea of being able to undo the mod and "leave the campsite cleaner than it was when I got there", even though it is unlikely that I would ever undo it)

15 minutes ago, StickJock said:

Now, if I can figure out a way to not have to drill the hole for the standoff....

Might be better to take this to the (very long!) Incognito thread, but having said that, if you can get a chunk of dense styrofoam, you could use cut or carve a chunk to sit between the bottom side of the power board and your case bottom, maybe secured to the case or the power board with a dab of hot glue (removable with heat or iso), that would serve as a suitable support. But realistically you need something because pressing on the light pipe will cause some amount of flex on the board without support.

Try to get back on Topic .

Basic question , for Bob1200XL, Did you get the REV. 11 1200XL OS installed ?

If So does the carts work now that did not before, and if you had the Ground wire (CPU to Cart port) Did you remove one end ?

Iam thinking this Motherboard has fixes that were not known about , OR The R11 OS is the fix.