IGNORED

For people with S-Video modded 7800s and HDMI-Only TVs...

PacManPlus

Hi Guys:

Just wanted to share this with you.

This was something I should not have bought now, money being what it is, but I had no way to display my S-Video modded 7800 on my TV (it doesn't have an S-video input, and composite looked HORRIBLE).

This was only $50, and the picture looks AMAZING: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003NS0UUQ/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&tag=atariage&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B003NS0UUQ&linkCode=as2

I was a little skeptical at first, but now that I got it and tried it, I'm glad I did. This obviously could go for any S-Video console (or composite - but I haven't tried that connection yet).

The colors are a little saturated, and the screen stretches horizontally a little, but the picture is much better than I imagined.

I'll try to take some pics over the weekend.

Bob

• Like 1

Agreed...Purchased mine and cheaper here several months ago: http://www.monoprice.com/products/product.asp?c_id=101&cp_id=10114&cs_id=1011406&p_id=7111&seq=1&format=2

Ideal if you have no S-Video or Composite inputs. However, some/many TV's if the inputs do exist may upconvert better than the box. Again, best if no inputs exist. It is a very reasonable price conversion box that does a good job.